What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely you have per IP statistics enabled...

Or haven't rebooted since disabling it or qos. To get that enabled, I believe that you have to reboot after disabling qos or turning off per-IP statistics.

The Download Master upgrade issue has been fixed on the master repo. Turns out a busybox bugfix for awk actually broke the apps_upgrade Optware script.

There is still a date, time, time zone issue. Router has gotten the time from the NTP server and adjusted for my time zone (+11). if you go into parental controls and adjust the restriction times the time displayed on the screen is the correct local time - all good so far.
If you open a shell on the router (RT-N66U) and execute the CMD 'date' the router reports back the system time however it thinks it is GMT not +11
example
Time in Sydney 21:00 (Local time DST) = time GMT = 10:00
time displayed in Parental controls 21:00
time displayed when date executed 'Wed Feb 6 21:00:00 GMT 2013'
If I set my system local time to +11 (Sydney day light saving)
the date command should report 'Wed Feb 6 10:00:00 GMT 2013'

Hi Merlin, would it be possible for you to add MTU settings in the WAN settings page?

It is currently only an option if you select PPPoE, and would be useful for all the other settings too!

Many thanks.

"broken pipe" in syslog of Beta 3

Coming home and taking a look into the syslog I found it flooded with following entries:

Feb 6 17:43:02 miniupnpd[1917]: send(res_buf): Broken pipe
Feb 6 17:43:02 miniupnpd[1917]: send(res_buf): Broken pipe
[...] until now...
Feb 6 17:43:10 miniupnpd[1917]: send(res_buf): Broken pipe

No other entries found...

Any explanation?

Ciao
Gerald

Coming home and taking a look into the syslog I found it flooded with following entries:

Odd. At a first glance, it seems as if you had a UPNP device that forwarded ports, and then that device disappeared without first removing ports, and there was still traffic coming on it?

No real idea, to be honest. That error message is far too vague to be of any use I'm afraid. It's possible it's just an harmless warning.

After rebooting the router the syslog behaves normally again... I'll observe it further on to see if the entries reappear again.

Hello and thanks for this firmware, up and running since yesterday without any notable issues.

Question to RMerlin

I am running a high speed 4G/LTE connection and do you have any clues howto solve the "20 Mbits barrier" because of missing ndis-drivers for Huawei E398/392 ?

Thread from Olegs ASUS wl500 firmware:
http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/issues/detail?id=359

Now I am using a Dovado Tiny router in bridge mode (also linux firmware but a hidden syslog :( ) and then my ASUS Dark Knight as router.

It would e really nice if it was possible for the Dark Knight to handle this alone.

Thanks !

Hello and thanks for this firmware, up and running since yesterday without any notable issues.

Question to RMerlin

I am running a high speed 4G/LTE connection and do you have any clues howto solve the "20 Mbits barrier" because of missing ndis-drivers for Huawei E398/392 ?

Thread from Olegs ASUS wl500 firmware:
http://code.google.com/p/wl500g/issues/detail?id=359

Now I am using a Dovado Tiny router in bridge mode (also linux firmware but a hidden syslog :( ) and then my ASUS Dark Knight as router.

It would e really nice if it was possible for the Dark Knight to handle this alone.

Thanks !

No idea, I never played with 3G/4G devices, sorry.

I can tell you however that Asuswrt does support RNDIS devices, so if you have a way to put your modem into RNDIS mode, that might solve your problem. RNDIS support was officially added by Asus with build 270.

Thanks for your reply ... of course I did twice the complete reboot of the network: router, NAS, PC, iMac, BlueRay and the problem was still there.
When I performed the downgrade everything went right again.

Hi All, sorry to come back to the point again.
I've just updated to BETA3 and again I have the problem that I can't connect to the drive I've mapped onto the PC and on the DVD.
I rebooted the whole network again (router, NAS, DVD, cameras, smartphones ...) and had no difference.

Reverted to the 3.0.0.4.266.23b and the problem disappeared.

Any comment ?
Thanks and regards

Luca

Hi All, sorry to come back to the point again.
I've just updated to BETA3 and again I have the problem that I can't connect to the drive I've mapped onto the PC and on the DVD.
I rebooted the whole network again (router, NAS, DVD, cameras, smartphones ...) and had no difference.

Reverted to the 3.0.0.4.266.23b and the problem disappeared.

Any comment ?
Thanks and regards

Luca

I can't think of any logical explanation as to why a router would have any influence on connecting a NAS network share onto a PC, sorry. For that type of usage, the router is nothing more than a plain switch.

There is still a date, time, time zone issue. Router has gotten the time from the NTP server and adjusted for my time zone (+11). if you go into parental controls and adjust the restriction times the time displayed on the screen is the correct local time - all good so far.
If you open a shell on the router (RT-N66U) and execute the CMD 'date' the router reports back the system time however it thinks it is GMT not +11
example
Time in Sydney 21:00 (Local time DST) = time GMT = 10:00
time displayed in Parental controls 21:00
time displayed when date executed 'Wed Feb 6 21:00:00 GMT 2013'
If I set my system local time to +11 (Sydney day light saving)
the date command should report 'Wed Feb 6 10:00:00 GMT 2013'

This is probably just a visual issue related to the shell environment. The router doesn't have a full Linux environment, but a very stripped down one. The important thing is that everything has the correct time - which it does. If you look at the datestamps in syslog, they will all show your correct local time. Crond also works properly.

I can't think of any logical explanation as to why a router would have any influence on connecting a NAS network share onto a PC, sorry. For that type of usage, the router is nothing more than a plain switch.

Understood and agreed, but it's a matter of fact that with the old fw it's working fine ...
I have no idea about the cause, but I think this is an issue that should be investigated

Hi All Hi RMerlin

I turn QS on, then turn HW acceleration off, i reboot and HW acceleration off ??

This ist not OK

Hi All Hi RMerlin

I turn QS on, then turn HW acceleration off, i reboot and HW acceleration off ??

This ist not OK

I don't see what you mean. Of course HW acceleration will be off if you enable QoS since the two are not compatible.

Understood and agreed, but it's a matter of fact that with the old fw it's working fine ...
I have no idea about the cause, but I think this is an issue that should be investigated

I use network share between my desktop, my laptop and my HTPC on a daily basis without any problem. I haven't had any other report of that problem either, so there isn't much else that I can investigate - all my tests come up as negative here. Without any further information, I have to conclude that something must be configured differently on your environment.

- Are you able to ping the server?
- Are you accessing the server through its name or its IP? Try both.
- If you configure a share open to everyone, is it accessible?
- What is the actual error message that you get? Which steps are you taking to reproduce the problem?
- Do you have any special firewall rules on the router? Any special script modifying either the iptables or ebtables?
- Is the issue still there when accessing from a wired computer to the wired NAS?

Noticed that names with spaces do not display completely in the Network Map:

In DHCP reservation I name it: "Ipad Chris"
In the Network Map it is displayed as "Ipad"

Fixed. Instead of trimming trailing spaces, it would trim anything beyond the first space it found.

Firmware working fantastic so far,

Q for ya, why is there a 32 device limit for this?
Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list(list limit:32)

Sadly I have too many devices, was trying to name em all so I can manage them better.

Firmware working fantastic so far,

Q for ya, why is there a 32 device limit for this?
Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list(list limit:32)

Sadly I have too many devices, was trying to name em all so I can manage them better.

You would have to ask Asus, they designed the firmware with that limit.

I might take a look at this at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!