What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 5 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The channel issue with the SDK5 build is fixed - I was able to reproduce it, and test afterward.

Can you elaborate on your clock sync issue? I don't recall any specific issue with the initial sync itself - the issue had to do with the router not realizing the clock had been synced, which caused the warning to get displayed on some pages like the Wireless page. That issue has been fixed as noted in the changelog, along with a few other potential issues that might have prevented the radio schedule from working.

Just flashed the sdk5 version of beta 5 so far so good to fresh to tell. And yes the clock sync issue I noticed in beta 3 appears to be solved. Does the sdk5 beta5 have the HW accel and pppoe with it ? Or is those fixes only with the sdk6 driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm "stuck" on channel 6 too. It's blocked on channel 6. The web page report channel 13u

HW acceleration Enabled
Model: RT-AC66U

Details:
Infobulle_139.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6v7da88vcqjnvj/Infobulle_139.png

Cell 03 - Address:
Channel:6
Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
Quality=46/70 Signal level=-64 dBm
Encryption key:eek:n
ESSID:""
Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s
24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
Bit Rates:6 Mb/s; 9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 48 Mb/s
Mode:Master
Extra:tsf=
Extra: Last beacon: 196ms ago

nvram show | grep chanspe
wl_chanspec=13u
wl0_chanspec=13u
wl1_chanspec=48/80
size: 48783 bytes (16753 left)

Last edited:
Does the sdk5 beta5 have the HW accel and pppoe with it ? Or is those fixes only with the sdk6 driver.

No, PPPoE HW acceleration is only available under SDK 6 (or the infamous 5.110)

Ops, sorry ;) N66U

You only need to reset if you switched between the regular betas and the SDK5 betas. Otherwise, straight from B1 to B5 is fine as long you don't switch sdk.

[RT-N66U] AICloud issue

Beta 5 is running quite fine on my RT-N66U with the exception that I'm not any longer able to access my USB device using AICloud.

When using the AICloud app (Samsung tablet, HTC One) I'm connected with the router as usual, and I'm able to access the other devices in the LAN environment, but when trying to access the USB device I get the message: "Verbindungsaufbau nicht möglich" (establishment of connection not possible).

The attempts to access are recorded in the log of AICloud activities as should.

Edit: After disabling DLNA Media Server AiCloud Access to USB device works again...

Ciao
Gerald

Last edited:
kernel: ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver

Why USB 1.1 in AC66U ? :eek:

kernel: ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver

Why USB 1.1 in AC66U ? :eek:

If you keep looking, you will also see that ehci is also loaded in that same log.

Linux will need both to handle both 1.1 and 2.0 devices.

Channel 13 is only available in certain regions. Try setting it to 11 instead, see what happens.

It's new this restriction? I was on channel 13 since one year with your old builds

Last edited:
Where are you located? In the US I don't recall ever having access to ch 13 or 14 on any wifi router I've owned.

Switzerland

~% iw reg get
country 00:
(2402 - 2472 @ 40), (6, 20)
(2457 - 2482 @ 40), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
(2474 - 2494 @ 20), (6, 20), NO-OFDM, PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
(5170 - 5250 @ 40), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
(5735 - 5835 @ 40), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
(57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 0)

In europe we can use from channel 1->13 . Something was changed related to crda in this new build.

Last edited:
turn off DLNA until the bugs fixed m8. if you read the thread you would see a couple of us have this issue :)

I was having this problem also. Turn off DLNA and then reboot router. Then turn DLNA on and let it finish scan. AI cloud and DLNA all work perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It's new this restriction? I was on channel 13 since one year with your old builds

Nothing should have changed, just want to see if the issue is caused by the firmware incorrectly determining which channel you are allowed to use.

I'm still trying to look into the AiCloud crashes related to minidlna. The issue doesn't seem to happen with the original FW, so I'm trying to trace back what is causing it.

Phew. Nailed it. Asus forgot to update the GPL makefiles used for lighttpd (the web server used for AiCloud) - the new lightsql library was missing from it. Modifying the makefile to add this library resolved the interfacing with minidlna (and so, the crashing issues).

I'll make a new beta probably tomorrow with the fixed build. I will also update the AiCloud components for the RT-AC56U with those from the recently released RT-AC68U GPL to bring it in sync with the other routers.

I will also re-enable the minidlna code related to thumbnail artwork as there's a good chance that the two will properly work together now.

I was having this problem also. Turn off DLNA and then reboot router. Then turn DLNA on and let it finish scan. AI cloud and DLNA all work perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I will give it a go m8. Thanks.

*edit,

Didn't work.

Last edited:
Nothing should have changed, just want to see if the issue is caused by the firmware incorrectly determining which channel you are allowed to use.

I'm sorry Merlin, but the beta 3 and 5 have something wrong. You'll find it anyway ;)

I tried to change the channel from 13 to 11 on beta3&5 but the routeur was blocked on channel 6. I have done this test en beta3 and beta5. Going back to beta 1 solve this issue for me.

I let you double check this.

And yeah, thanks for your builds =)

I'm sorry Merlin, but the beta 3 and 5 have something wrong. You'll find it anyway ;)

I tried to change the channel from 13 to 11 on beta3&5 but the routeur was blocked on channel 6. I have done this test en beta3 and beta5. Going back to beta 1 solve this issue for me.

I let you double check this.

And yeah, thanks for your builds =)
Already fixed - see RMerlin post

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=84035&postcount=14

Download Beta5b SDK5

Regards,