What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can not get my AX11000 to flash to official now from the beta. I get invalid firmware error. tried re-downloading it, did a full reset on the router. Not sure what to do.
Use Wifi to update. Update procedure is borked if done via LAN.

On 386 rc2-10, GT-AC5300, after updating the firmware the web UI was unresponsive. After logging in, the UI hangs on GameDashboard.asp. Not sure if anyone reported this issue, but that's what I've noticed so far.

On 386 rc2-10, GT-AC5300, after updating the firmware the web UI was unresponsive. After logging in, the UI hangs on GameDashboard.asp. Not sure if anyone reported this issue, but that's what I've noticed so far.

I have the strongest uptime since I bought GT-AC5300! 22 days and several hours with 10 beta release. Even if this will jinx it, it was a great run!
Can't really help you, I've never seen that. A power off and on few minutes later? A different browser?
Worst case scenario: a factory reset.

I am wondering why there is no updated FW for RT-AX86u? Can we at least get a beta?

I have the strongest uptime since I bought GT-AC5300! 22 days and several hours with 10 beta release. Even if this will jinx it, it was a great run!
Can't really help you, I've never seen that. A power off and on few minutes later? A different browser?
Worst case scenario: a factory reset.

Yep, had to factory reset it. That took care of the problems...always keep my fingers crossed that a dirty flash will work fine, but sometimes that just isn't the case. I manually re-did my config and have everything up and running again on RC2-10. So far, so good. Seems stable.

Last edited:
You can just flash the firmware to downgrade. Then reset it before configuring it from scratch.

OE

What about this:

*****Update 2020/12/31 (9.0.0.4.386.41535)
386 rc2-10 - Google Drive

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

This version includes
ZenWiFi XT8, XD4, CT8
GT series: GT-AX11000, GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

Due to compile problem, not in this version
ZenWiFi CD6, Lyra, Lyra mini, Lyra trio

Change log
- Fixed Let's encrypt register issue.
- Fixed packet loop problem in ethernet backhaul.
- To improve security, RT-AC68U starts to encrypt the NVRAM from this version.
Known issue: RT-AC68U needs to be reset to default to resolve the login problem after upgrading to this beta version.
If you want to downgrade to the previous version, you need to do it with rescue mode. <<<<-----
We are looking for a solution to this problem if you worry about this known issue, please wait for a further version and not update to this version.

Happy new year! *****

Doesn't that downgrade instruction apply to my AX11000? Right now im triying to update to the latest firmware version, not BETA, the new one, but i can't do it connected to the router network, i get an error, so im triying to do it from outside the network using my cellular data, but i have poor signal so its really slow to upload the file, so i just see the message " Please wait, Applying Settings... " ... Then my question is, if i downgrade to previous BETA version, i will be able to update from the same network? And i can just flash the previous BETA version or do i need to use the RESCUE MODE for it?

EDIT 1: Im triying to update using the external access link from the same wifi, i don't get an error, but all i see is the message "Please wait, Appliying Settings... "... It doesn't seem to move forward from that... Already 5 minutes there.

SOLVED: I updated my node first, without problems, then i retried to update the main router and it did it! All from local access (https).

Last edited:
Solved - moved admin page local access authentication to https uploads fine now

How long did yours to update? I did moved local access to https, then access there using https://localip:port but all i see after choosing the update is the message "Please wait, Appliying Settings..." So idk what's going on... Don't know what else to try... im also in the latest BETA triying to move to the released final version, AX11000 too.

SOLVED: I updated my node first, without problems, then i retried to update the main router and it did it! All from local access (https).

Last edited:
What about this:

*****Update 2020/12/31 (9.0.0.4.386.41535)
386 rc2-10 - Google Drive

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

This version includes
ZenWiFi XT8, XD4, CT8
GT series: GT-AX11000, GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U

Due to compile problem, not in this version
ZenWiFi CD6, Lyra, Lyra mini, Lyra trio

Change log
- Fixed Let's encrypt register issue.
- Fixed packet loop problem in ethernet backhaul.
- To improve security, RT-AC68U starts to encrypt the NVRAM from this version.
Known issue: RT-AC68U needs to be reset to default to resolve the login problem after upgrading to this beta version.
If you want to downgrade to the previous version, you need to do it with rescue mode. <<<<-----
We are looking for a solution to this problem if you worry about this known issue, please wait for a further version and not update to this version.

Happy new year! *****

Doesn't that downgrade instruction apply to my AX11000? Right now im triying to update to the latest firmware version, not BETA, the new one, but i can't do it connected to the router network, i get an error, so im triying to do it from outside the network using my cellular data, but i have poor signal so its really slow to upload the file, so i just see the message " Please wait, Applying Settings... " ... Then my question is, if i downgrade to previous BETA version, i will be able to update from the same network? And i can just flash the previous BETA version or do i need to use the RESCUE MODE for it?

EDIT 1: Im triying to update using the external access link from the same wifi, i don't get an error, but all i see is the message "Please wait, Appliying Settings... "... It doesn't seem to move forward from that... Already 5 minutes there.

I believe that note applies to the AC68U, not your AX11000.

I only manage firmware from a wired PC, using the router webUI, all on a UPS. I would not use a cellular link... too unreliable for flashing firmware.

I only use the default http for router webUI access.

OE

I believe that note applies to the AC68U, not your AX11000.

I only manage firmware from a wired PC, using the router webUI, all on a UPS. I would not use a cellular link... too unreliable for flashing firmware.

I only use the default http for router webUI access.

OE

My understanding is the same, it only applies to 68U.
I don't remember ever plugging the usb adaptor to do an upgrade. The actual upload of the image takes 2-3 seconds. I'm only seeing that part as "dangerous". Anyways wlan disconnects almost all the times before the upgrade is complete.
Never had a single problem with any upgrade. Every now and then it stalls almost instantly and that's the sign for me I need to reload the router.
That's my experience. Don't follow me though, use the method that makes you comfortable.

Another note for the RC2-10 release for the GT-AC5300...the Traffic analyzer statistics seem to be off at least by a factor of 10 (or more). I initialized all of the traffic stats/AiProtection logs after the factory reset just to ensure things were starting off on a clean slate. Traffic stats are being collected normally, but the math is definitely wrong.

Another note for the RC2-10 release for the GT-AC5300...the Traffic analyzer statistics seem to be off at least by a factor of 10 (or more). I initialized all of the traffic stats/AiProtection logs after the factory reset just to ensure things were starting off on a clean slate. Traffic stats are being collected normally, but the math is definitely wrong.

Yes, it's a mess! Both on web gui and on Android application.
I can't say I care enough about so I didn't send feedback about it.
If you care, use Feedback function from webgui.

Yes, it's a mess! Both on web gui and on Android application.
I can't say I care enough about so I didn't send feedback about it.
If you care, use Feedback function from webgui.

I did send the issue through the Feedback page in the router UI. Otherwise the firmware is running pretty well on my GT-AC5300. Hopefully ASUS addresses the minor stuff before deploying a public 386_ release.

For anyone that may be stuck trying to get the Asus GT-AX11000 Wireless Router to upgrade from the RC10 Beta software to the RTM firmware and running into an update failure pop-up, I suggest putting the router in rescue mode, and plug the ethernet into port 4 (All the other ports would not respond in rescue mode). I had the same issue and once I plugged an ethernet cable into port 4 and ran rescue mode, the router finally responded and updated to the RTM 386 firmware. I believe it may of been a small bug, but big enough pain in the RC10 Beta firmware. Hope this helps anyone else that was experiencing similar problems.

I ran into the Web UI "failure to login" issue again. After adding a new DHCP IP assignment and applying the settings, the GT-AC5300 restarted and I could not login beyond the initial prompt. Note that when this happens, everything works fine except for the web UI...wireless clients connect, WAN connection is fine, no issues with connectivity, just the web interface. I can SSH into the router using its base IP as well...running the command "service restart_httpd" restarts the web service so that the initial login page shows up, but it does NOT get the web UI working. Rebooting/powering the router off and on also does not resolve it.

If anyone runs into this problem, I did figure out a workaround...

(1) Power off GT-AC5300
(2) Power off ALL AiMesh nodes
(3) Disconnect WAN cable from GT-AC5300
(4) Power on GT-AC5300
(5) Login to Web UI (it should now work)
(6) Reconnect WAN cable to GT-AC5300
(7) Power ON all AiMesh nodes

Web UI resumes normal function after following the above steps. Seems like a bug in the RC2 firmware (haven't run into this issue previously on stable/public firmware). Used the feedback page within the web UI to report the issue to ASUS. I understand the Beta firmwares are for testing and are not stable, but gaining the AiMesh 2.0 features have made the Beta worth it, IMO.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!