What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed that for you. ;) Been using a little too much SVN, have we? :p

I worked with SVN for two years before that as I was involved on WDLXTV, sorry :) This project is my first contact with Git, and there are still plenty of things I am not too familiar with yet. Google gets a lot of questions from me on how to handle reverts and such things.

9.1 Can the NTFS for Linux driver handle hard links and symlinks?
Hard links and symlinks will be copied as a full file with its body, losing link information. Use the cpntfs utility to copy hard links saving their link information.

source:https://www.paragon-software.com/business/ntfs-linux-embedded/faq.html#55

http://forums.seagate.com/t5/GoFlex...ymbolic-links-on-NTFS-drive-solved/m-p/146327

that's about the extend of my (google based) knowledge there ;)

You need to be able to create symlinks for Optware to work.

Yeah, unfortunately git isn't the most friendly VCS there is. But it gets the job done, and sites like GitHub make it hard to recommend anything else.

Yeah, unfortunately git isn't the most friendly VCS there is. But it gets the job done, and sites like GitHub make it hard to recommend anything else.

I like SVN's simplicity, however its performance was atrocious.

With Git, you mostly need a solid cheat sheet at hand. I should do that, would save me a fair amount of Googling.

I'm currently uploading 3.0.0.4.270.24-Beta3 to Mediafire. This should be the last beta fo this series, as it adds the last piece that was scheduled for this release - the merge with build 270.

Asus has used newer builds of the drivers in this release, so I decided to go ahead and integrate them. I cannot confirm it as I never had the problem myself, but I hope these new builds will take care of the stability issues introduced with build 246. So far at least one user reports having better stability with 270 than with the 260 driver.

Note that this is NOT the new driver version that Asus is currently developing - only a rebuild of the old one, with possibly some minor changes/fixes to it.

I will need folks to confirm that there is no new regression over the previous betas, so I can make this the final release of this long series of betas.

One change Asus hasn't mentioned in their changelog about 270 seems to be related to how they handle syncing the clock over NTP. If you were having issues in the past with ntp not working properly, I'd be interested to hear your results with this new version.

Otherwise, this build should hopefully resolve the last major issues related to IE and the Traffic Monitor or Sysinfo page.

I'm currently uploading 3.0.0.4.270.24-Beta3 to Mediafire. This should be the last beta fo this series, as it adds the last piece that was scheduled for this release - the merge with build 270.

Asus has used newer builds of the drivers in this release, so I decided to go ahead and integrate them. I cannot confirm it as I never had the problem myself, but I hope these new builds will take care of the stability issues introduced with build 246. So far at least one user reports having better stability with 270 than with the 260 driver.

Note that this is NOT the new driver version that Asus is currently developing - only a rebuild of the old one, with possibly some minor changes/fixes to it.

I will need folks to confirm that there is no new regression over the previous betas, so I can make this the final release of this long series of betas.

One change Asus hasn't mentioned in their changelog about 270 seems to be related to how they handle syncing the clock over NTP. If you were having issues in the past with ntp not working properly, I'd be interested to hear your results with this new version.

Otherwise, this build should hopefully resolve the last major issues related to IE and the Traffic Monitor or Sysinfo page.

Hello,

I updated to Beta 3

I get the following messages (I have always got this message, not new to Beta 3)
Feb 4 20:47:19 crond[622]: time disparity of 1103146 minutes detected

The date and time look correct, but 1103146 minutes is about 2 years.

My selective routing script seems more stable. I was having issues where the vpn client would apply to all clients, not just the ones I set up in the script. I would have to reboot several times and hit the reset button on my DSL modem to eventually get it to selectively route (which is why I don't yet feel confident to make a how-to, if I don't really know what I am doing yet). After the update, and a few reboots, it worked each time.

My 5 GHz channel seems more stable. The power was dropping off before and I would have to change a setting (any setting) on the router and save before it would go back to full power.

I tried UPnP test, and I get the following results:
TEST 1 - Operating System Support - PASSED
TEST 2 - SSDP Service Running Check - FAILED
TEST 3 - SSDP Service Automatic Check - FAILED
TEST 4 - UPnPHost Service Running Check - FAILED
TEST 5 - UPnPHost Service Automatic Check - FAILED
TEST 6 - UPnP Framework Firewall Exception Check - PASSED
TEST 7 - Adapter #0 - 192.168.1.100 - PASSED
TEST 8 - Get External IP Address (Result: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) - PASSED

UPnP Test Program v1.16 Copyright Mark Gillespie 2010
Bugs/Comments to: mark.gillespie@gmail.com

I am running Windows 7 x64. Not sure if this helps at all.

Thank you again for your hard work!

Hello,

I updated to Beta 3

I get the following messages (I have always got this message, not new to Beta 3)
Feb 4 20:47:19 crond[622]: time disparity of 1103146 minutes detected

The date and time look correct, but 1103146 minutes is about 2 years.

This is normal. That's because crond was first started before your clock was set over ntp. crond just discovered that the clock had been set forward from December 2011 to February 2013, and is letting you know of the huge time jump.

My selective routing script seems more stable. I was having issues where the vpn client would apply to all clients, not just the ones I set up in the script. I would have to reboot several times and hit the reset button on my DSL modem to eventually get it to selectively route (which is why I don't yet feel confident to make a how-to, if I don't really know what I am doing yet). After the update, and a few reboots, it worked each time.

Odd. I didn't change anything related to netfilter, and I don't think Asus has done any change either in 270. Could have been a timing issue perhaps, or some other change they did that I missed.

My 5 GHz channel seems more stable. The power was dropping off before and I would have to change a setting (any setting) on the router and save before it would go back to full power.

Good. So far two users reported positive results with the build 270 wireless drivers. Looks like Asus might have fixed the regression that was introduced in 246.

I did some basic throughput tests here (on my AC66U, also 5 GHz channel), and the transfer rate seemed slightly better when running lanbench.

I tried UPnP test, and I get the following results:
TEST 1 - Operating System Support - PASSED
TEST 2 - SSDP Service Running Check - FAILED
TEST 3 - SSDP Service Automatic Check - FAILED
TEST 4 - UPnPHost Service Running Check - FAILED
TEST 5 - UPnPHost Service Automatic Check - FAILED
TEST 6 - UPnP Framework Firewall Exception Check - PASSED
TEST 7 - Adapter #0 - 192.168.1.100 - PASSED
TEST 8 - Get External IP Address (Result: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) - PASSED

UPnP Test Program v1.16 Copyright Mark Gillespie 2010
Bugs/Comments to: mark.gillespie@gmail.com

I assume most of those other tests are related to the host OS and not the router in the network tho.

Thanks for your feedback!

Beta 3 looking good. Again, IPv6 and Network Extender are fine, no odd messages in log, things seem stable. Did check, and the problem with IE 10 and listing the ethernet ports in the GUI is fixed.

Have to give it more time *smile*, but looking good so far.

So far signal is stronger in the 2.4ghz...About the same on the 5ghz...thx for the update

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

/jffs partition lost in Beta2 - not in Beta3

Hi,

A small observation:
When I installed the Beta 2 firmware over .23b I lost the /jffs partition. Enabling the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" option brought it back and I could store my user scripts again.

Now I updated to Beta 3 and the /jffs partition was preserved.

Is this specific to me or did it happen in general? :rolleyes:
If in general, it might be good to reference it in the change log...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0

RT-N66U- Firmware:3.0.0.4.270.24 (Merlin build) Beta 3
What means these messages from the log (just a sample: there is a lot more) ?

Thanks,

GH

Feb 5 09:10:26 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:10:31 kernel: printk: 54 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:31 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:10:36 kernel: printk: 203 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:36 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:10:41 kernel: printk: 60 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:41 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2
Feb 5 09:10:46 kernel: printk: 251 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:46 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:10:51 kernel: printk: 105 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:51 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:10:56 kernel: printk: 198 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:10:56 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth1
Feb 5 09:11:01 kernel: printk: 63 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:01 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:06 kernel: printk: 228 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:06 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:11 kernel: printk: 89 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:11 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:16 kernel: printk: 218 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:16 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:21 kernel: printk: 50 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:21 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:26 kernel: printk: 188 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:26 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2
Feb 5 09:11:32 kernel: printk: 49 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:32 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:36 kernel: printk: 179 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:36 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2

Hi,

A small observation:
When I installed the Beta 2 firmware over .23b I lost the /jffs partition. Enabling the "Format JFFS partition at next boot" option brought it back and I could store my user scripts again.

Now I updated to Beta 3 and the /jffs partition was preserved.

Is this specific to me or did it happen in general? :rolleyes:
If in general, it might be good to reference it in the change log...

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Already documented in the README in the JFFS section - the jffs partition is never guaranteed to survive reboots. If the new firmware is larger, it will overwrite part of it - if that part happens to contain filesystem data, then the filesystem will be lost.

I intend to eventually add an additional notice on the Firmware upgrade page, just haven't gotten around to do it yet.

Feb 5 09:11:32 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Feb 5 09:11:36 kernel: printk: 179 messages suppressed.
Feb 5 09:11:36 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth2

This has already been posted many times on the forums over the months. This is a bug with the PPTP VPN broadcast support, disable Samba/Broadcast support under PPTP to get rid of them.

This has already been posted many times on the forums over the months. This is a bug with the PPTP VPN broadcast support, disable Samba/Broadcast support under PPTP to get rid of them.
Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by Shrmn
Hi Merlin!
Just installed R12 and it's working like a charm! Except this:
These are getting spammed in my log like it did while I was on Asus' .151 build:
Am I right to say it is the PPTP VPN server that is causing this? I have no VPN clients connected but the server is enabled.

RMerlin
If I remember correctly, these are caused by enabling broadcast support on the VPN server. Try disabling that.

Hi Merlin,
i have installed your actual FW for my RT-N66U(RT-N66U_3.0.0.3_178.16_Beta2).
Now my systemlog ist floodet with this massage

Sep 10 19:28:10 kernel: printk: 3 messages suppressed.
Sep 10 19:28:10 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0
Sep 10 19:28:19 kernel: printk: 7 messages suppressed.
Sep 10 19:28:19 kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0

RMerlin
Disable broadcast support on both PPTP VPN pages. Long-standing known issue.

Thanks. Please see the attached file. Just to make sure, are we talking about the hi-lighted field ? Was there any adverse effect to this situation ? If I disable it, same question, is there an adverse effect (just to better understand).

Thanks,

GH

Attachments

• BroadcastN66U.JPG
    BroadcastN66U.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 476

Beta 3 safely installed. I don't pretend to be savvy enough to give useful feedback, but I have a question regarding the Sysinfo display under the tools menu, where it describes the ethernet port status. Everything looks fine, as I see my primary router on the WAN port and I see my secondary PC on LAN port 3 and both are on 1000 Full Duplex. But the secondary PC is behind a switch, which also connects to a slingbox (and I hope to a router set up as an access point). How does the firmware determine which of the switched clients to display?

Beta 3 safely installed. I don't pretend to be savvy enough to give useful feedback, but I have a question regarding the Sysinfo display under the tools menu, where it describes the ethernet port status. Everything looks fine, as I see my primary router on the WAN port and I see my secondary PC on LAN port 3 and both are on 1000 Full Duplex. But the secondary PC is behind a switch, which also connects to a slingbox (and I hope to a router set up as an access point). How does the firmware determine which of the switched clients to display?

I'm not 100% sure since that information is returned by the driver, but from my understanding it will report the last MAC address it saw. So if you have two PCs on that switch, the last one that talked to the router will probably come up.

For those wondering, the MAC address on the WAN side will be your ISP's router. Since the modem is (usually) in bridged mode, the router does not see its MAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!