What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

R10 working mostly here 2x XT8 - I had a couple of random reboots - The last one the main wifi ssid would not let anything auth, guests ok. entered the same password on the wireless settings and clicked apply to restart wireless and it started working again

Last edited:
I am running 3.0.0.4.386_41249 which was the last official firmware on Asus site but its pulled off now.

Now how would I know if the RC9 posted here is of greater version means more fixes etc than the one I am currently running. it seems the official firmware numbers are different than beta ones

I am experiencing lower upload speeds on wifi in current one, instead of 300+ I am only getting 200 odd but on wired lan its fine...

anyone can help ?

I am running 3.0.0.4.386_41249 which was the last official firmware on Asus site but its pulled off now.

Now how would I know if the RC9 posted here is of greater version means more fixes etc than the one I am currently running. it seems the official firmware numbers are different than beta ones

I am experiencing lower upload speeds on wifi in current one, instead of 300+ I am only getting 200 odd but on wired lan its fine...

anyone can help ?

What router model?

CC

What router model?

CC
Sorry forgot to mention.. AX88U am more interested in getting full duplex upload and download speed on Wifi as I have iPhone 12 Pro and other Wifi 6 devices also I run dual wan setup which needs to function properly

@ASUSWRT_2020
Is the early AX92U (and AX88U for that matter, although it has a different SoC) also suffering from "The Bug" and got cpuwait disabled as bug"fix" because of it?

Sorry forgot to mention.. AX88U am more interested in getting full duplex upload and download speed on Wifi as I have iPhone 12 Pro and other Wifi 6 devices also I run dual wan setup which needs to function properly

WiFi is not a full-duplex transport.

OE

Hi! How are you? I'm running 2x AX11000 in AiMesh mode, ethernet backhaul, dual wan (load balancer) with the latest BETA 9.0.0.4.386.41535, having random wifi restarts, like if I restarted the router, all devices get disconnected from network and connected again after a some seconds.... Anyone else having this issue? If I wanted to go back to previous version (didn't had issues) is just flash the previous version? Or do I need to make something special? I read something about recovery mode.... Thanks in advance!

Hi! How are you? I'm running 2x AX11000 in AiMesh mode, ethernet backhaul, dual wan (load balancer) with the latest BETA 9.0.0.4.386.41535, having random wifi restarts, like if I restarted the router, all devices get disconnected from network and connected again after a some seconds.... Anyone else having this issue? If I wanted to go back to previous version (didn't had issues) is just flash the previous version? Or do I need to make something special? I read something about recovery mode.... Thanks in advance!

You can just flash the firmware to downgrade. Then reset it before configuring it from scratch.

OE

@ASUSWRT_2020

Possible bug... appologies if this has been discussed. Pinging you instead of Merlin because this seems to be an issue with AIMesh 2

Hardware: AX88U
FW: Merlin-AsusWRT 386.1 B4b (Merged with beta GPL 386_41535)

Guest IP 192.168.101.98, attempting to bond IP to AX88U operating as Mesh Router. IP (webcam) connected to router, not node. Webcam connected to Guest1 network (ignoring the debug messages).

When attempting to bond IP to router via Mesh, message that "192.168.101.98 is not a valid IP address". However I can browse the address and view the web server there from the 192.168.1.x network.

Today night it happen again...lost my internet.
In the logs I only saw: wan is down or something like that(nothing else, seems it did not even try to active wan again)
I have as mentioned a rt-ax88u as main node and rt-ax58u as aimesh.
Tried to restart my ax88u, still no internet(it usually helps) and also my macbook pro could not attach to wifi(some like my phone could) it just always asked for my wifi password but did not accept it.
Saw these kind of logs:
Jan 18 06:58:34 kernel: CONSOLE: 058380.470 wl0: wlc_recv: dropping a frame with invalid src mac address5b:85:d0:49:77:7b
Jan 18 06:58:34 kernel: CONSOLE: 058380.470 Unexpected RX reason 22 {if=wl0 fc=0040 seq=0a50 A1=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff A2=5b:85:d0:49:77:7b}

Then I just power off/on my main router and internet is back and also I could attach to wifi.
When it works it works fine, but suddenly it can behave weirdly like this.

I can also mention that around a week ago, I tried to reset both nodes and set them up again. But it seems that does not fix this issue with internet. Wifi issues I have not noticed before.

Again, I did sent feeback from my router to Asus. Really hope they can fix these issues. Don't want my internet to go down if I'm not home. :) Kind of hard to power off/on it remotely without internet.
And yes I know this is beta, I have seen similar issues on non beta also, I mean at least loosing internet.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!