What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any idea when RT-AC68U is going back to release from the latest beta? I see some retailers have stopped selling.

There are sometimes months in between official firmware releases, the beta has only been out since late Jan/early Feb.

AC86U Current Version : 9.0.0.4.386_41994-g769f84f
IPV6 - 6RD - DHCP Option Disable
IPv6 Prefix of 2602:: results in error message "2602:: is not a valid IP address!"

I have used these settings for 6RD on Centurylink before. Bug in this firmware?

Bug in this firmware
Yes, the webui validation rejects IPs that ends with two ::.

As a temporary workaround try adding a 0 at the end.

A network I try to manage recently had two Netgear GS724T managed switches installed. Naturally, the AiMesh nodes that were connected to the Ethernet cables (switches placed in between the router and nodes) switched to WIFI backhaul and have lousy connection speed due to distance.
Anyone know if I can dumb down the managed switches to allow the mesh nodes to connect? Or will we have to replace them with unmanaged switches?
Thanks. bb

A network I try to manage recently had two Netgear GS724T managed switches installed. Naturally, the AiMesh nodes that were connected to the Ethernet cables (switches placed in between the router and nodes) switched to WIFI backhaul and have lousy connection speed due to distance.
Anyone know if I can dumb down the managed switches to allow the mesh nodes to connect? Or will we have to replace them with unmanaged switches?
Thanks. bb
Ditto. My XT8s are connected with 2 MS510TXPP in between for 10GB wired backhaul. Would appreciate settings to allow AiMesh2.0......

Qnap support is considering letting me disable it via CLI.
It would be very nice of you to doublecheck the Qnap switch problem :)
One last update on my QNAP QSW-1105-5T, with or without its "loop protection" Aimesh doesn't work.

Thanks. bb
One possible solution for these Netgear switches is to set them to default and they will work as an unmanaged switch. Will have to get someone in the warehouse to find the reset button as there is a password set and nobody remembers what they used.

Thanks. bb
This to confirm that I was able to get mesh to work through these Netgear managed switches. Did reset the switches to default and left them there.

Also was able to set the nodes to a Manually Assigned IP address in LAN/DHCP Server/Manually Assigned IP. Just make sure you use the right MAC Address of the node.

Any idea when RT-AC68U is going back to release from the latest beta? I see some retailers have stopped selling.
My guess is they stopped selling the AC68U because the AX68U is now available.

Doubt it has anything to do with firmware releases.

Apple is for people that are happy to live in a controlled environment, Android is for people who like a bit of that control themselves.
Oh dear. Please, please refrain from the tiresome and puerile Apple vs Android officiousness—this isn’t a gaming forum!

There are plenty of Apple and Android enthusiasts alike on here. And we’re very fortunate to have these services provided to us at no charge—where we have a prodigious group of smart folks willing to offer us guidance on customizing our networks, without ever accusing anyone of asking a dumb question!

Surely there is plenty of “control” at your fingertips via this OpenWRT resource, and the administrators work very hard to take input from us on these amazing betas—it’s like the “Harold and the Purple Crayon” of networking forums.

So please do keep an eye on gratitude and civility here, because some Apple user just might offer you a great tip sometime! ☺️

Waiting for next beta. 41994 was promising.
Yikes! You do know that this helpful forum and its associated beta releases are offered with no fees, complimentary of your fellow peers and the generous time of Mr. Merlin here? Manners, please!

Aimesh with Lyra 2200 units getting ability to lock the clients to a specific node with this release? I noticed that mostof the aimesh 2.0 features are not enabled for Lyra units.

Yikes! You do know that this helpful forum and its associated beta releases are offered with no fees, complimentary of your fellow peers and the generous time of Mr. Merlin here? Manners, please!
What has Merlin got to do with Beta here? Not even once I am begging Merlin to provide me official Asus Beta firmware. Merlin firmware is a different section all-together. (No disrespect to Merlin by the way. He is also mod and does great job)
My original comment was out of excitement and nothing to do with this forum being free, complimentary bla bla. It was also a simple attempt to bring discussion to beta topic as it had gone offtopic.

Do you call people waiting or excited for updates mannerless?

Oh dear. Please, please refrain from the tiresome and puerile Apple vs Android officiousness—this isn’t a gaming forum!

There are plenty of Apple and Android enthusiasts alike on here. And we’re very fortunate to have these services provided to us at no charge—where we have a prodigious group of smart folks willing to offer us guidance on customizing our networks, without ever accusing anyone of asking a dumb question!

Surely there is plenty of “control” at your fingertips via this OpenWRT resource, and the administrators work very hard to take input from us on these amazing betas—it’s like the “Harold and the Purple Crayon” of networking forums.

So please do keep an eye on gratitude and civility here, because some Apple user just might offer you a great tip sometime! ☺️
You seem pretty good at slating people's opinions. 2 posts in a few hours both doing nothing more than that! Why don't you try and follow your own moral codes and be more constructive!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!