What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For latest beta RC2-11 41994, if the SSH command pwr show reports the CPU wait state enabled, then you are done. Otherwise, reset the firmware.

OE
Do you have a recommendation for a SSH client on Android?

Sometimes I don't feel like fire up my PC

Do you have a recommendation for a SSH client on Android?

Sometimes I don't feel like fire up my PC

Nope. I use a wired PC for admin work. Win10 has an SSH client in Powershell.

OE

Yeah me too, but sometimes I feel lazy and don't want to get off the couch to fire up my PC :D

Yeah me too, but sometimes I feel lazy and don't want to get off the couch to fire up my PC :D

I understand... we're all not so different. But... Android is ridiculous! :)

OE

Follow the steps for resetting to factory default on your 86U.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2 | Official Support | ASUS Global

If you can login to the 86U, resetting through the Web GUI is the easiest method and doesn't involve holding any buttons down or power cycling. Otherwise, as the linked article outlines, you can power it off, then hold down the WPS button, and power it on with the WPS button held down until the power light goes off. Let it reboot, and you're done. Reconfigure by manually entering in your router settings through the web UI.

I just completed the reset, thank you for the guidance. CPU is sitting right around 70 degrees and everything else is working. Only weird thing was (1) the default IP address was 192.168.50.1, and (2) I lost my prior DDNS letsencrypt name and had to create a new one. NBD, very helpful forum.

Latest beta on ax92u. Having strange DNS errors, ping spikes and slow video streaming at times. Noticable on all devices however most prevalent on my roku devices.

Curious if anyone else is seeing similar concerns?

Im going to try one more reset and set everything back up (a pain in the butt to get all the settings manually input everytime).

Just thought about it today and did it! Now how to send more than 1gbps from node to laptop? Because now the 2.5gbps port is in in use as the backhaul.

Yeah I was thinking about that... If that's the only option I will try it, so the switch will between the 2 routers right? Then 1 ethernet to 2.5gb port on both Ax11000 and into switch and from switch i will use 1 2.5gb port to send to my laptop right?

Yea... nope. :( I just tested with a AX11000 and XT8 on the latest betas, aimesh doesn't connect through a switch (at least with my combo). One more bug to report.

Yea... nope. :( I just tested with a AX11000 and XT8 on the latest betas, aimesh doesn't connect through a switch (at least with my combo). One more bug to report.
I have an AX11000 and two XT8 nodes which connect via ethernet backhaul over Unifi switches without any problems. However previously I had a managed TP-Link switch which was problematic so it seems it is down to the type/make switch being used.
Pepsi for me please ;-)

AiMesh does not like managed switches.

Seems that AiMesh make use of LLDP to discover each other and most smart switch will also make use of the protocol for various purposes (by design). So unless the switch can passthrough LLDP from one port to another (which they shouldn't do by default) AiMesh will probably not work across most smart switches.......

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!