What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have just noticed that config for DHCP option 60 and 61 have been added to WAN config, not sure what version that was added, missed it in the change logs - thanks that will be good for customers that use ISPs that require this like Sky in the UK. No need to use nvram command any more
DHCP Option
Client-identifier (option 61):
Class-identifier (option 60):

After more coffee I see
It's the "Automatic loop detection and blocking to ensure continuous network operation." it has that activate when I try to run aimesh.

So if the switch supports spanning tree it will block AiMesh?

Just to add another working managed switch with AiMesh. Netgear GS716Tv2
Currently running four Asus units all running 9.0.0.4.386.41994.

AX92U - AiMesh router wan connected to ONT using PPPoE. One lan connected to GS716T
XT-8 - One AiMesh node using wireless backhaul.
XT-8 - Two AiMesh nodes using ethernet backhaul connected to GS716T

I tried a Qnap QSW-1105-5T unmanaged 2.5Gbps switch. Looked like a good match for the AX11000 aimesh on paper. :(
...and it didn't work? This is the exact switch I was planning on buying and running with an Ax86U or GT-AX11000 and XT8 nodes, Aimesh doesn't work through it?

Hello. I would like to have the firmware for Lyra Mini as well.
I was wondering, why is it not included among others in first post?
Thank you

I've been following this thread since July. Not willing to beta test as my setup of Asus Router/AP has been working well. I did test Aimesh 1.0. I know some of the beta releases have been released as GA.

So when is Aimesh 2.0 officially going to be GA? Is there a goal? It's been 6-7 months already.

So when is Aimesh 2.0 officially going to be GA? Is there a goal? It's been 6-7 months already.
It already is for many models

No it doesn't work. That switch activates loop protection and blocks all traffic.
Wow... That's was the model I was about to purchase... How do I know if a switch have that feature? Now I'm looking at the Zyxel XGS1210-12 webmanaged...

I'm using a TP-Link SG105E, with loop protection enabled. And AiMesh works.
2 ASUS XT8 on 41994 firmware.

Now, either the switch isn't actually using it or it doesn't catch it, or..all is working correctly.

That's frustrating, is Asus working on a workaround for this? I assume many switches have loop protection built in

I think there is some confusion here. Loop protection, called Spanning Tree, was invented 40 something years ago and it still serves the original role: to detect and block loops in the network. I fail to see how that would be the reason, but it's a theoretical possibility.
It does look like Asus uses LLDP to detect the node. An unmanaged switch highly unlikely to run LLDP. An managed switch very likely.
Unless Asus shares any information, we can speculate and test theory.
If someone has a managed switch with option to disable LLDP on the switch, that would be great!
Another test worth doing is to enable guest on node and check if ethernet frames are coming with a dot1q tag (vlan). That would require an ethernet sniffer or a switch with span capabilities.
I would love to test this, but lots of my gadgets are in the office and I won't get back anytime soon. And a sniffer is not cheap

Reactions: s0x
I have a T2500G-10MPS managed switch. RT-AX86U router and RT-AC86U as a node. LLDP disabled.
No problem with Aimesh 2.0.

Huh. So the Qnap switch is a no-go but we have no idea why - if it's not loopback protection and it's not LLDP, perhaps the switch just has a controller that doesn't play well with Asus? Seems unlikely, I might still pick one up to test with and an AX86U (or 89x or gt-11000, long as it's got a 2.5G + port) since the XT8 kit can't be run 2.5G to 2.5G ports.

Also, after some reading, D-Link's upcoming switch and USB 2.5GBE adapter look *sweet* - DMS-106XT and DUB-E250. Maybe a little early to be adopting multi-gig :D

Huh. So the Qnap switch is a no-go but we have no idea why - if it's not loopback protection and it's not LLDP, perhaps the switch just has a controller that doesn't play well with Asus? Seems unlikely, I might still pick one up to test with and an AX86U (or 89x or gt-11000, long as it's got a 2.5G + port) since the XT8 kit can't be run 2.5G to 2.5G ports.

Qnap support is considering letting me disable it via CLI.
It would be very nice of you to doublecheck the Qnap switch problem :)

just curious what's going on with this beta. is it finished?

just curious what's going on with this beta. is it finished?

The current released firmware is beta... it can't be finished.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!