What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This just happened to me while configuring the router. I did a factory reset before and after flashing the new firmware. I was entering the settings following the menu, from top to bottom. As soon as I disabled the Spanning Tree Protocol and hit Apply, the router reset and put me back on step 3 of the initial setup (Wireless configuration). It stayed connected to the Internet and it did not ask me to setup the admin password, but it resetted it to admin/admin. All of the settings were back to defaults.

The second time around, I did the Spanning Tree first and then configured everything else. This time it worked properly. I don't know if disabling the Spanning Tree after changing some settings had something to do with it.

Another thing that happened is that the router cloned my computer's MAC address at some point. I'm not sure if it happened after the reset, the upgrade, or the Spanning Tree incident.

BTW, thanks for taking your time to make this excellent firmware.

This happened consistently to me regardless of when I disable spanning tree protocol. Everything gets wiped and the connection is reset and I have to run QIS again.

I spoke too soon. Open VPN still not functioning correctly for me. I installed by set to defaults, clear nvram, reboot, install, set to defaults, clear nvram, reboot and then set my router up from scratch. It all works as expected except I lose my vpn and my ip is back at my isp location. I go into the router setup and the vpn client1 is OFF. I turn it ON again and click apply and connect to the VPN no problem. Why does the client 1 vpn shut off without going into the web base set up and turning it off. It just does it by itself. Why does it work no problem but then just turns itself off? This is a bug having to check your vpn all the time and finding you are not connected sometimes and the router has turned your client 1 OFF.

Regards

Hi Merlin , thanks your latest build... i have a issue with that aicloud .... i use it to listen music while i am at work... up until the moved to aicloud 2.0 streaming worked fine , but now i saw 2 issues:

1: in a folder (music album), the user selection is disregarded and the first song will always be played.
2. playback stops after 10 sec , the music player gets auto paused. when un-paused the song will continue for another 10 sec and also the volume setting is reset to default, although the volume bar remains at the level set by user

Are this issues known? Anyone does this issues can be reproduced on your routes?

i have N66U version

I have an AC66U and it does the same thing with Firefox or chrome. I use IE10 and it works perfect so its something with firefox and chrome and the way it interprets the aicloud functionality. Asus will have to investigate I imagine as the source is closed to Merlin from what I understand.

I have an AC66U and it does the same thing with Firefox or chrome. I use IE10 and it works perfect so its something with firefox and chrome and the way it interprets the aicloud functionality. Asus will have to investigate I imagine as the source is closed to Merlin from what I understand.

oh good i thought i made something wrong :D

i tried on IE10 , and yes the playback is continuous, it does not stops after 10 sec but it still play the 1st song in the folder. using FFWD button skips to the next song as expected but manual select still not working

guys.... no one have this problem ?

Most of AiCloud is either closed source, or obfuscated. This is outside of my control.

Hi RMerlin

Is there any way to run a Custom mode in Dual WAN where you can combine the throughput of two WAN inputs instead of Loan Balance/Failover? I had a dd-wrt script running for a long time on an older router where it was possible to do this (Google string for the thread is "dd-wrt Dual /Triple WAN HowTo") and would love to upgrade to this firmware if it were possible to implement this feature.

I understand that Asus has just started "officially" supporting dual wan and as such it may not be a staple support, but please let me know if you think this may be possible by tweaking the dd-wrt script in some way down the road. The Chinese dualwan firmware (Tomato fork) which is actually now a 4WAN firmware seems to support a Custom mode although I am not sure what the custom mode capabilities are.

Thanks in advance.

I spoke too soon. Open VPN still not functioning correctly for me. I installed by set to defaults, clear nvram, reboot, install, set to defaults, clear nvram, reboot and then set my router up from scratch. It all works as expected except I lose my vpn and my ip is back at my isp location. I go into the router setup and the vpn client1 is OFF. I turn it ON again and click apply and connect to the VPN no problem. Why does the client 1 vpn shut off without going into the web base set up and turning it off. It just does it by itself. Why does it work no problem but then just turns itself off? This is a bug having to check your vpn all the time and finding you are not connected sometimes and the router has turned your client 1 OFF.

You will have to check your configuration at both end of the tunnel. The router doesn't manage the connection, OpenVPN itself does. I know for a fact that the client works fine, there are people running 24/7 tunnels with it.

Considering all the other weird issues you reported in your initial posts where you are having trouble doing things such as resetting to factory defaults, I still suspect a problem with your browser or your router.

Hi RMerlin

Is there any way to run a Custom mode in Dual WAN where you can combine the throughput of two WAN inputs instead of Loan Balance/Failover? I had a dd-wrt script running for a long time on an older router where it was possible to do this (Google string for the thread is "dd-wrt Dual /Triple WAN HowTo") and would love to upgrade to this firmware if it were possible to implement this feature.

I understand that Asus has just started "officially" supporting dual wan and as such it may not be a staple support, but please let me know if you think this may be possible by tweaking the dd-wrt script in some way down the road. The Chinese dualwan firmware (Tomato fork) which is actually now a 4WAN firmware seems to support a Custom mode although I am not sure what the custom mode capabilities are.

Thanks in advance.

There is no such thing as "combining". The Internet works on a point-to-point basis, with packets travelling from point A to point B, with one of the points being specifically one of your two WAN interfaces. Load balancing is the only way you can increase your total throughput with two separate home connections.

Thanks for the response. I am not sure if I explained it correctly.

An example scenario is 1 WAN with 20 mbps and another with 7 mbps speed, when I go to speedtest.net, with the dd-wrt dual wan script running, the reported speed is 27 mbps. I am not sure if this is what load balancing is able to do as well?

Thanks for the response. I am not sure if I explained it correctly.

An example scenario is 1 WAN with 20 mbps and another with 7 mbps speed, when I go to speedtest.net, with the dd-wrt dual wan script running, the reported speed is 27 mbps. I am not sure if this is what load balancing is able to do as well?

I don't see how that could be possible, unless speedtest.net were to open multiple simultaneous connections at once. Even the DD-WRT guide says so:

"This round robins your outbound traffic, and the servers will reply to the IP you sent it from. This will NOT double download speeds of SINGLE FILES."

This is just normal load balancing, same as Asus does.

@Jgrana, and others who had problems with minidlna during the last betas: Could you guys test the minidlna-test2 build I uploaded to https://www.mediafire.com/#ftf9kjixr1a5f ? This build has Asus's code re-enabled, along with some memory leaks tracked down by another user.

Confirming - multiple links on their own do not provide an aggregate througput without some form of bonding protocol. In this case, the only way you can increase throughput across two connections is if they're multiplexed (mux) across a PPP (or similar Point-to-point) bonded, and ultimately terminate at the same far-end terminal (think multiple T1s used to increase throughput) where the far-end router assembles (demux) packets from each connection to ensure they're "in order".

@Jgrana, and others who had problems with minidlna during the last betas: Could you guys test the minidlna-test2 build I uploaded to https://www.mediafire.com/#ftf9kjixr1a5f ? This build has Asus's code re-enabled, along with some memory leaks tracked down by another user.

Merlin - I would be happy to test it out. I can't seem to download using the link you provided. I created a Mediafile account and still can't seem to download...

Merlin - I would be happy to test it out. I can't seem to download using the link you provided. I created a Mediafile account and still can't seem to download...

That link simply points to a sub-folder on my Mediafire account, same place where firmwares are downloaded. Not sure why you would be unable to download from that folder if you had no problem downloading the firmware itself from another folder. Can you elaborate as to what is happening when you try to download?

That link simply points to a sub-folder on my Mediafire account, same place where firmwares are downloaded. Not sure why you would be unable to download from that folder if you had no problem downloading the firmware itself from another folder. Can you elaborate as to what is happening when you try to download?

It brings me to a MediaFire page that wants me to sign in or sign up. I signed up hoping it would bring me to your link. Whenever I click on the link in your post, it brings me to my new home page on MediaFire.

So, I just went to the link on the Sticky, went to Misc and found the file. I will try now.
Thanks

Thank you for your great work, RMerlin

but since 374.32 on n16 sometimes get following wireless error, then have to reboot router

kernel: wlc_print_ampdu_txstatus: txstatus 0xf063

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!