What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.264.22 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Per IP accounting is now working for me - it was indeed me being stupid sorry!

I have a number of IPtables rules that I want high up the FORWARD chain and I was Inserting these at the beginning.

I have modified my scripts so I now place them below the newly added accounting rule and all is good!

Thanks again for your great work Merlin.

At AC66u and Android Problems, post 4, are instructions that state
Go to LAN -> Switch Control, and set GRO to be disabled.
I can find no such option. I am using the router in Wireless Router mode.

It is disabled by default on Merlin builds.

Also, in RT-AC66U in an enclosed cupboard - is heat build-up problem?, post 4, I ask about a possible bug in temperature reporting.

I should think so. In any enclosed space without ventilation, these units will get warm as they can throw out a fair amount of heat.

First up, this Custom Firmware works great and I really appreciate the OpenVPN Part of it. My only question is if you can make the "Custom Configuration" field in the OpenVPN Client Section bigger? I want to make a quite detailed Configuration but that textfield can fit only a portion of it.

Thanx!

Sorry if I missed this info in another thread, but is 3.0.0.4.264.22 now using the wireless driver from the ASUS 3.0.0.4.260 firmware, or is it continuing to use the older ASUS wireless driver from 3.0.0.4.220?

(Note this is for a RT-N66U router, and I only care due to reported reliability issues with the most recent wireless driver.)

Last edited:
RMerlin, is there a bug in the temperature reporting as I have outlined in RT-AC66U in an enclosed cupboard - is heat build-up problem?, post 4?

Bagman, I cannot even find the GRO option, so it hasn't just defaulted to off, it doesn't seem to be there at all (or it is off and the ability to turn it on has been taken out).

Not sure about a heat "bug" but it has been comented that the page is no longer supported by asus. I believe it was there when the pre-release models were going to use fans for coling so there would have been more variation. The production models use a large passive heat sink so the temperature does seem to be pretty constant - your temeratures do not look much different to mine.

The GRO option was removed quite a few builds ago and is off by default in Merlin Builds (as it caused nothing but issues) it is in the readme file somwhere iirc.

Bagman, I cannot even find the GRO option, so it hasn't just defaulted to off, it doesn't seem to be there at all (or it is off and the ability to turn it on has been taken out).

Yes, it's off, with no option to turn it back on. I asked this question myself a few days back. It appears there are certain circumstances where GRO will crash the router, and can give problems with certain devices, which is why Asus gives the option to disable it, and Merlin disables it and has no option to enable it.

I presume that if Asus get that feature stable, then Merlin will allow us to enable it again.

I have been checking the Merlin builds threads for a few days now and decided to give it a try.

Does the saved settings file work with Merlin builds or am I going to have to reconfigure the router?, yes I'm that lazy

Thanks Bagman.

Thanks. Garypower
. While I do have questions about heat in the in RT-AC66U in an enclosed cupboard - is heat build-up problem?, post 4, the question I highlight in this thread is about the temperatures that are being reported and the fact that they do not change in real time. I have to refresh the page to get an updated temperature and if I have two (or more) copies of the temperature (values or graphs) page open, each may report a different, "current" temperature.

Its being a now-unsupported-by-Asus feature would, of course, explain things. It is still useful to have, even if it's not updated in real-time. It is just useful to know.

Sorry if I have phrased it badly or confused matters by reporting the details in the other thread. I didn't want to deal with my heat questions in this thread and I posted the details of the possible temperature-reporting bug in the in RT-AC66U in an enclosed cupboard - is heat build-up problem?, post 4 simply because I had already started it. I'll try to be more careful in future.

pacho, when I updated from 220 I did not have to make any settings changes.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't clear on the question. I know after flashing the settings remain but what I like to do is, do a hard restore and then upload my settings again from a saved file.

Hey guys,

I might need a few days before sorting out the questions/feedback on build 264.22. I got completely knocked out by the flu this weekend, so give me a few days to come back to the land of the living, and catch up with things.

i'm lazy the save / restore settings works in Merlin builds , at leasst i've been using it with no problems

I have this 'System time change detected' messages in System log:

timell.jpg

Is this normal?

- lfbb

First up, this Custom Firmware works great and I really appreciate the OpenVPN Part of it. My only question is if you can make the "Custom Configuration" field in the OpenVPN Client Section bigger? I want to make a quite detailed Configuration but that textfield can fit only a portion of it.

You mean the maximum amount of text you can enter, or the size of the field itself?

I have been checking the Merlin builds threads for a few days now and decided to give it a try.

Does the saved settings file work with Merlin builds or am I going to have to reconfigure the router?, yes I'm that lazy

If upgrading from a fairly recent version of the original firmware, then there is no need to even reset your settings - they will be preserved.

If however you have an RT-N66U and are coming from a version older than 220, then you will have to reset and reconfigure everything, due to the NVRAM size change. You cannot restore saved settings in that case either.

Hi Merlin!

I have ticked to turn on the detailed traffic monitoring and ticked to create the new files and they seem to have been created.

The TCP / UDP connections seem to be correct but the traffic is not logging properly - screenshot was taken while approx 1000KB/s was being transfered in each direction on 2 boxes from / to the internet?

I alo am having a couple of machines now reporting with the wrong name, this has not happened before!

The Server listed in the screenshot as "GARY" now appears on the network map as "another device" - it has not done this before. Its actual name is "MUSIC" and is in a domain "gary.local" which may be where the incorrect name is coming from?

Scaling seems to be broken on the realtime monitoring page. Just tested it, seemed off by a factor of 1K.

Device naming is first taken from the Netbios pulled name as reported by the Networkmap service. After building a list with these, I apply any custom name you might have added to your DHCP reservation page on top of these.

So unless assigning static leases with a manually entered name on the DHCP page (something I strongly recommend if you want accurate over time history details), naming will always rename only as reliable as what Networkmap can determine from its Netbios poll.

The realtime monitoring issue seems to be more complicated than just the scale. In my tests earlier tonight it didn't seem to work, and suddenly without having changed anything it started working properly, showing the 30 Mbits download I was running. Gotta love random issues, that one will probably take me some time to track down.

You mean the maximum amount of text you can enter, or the size of the field itself?

Thanks for replying, I hope you are better.

And on the topic:
I mean the amount of text I can enter, the visual size is good as it is.
The Background:
I'm trying to separate netflix and hulu traffic that should go through my vpn from the 'normal' traffic that should go through my local ISP. At the moment I have to juggle around which adresses are used most and sometimes I get the warning that netflix isn't locally available when it wants to get content from a range that I couldn't enter.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!