What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 (2022/01/14)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Disconnected every hour. Always. :mad:

Attachments

• 13 30.png
    13 30.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 12 30.png
    12 30.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 249
Yes, I did a WPS reset yesterday.
Are there specific devices falling off? I know in my case my IoT network (2.4) needs to be very basic with everything on very basic vanilla settings or many of those devices lose connectivity. Non l-IoT devices stick to the 5.1 and 5.2 networks depending on whether they are ac or ax devices. I then alter the professional settings to match overall capabilities.

Doing the above seems to garner me a bit of stability but may not work for your specific config. I also use Ethernet backhaul so again you might not take advantage of that.

@kamil666 try beta firmware, for me it completely fixed backhaul traffic loss issue. In general this is not a great idea to use beta firmwares, but official asus releases are not much better than beta :D

3600 seconds, 1 hour. This maybe a problem. I have ac and ax devices, 2,4 and 5GHz. Disconnection is every hour.
I test each new firmware by setting this interval to something between 200 and 300 seconds and monitor pings. After 42095 only current beta (9.0.0.4.386_57317) passed the test.

For me beta 386_57317 disconnect regularly. 42095 works perfectly, with no interruptions. I set the interval to 0. I'll let you know.

just for fun and to see what people where talking about I decided to monitor my wireless backhaul connection to the node with smokeping (blue is packet loss), doesn't seem to be anything excessive, 0.48% over an hour (wifi will probably always have dropped packets so not unexpected) and no clients dropped, no noticeable network interruptions .I also checked a couple of clients connected to the aimesh node, similar stuff.. anyways. things seem solid so far for my config/setup/clients.. of course anytime I say that everything goes haywire shortly thereafter.

1642789510319.png

Last edited:
argh.. i knew it.. as soon as I say everything looks stable things happen. i just had to powercycle the mesh node because a laptop couldn't connect to it. sent feedback via the router to asus. oh well, back to 42095

Last edited:
Just had devices lose connection to the 3 nodes. They are all connected via wireless backhaul to the 4th main XT8 unit. Sent feedback to ASUS via UI.

After a few of these ‘error’ in the logs:

Jan 21 21:19:39 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth4: Disassoc XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0

Got this:

May 5 06:05:18 crashlog: LOG

May 5 06:05:18 crashlog: <6>protocol 0000 is buggy, dev archer

May 5 06:05:18 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.24.1 (2022-01-05 16:07:57 CST)

And it carried on with similar logs. Not sure if it means anything.

The actual Hyperoptic (ISP) provided modem/router did not lose connection as my TV is connected to it via ethernet and that was still working.

I do not have Guest WiFi enabled. All devices connected to the 3 nodes lost connection but not sure if the main XT8 unit connected to the Hyperoptic modem/router was still working. Hope ASUS find the cause from the logs I sent.

Posted here on Monday after doing a dirty flash thinking the issues were only happening when a certain client would connect. Did a WPS reset on router and node and had no issues for 3.5 days and the disconnect happened yesterday. My logs look like others that have been posted, had red light on the router had to manually power off/on. Would recommend staying away from this firmware if you haven't upgraded yet.

for those having problems, send feedback to asus via the router otherwise they'll never know!

I gave it a try with dirty upgrade+WPS reset, wired backhaul (but tested wireless too). It's only a couple of hours so too soon to give a feedback but fine up to now.
(wireless device, WAN/LAN speed, no particular log message.
Stay tuned

Last edited:
One conclusion that I have drawn since buying ASUS is that you need to be very open-minded and worry free to sudden outages whether during work hours or when enjoying a movie late at night but most of all able to spend some +30 minutes per day tinkering with the ASUS stuff. As the software reliability is so low one must always be ready to fail search when your company VPN suddenly drops etc.

One conclusion that I have drawn since buying ASUS is that you need to be very open-minded and worry free to sudden outages whether during work hours or when enjoying a movie late at night but most of all able to spend some +30 minutes per day tinkering with the ASUS stuff. As the software reliability is so low one must always be ready to fail search when your company VPN suddenly drops etc.
I did not know that ASUS makes routers for the corporate market. I always thought that they had only a home segment ... :)

I did not know that ASUS makes routers for the corporate market. I always thought that they had only a home segment ... :)
Impressive right? ;)

Jokes aside, I can not comment on anyone else, but at least for me, this little pandemic has caused most of my work, in recent years, to be done from home via the company's VPN.

Impressive right? ;)

Jokes aside, I can not comment on anyone else, but at least for me, this little pandemic has caused most of my work, in recent years, to be done from home via the company's VPN.
I have these two XT8 since April of this year. I, too, 1-2-3 or 4 days a week work from home, on vpn. There were different firmware for this router, but there was never a problem with vpn to communicate with the corporate network. Perhaps you need to configure the router settings correctly, or there are problems with the provider's channel... Or is it such an unsuccessful vpn ...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!