What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All apple products de-associate themselves from the router when they are on standby to conserve battery. If that's what you are referring to being disconnected, it's normal.

Thanks for the info, but I'm fully aware of this behavior. I do not need to check the router to know that Safari has an error screen telling me that there is no connection to a network while I am actually using the device to browse the internet.

If you read my posts, you will notice that it is all my wireless devices that are having trouble, including my Asus wireless bridge. My Libratone wireless speaker also keeps getting thrown off the network, and needs a power-cycle to restore connectivity.

This behavior has started with me installing Beta 3. This is the first time that I have experienced this with any of my network devices ever since owning the Asus router. I had to got back to 23b, which uses the same settings that I used with Beta 3, so that can be ruled out.

Hope this info helps.

I have somehow problems with the logfiles in this build.
The router log is showing:
Feb 10 01:18:45 cstats[960]: Problem loading /tmp/mnt/sda1/Asus/Log/tomato_cstats_3085a9e62158.gz. Still trying...
Have activated custom location for router log, and Enable advanced (per IP) monitoring "activated".

I have somehow problems with the logfiles in this build.
The router log is showing:

Have activated custom location for router log, and Enable advanced (per IP) monitoring "activated".

Did you also select the option to create those databases, just underneath the option to change the location?

I'm currently uploading Beta 4 to Mediafire. This build includes the very latest version of miniupnpd (released two days ago) which will take care of various issues (a memory leak and the looped error message leading eventually to a crash - note that getting one error message is NOT a problem. The bug was it kept trying over and over.)

There were a few minor fixes as well.

This build still uses the build 270 wireless driver, as I need more feedback. It seems like there not one single wireless driver that works best for everyone... Build 220 had average performance across the board, 246/260 were giving issues to half of the users, and 270 fixed issues for some but create other issues for others. So at this point I still broader feedback on this build 270 driver. If you have issues, make sure it's not something with your configuration (especially if you notice that more than one of your devices is having issues). Try the usual: fixed channel, disabling Enhanced interference management, etc... Even if it worked before, it does not mean that the driver is broken. It could be that a certain feature that didn't work at all previously is now working properly, requiring you to adjust your configuration. If need be, make a backup of your settings, and try wiping + reconfiguring from scratch (without loading those saved settings).

so far it works well, transfer speeds good , connection strong .

No problems here with wireless connections with any of the betas.

Mix of iPhones, iPads, Atheros, Broadcom and Intel chipsets in laptops.

Thanks for uploading Beta4.

Did you also select the option to create those databases, just underneath the option to change the location?

Yes. I also deleted the old logfiles, and makes the checkbox to create a new one.
But the result was the same. See this error mesage in the log and when going to the traffic manager, only the general data is shown. Real time, daily and monthly for the whole network. When selecting to show this informtion per device, no information is shown.
Will install Beta4 and try it again.

Hi Merlin, is the error with the DNS resolution with openvpn eliminated in the beta 4?

Ok i test it and it works :D, great.

thx for this fix.

Last edited:
I'm currently uploading Beta 4 to Mediafire...
There were a few minor fixes as well.
Just to confirm that the small glitch about miss-reading the router name in the Admin/system page is well fixed. Thanks.

Yes. I also deleted the old logfiles, and makes the checkbox to create a new one.
But the result was the same. See this error mesage in the log and when going to the traffic manager, only the general data is shown. Real time, daily and monthly for the whole network. When selecting to show this informtion per device, no information is shown.
Will install Beta4 and try it again.

Make sure the data files were really created (you might need to reboot for that). If using ext2/ext3 then make sure the router has permission to write to that file. Also double-check the path (it can change if you are mounting under the device name, and you plug an additional USB disk to your router), and that the path ends with a trailing "/". Also, Linux filesystems are case-sensitive.

Full names (including spaces) are now properly displayed in clients list. Thanks!

Running for a day now, all stable with several PCs, phones of several brands and tablets. Cisco VPN client for 1 pc working fine. SoQ enabled.

1 question: I have a fixed channel 11 (after using inISSIDer) for a month now, but many times the router changed to channel 1.
Only after this last FW update to Beta 4 I switched off the router. With all other updates, I only did a re-boot.
Is it possible that a router changes to a different channel, nevertheless it is set as fixed, or is re-power required to force this?

Full names (including spaces) are now properly displayed in clients list. Thanks!

Running for a day now, all stable with several PCs, phones of several brands and tablets. Cisco VPN client for 1 pc working fine. SoQ enabled.

1 question: I have a fixed channel 11 (after using inISSIDer) for a month now, but many times the router changed to channel 1.
Only after this last FW update to Beta 4 I switched off the router. With all other updates, I only did a re-boot.
Is it possible that a router changes to a different channel, nevertheless it is set as fixed, or is re-power required to force this?

AFAIK it shouldn't. Keep in mind however that if you have bandwidth set to 40 MHz, it will use two different channels.

Hi,

i have a problem with "Traffic Monitor (Global)": "Last 24 Hours", not work :(
"Daily, Real Time and Monthly" works great!

Hi,

i have a problem with "Traffic Monitor (Global)": "Last 24 Hours", not work :(
"Daily, Real Time and Monthly" works great!

You mean it's not working at all, or it's not preserving the traffic data between reboots? The router will not normally save the 24 hour data, and you will lose it if you reboot or update the firmware. The router will start collecting the data again from scratch.

Assuming no real issues with Beta 4, is it likely to be the last beta and when would it be turned into final code for an upload?

Device names not showing and disconnected clients

In the clients status section of the network map not all device names are showing. Is this expected?

For example, iPhones do not show device name.

I have two squeezebox radios, only 1 shows a device name.

I tried turning off 1 at a time, with only 1 showing, it takes the device name, but when both connected to nework, only 1 shows the device name.

Also, the squeezebox radios are loosing network connection when they wake up.

This is new a behavior with beta3 and beta4.

You are supposed to be able to turn "off" and then turn on a squeezebox radio from the server. However, after a little while, 1 of the radios will loose connection, not be listed on the squeezebox server, and the network connection on the radio will be red, unable to connect. At which point 1 or both squeezebox radios needs to be power cycled in order to be able to re-acquire a network connection.

Assuming no real issues with Beta 4, is it likely to be the last beta and when would it be turned into final code for an upload?

Yes, but who knows for sure. That was also the plan with Beta 3 :) But yes, you can consider this as being a Release Candidate - there is no other planned changes. Just fixing any new issue that might arise from the miniupnpd upgrade to 1.8, and deciding which wireless driver to use in the final release.

Any additional change is being developed in parallel and will be destined to build 25 (like the NFS support that's coming).

In the clients status section of the network map not all device names are showing. Is this expected?

For example, iPhones do not show device name.

You mean not show at all, or show only as a MAC? The latter would be normal if either the device hasn't renewed its DHCP lease since the last router reboot, or the device doesn't specify any hostname.

Also, the squeezebox radios are loosing network connection when they wake up.

This is new a behavior with beta3 and beta4.

Try the usual suggestions for troubleshooting wireless issues: toggle Enhanced Interference Management or WMM APSD on the Professional page, use a static channel instead of Auto, etc...

I need to be 100% sure that any wireless-related issue isn't due to a configuration issue. Even if it worked properly with the previous driver, it could also mean that a feature that didn't work at all before is now working properly, and causing an issue requiring you to adjust your settings. For example, some people with Apple devices reported having plenty of issues with this driver, and meanwhile other users with the same devices are reporting more reliable performance.

Hello,

Is the string considered a unique host name or some kind of device name?

What I am suggesting is that two devices that have the same device name; only 1 gets their device name listed. The other only shows mac.

I have tried this, which ever 1 is off, it will get the device name. But when both are operational, only 1 shows the device name. The other just shows MAC address.

If I run a network scan using software from a mac, more devices show up with device names than in the network map of the router.

for example iphones show up with the scanner software but not in the network map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!