What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any news on whether RT-AX56U will get the .386 version? Looks like now it is the only AX model for which 386 was not released; besides, it was not mentioned in the list of models in the latest update on 2021/1/21 from ASUSWRT_2020.

Any news on whether RT-AX56U will get the .386 version? Looks like now it is the only AX model for which 386 was not released; besides, it was not mentioned in the list of models in the latest update on 2021/1/21 from ASUSWRT_2020.
Merlin's beta 5 has 386_41700 for AX56U.
"96010951e0 Merge 386_41700 binary blobs and SDK for RT-AX56U"​

It seems that Asus is releasing 1 firmware per day. I saw Monday: GT-AC5300, Tuesday: RT-AX58U.

I'm waiting for RT-AC5300 firmware, and I trust it will appear soon.

I'm sure @ASUSWRT_2020 is busy doing what is needed to get these releases out to the public.

All that is required on our end is patience to allow the good work to come.

I'm sure @ASUSWRT_2020 is busy doing what is needed to get these releases out to the public.

All that is required on our end is patience to allow the good work to come.

Agree. But im good using Merlin B5.

@det721, all the smart money is doing that too. :)

My hunch is that there's some problems with the RT-AX56U code still. I had some issues in the last 24 hours with Merlin 386.1 beta5 (based on 386_41700). Hopefully the delay is Asus testing and perfecting the release.

It seems that Asus is releasing 1 firmware per day. I saw Monday: GT-AC5300, Tuesday: RT-AX58U.

Eric may have to teach Asus how to massively increase the speed to compile the code ;)

Last edited:
@drabisan, I'm sure you mean massively decrease the time. :D

Tuesday: RT-AX55

If you're using ASUS Official firmware (or beta), use that feedback button within the admin web UI whenever you run into bugs or other problems with their firmware. There were definitely a few items I submitted feedback (I probably wasn't the only one) that ended up getting included as new features in current releases. I wrote ASUS an essay through the feedback tab (months ago) about including the ability to granularly manage the AiMesh nodes on the network, including rebooting them from the web UI all at once, etc. Running around hitting reset buttons or using paper clips to reset a mesh node isn't always feasible especially if you have them stashed in an attic or somewhere that's difficult to reach. It was nice to see some of that in the latest build, as well as in the beta's. Now if I need to reset an AiMesh node, I can do it from the living room no problem.

Last edited:
Eric may have to teach Asus how to massively increase the speed to compile the code ;)
Could be they are doing staggered releases (which is fairly common in the industry), or they have to wait for each individual model to complete going through QA before it gets released. Just be patient...

How do you reset them back to default? only way I know of is to remove them from the main node in the web ui, is there another way I am missing? can you access the nodes directly now?

If you're using ASUS Official firmware (or beta), use that feedback button within the admin web UI whenever you run into bugs or other problems with their firmware. There were definitely a few items I submitted feedback (I probably wasn't the only one) that ended up getting included as new features in current releases. I wrote ASUS an essay through the feedback tab (months ago) about including the ability to granularly manage the AiMesh nodes on the network, including rebooting them from the web UI all at once, etc. Running around hitting reset buttons or using paper clips to reset a mesh node isn't always feasible especially if you have them stashed in an attic or somewhere that's difficult to reach. It was nice to see some of that in the latest build, as well as in the beta's. Now if I need to reset an AiMesh node, I can do it from the living room no problem.

How do you reset them back to default? only way I know of is to remove them from the main node in the web ui, is there another way I am missing? can you access the nodes directly now?
Once you’ve removed a node from the mesh allow it to restart. Then for belt and braces follow the ASUS FAQ https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074 note that the process is different depending on your model.

@ForkWNY explained he wasn’t using the button anymore, I explained the only other way I know of is removing the nodes from the main node network resets them to default. so there’s no need to use the button method after you remove a node from the main node.

my question to @ForkWNY :

if you aren’t using hardware buttons or removing the nodes from the main node network? what other possible way are you resetting them?

@brummygit I’m an advanced user not some novice, I’ve been looking for away to reset the nodes by accessing the IP address and logging in to them directly with no ssh, but by the web ui each node has, if there’s a Secret url example “xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/resetnode.asp” I want to know about it.

Once you’ve removed a node from the mesh allow it to restart. Then for belt and braces follow the ASUS FAQ https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074 note that the process is different depending on your model.

Last edited:
@brummygit I’m an advanced user not some novice, I’ve been looking for away to reset the nodes by accessing the IP address and logging in to them directly with no ssh, but by the web ui each node has, if there’s a Secret url example “xxx.xxx.xx.xxx/resetnode.asp” I want to know about it.

Then maybe be a little more explicit in your request before having a pop at me when I'm trying to help. Your only post in this thread on this topic reads:

Perhaps being clear that the only way you know to do it remotely is.........................

@ForkWNY explained he wasn’t using the button anymore, I explained the only other way I know of is removing the nodes from the main node network resets them to default. so there’s no need to use the button method after you remove a node from the main node.

my question to @ForkWNY :

if you aren’t using hardware buttons or removing the nodes from the main node network? what other possible way are you resetting them?

Not sure if it's different per router type (in my case, GT-AC5300)...to reset a node, login to the web UI. Head to AiMesh > Click on Node to reset > Select "Management" > Remove Node. This effectively seems to pull the node off the AiMesh network by rebooting then resetting the node (same as holding in reset button for 3 seconds). Unless this was a fluke, this was my experience when testing this under the latest GT-AC5300 firmware released a couple of days ago.

I did this to one of my RT-AC68U nodes...removed it via the web UI, which pulled it out of my AiMesh list. Then I was able to "Search" for the AiMesh node and re-add it, as if it was reset. I never used the reset button...once I initiated a removal through the web UI, it appeared to be the equivalent of resetting itself.

Note that this function is absolutely useless if you factory reset your router and don't "delete" your AiMesh nodes before doing so. If you plan on factory resetting your router, I would recommend removing all of the AiMesh nodes first using the web UI, should save you the hassle of using the reset button.

node.png

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!