What's new

Asus Zenwifi XT8 5GHz-2 Band DFS Channel Backhaul Behavior

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

All the best, do reboot all router, nodes and re-connect wifi clients (forget network, re-join). Every time I change any settings, Zenwifi system goes crazy. Hope you find a good configuration, then don't touch it :)

All the best, do reboot all router, nodes and re-connect wifi clients (forget network, re-join). Every time I change any settings, Zenwifi system goes crazy. Hope you find a good configuration, then don't touch it :)

Do you have Ai protection enabled?

Ai Protection Yes. Used it historically on ASUS routers and never bothered me.

QoS: Disabled (Mainly because I have fast enough WAN connection that it shouldn't matter).

Ok, still working today.. have you enabled 160mhz only or do you use automatic 20/40/80/160 channel bandwith?

Last edited:
1600363153485.png

As explained by JagoUK, I don't seem to have DFS/Radar issue in my area, hence enabled 160Mhz. Do verify that part in your case first.

Keep in mind, my experience is, if you change anything in the config. Reboot all nodes of mesh. Forget and re-join wifi network. Otherwise, some devices get stuck to some bands and never switch.

Today it droped to 2,4ghz again with your settings.. 3 days it lasted again... :(

Have you confirmed no dfs/radar events? Want to pick a non-dfs 80MHz channel manually and see if that is stable?

If you have an option to return/exchange the system, consider it.

Have you confirmed no dfs/radar events? Want to pick a non-dfs 80MHz channel manually and see if that is stable?

If you have an option to return/exchange the system, consider it.

I'll try ch104 at 80mhz.

A real big thanks for your help. If this isn't working I'll do a complaint

Hi everyone,

I just bought the XT8 a few days ago and already ran into some of the issues described in this forum.

The last thing I did was following @tomatopotatochilli 's steps from post #29 and the outcome makes me happy in general. But I noticed that although I selected 160 mhz only for 5ghz-2, I see in the logs that 100/80 is used.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to get 160mhz within the channels that are available to me?

Image 16.png

Image 17.png

Hi everyone,

I just bought the XT8 a few days ago and already ran into some of the issues described in this forum.

The last thing I did was following @tomatopotatochilli 's steps from post #29 and the outcome makes me happy in general. But I noticed that although I selected 160 mhz only for 5ghz-2, I see in the logs that 100/80 is used.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to get 160mhz within the channels that are available to me?

View attachment 26351

View attachment 26352
Turn your router off then on again or manually pick a channel like 124 and see if the WiFi log shows a channel disabled.

Because once it is barred it will not show in wifi log unless you've made a channel change in last 30 mins.

Turn your router off then on again or manually pick a channel like 124 and see if the WiFi log shows a channel disabled.

Because once it is barred it will not show in wifi log unless you've made a channel change in last 30 mins.

Thank you.
Channel 124 works fine with 160mhz bw.

Today I returned my xt8 to the store. They will send them to service.

I just reset my XT8 and forgot the terminal commands to manually set the SSID for the second 5ghz module.
Would someone please help me out?