What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.34 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

for AC68U/R 374.34_2, did anyone here get overlock switch worked? I have tired to trun it on, but my router does not respond and I have tried many times without any luck.

same here - no luck :(

for AC68U/R 374.34_2, did anyone here get overlock switch worked? I have tired to trun it on, but my router does not respond and I have tried many times without any luck.

Works for me and for at least one user who posted about it in the thread.

What do you mean by "the router does not respond"?

how about your 5G wifi? my 5G wifi sometimes won't respond and assign IP to my devices, unless I change to open mode and switch back to WPA2-personal.

No problems here at all. Both 2.4 and 5 are rock solid.

When I push the button, the router will restart, but all of my devices won't connect to the router even I restart my computer and laptop, 2.4G and 5G wifi can not be searched. then I restart the router manually by pushing the power switch, 2.4G and 5G lights are off even I have waited for 4-5 mins, and LAN connection as well. In order to make it work, I have to turn off the overclock.

Did I follow the wrong step?

I was wondering - if you overclock - Tools page - CPU Frequency - will it show 1000MHz or is there some limitation causing it to stay at 800MHz ?
If I'll do nvram get clkfreq - gets the same 800Mhz.

My router actually responds and looks like it has done the overclock - but never shows 1000...

I was wondering - if you overclock - Tools page - CPU Frequency - will it show 1000MHz or is there some limitation causing it to stay at 800MHz ?

My router actually responds and looks like it has done the overclock - but never shows 1000...

better than my situation coz my router is freezed there.

Asus's support site is in a funny state this morning. The download page for the RT-AC68U returns a page not found. The download page for the RT-AC56U now shows the 374_306 GPL for that router, but the file is missing, and it shows a release date of August 15th. Plus, there isn't a 374_306 FW for the AC56U yet.

I think some webmaster forgot to take his coffee before going to work :)

AC68R 374_306 GPL can be downloaded now.

When I push the button, the router will restart, but all of my devices won't connect to the router even I restart my computer and laptop, 2.4G and 5G wifi can not be searched. then I restart the router manually by pushing the power switch, 2.4G and 5G lights are off even I have waited for 4-5 mins, and LAN connection as well. In order to make it work, I have to turn off the overclock.

Did I follow the wrong step?

Overclocking involves pushing components beyond the speed for which they were designed and at which they were tested. It's possible your router simply isn't overclockable in a stable way.

I haven't found any way yet to determine if Turbo mode is enabled or not, so for now the Sysinfo page will always display the clkfreq value.

To manually determine if Turbo mode is enabled, check the content of /proc/cpuinfo. Bogomips should be around 1500 for 800 MHz and 1900 for 1 GHz.

Overclocking involves pushing components beyond the speed for which they were designed and at which they were tested. It's possible your router simply isn't overclockable in a stable way.

Do you mean I also need to setup other stuff before I push the button? haha, I think I am fine with 800. Thank you for the tips.

Hi RMerlin, great job.

Found a small bug. I have not confirmed if it was present in erlier FW aswell but here it is.

The Clock, i have set the timezone for Stockholm as i live in sweden. The router complains about timezone differs from system settings and the router Clock is 1h off so. it is set correct but the Clock goes wrong... Please have a look at it.

Forgot, running a AC66u.

I fave the same behaviour and I'm still at .34 release. I switched from auto daylight saving setting to manual. That will stop complains of the router, and let the unit run the correct time. i became aware of it since wlan was not available due to power saving settings ( I switch 5Ghz radio of when I am sleeping)

I fave the same behaviour and I'm still at .34 release. I switched from auto daylight saving setting to manual. That will stop complains of the router, and let the unit run the correct time. i became aware of it since wlan was not available due to power saving settings ( I switch 5Ghz radio of when I am sleeping)

Hi there

I Think it is solved, the issue is time i Think. When i today logoed on to the router there was no complaint anymore and the time was right. Perhaps the router has a sync intervall which hadn't occured yesterday when I upgraded.

Let's hope that was the issue ;)

Hi RMerlin, great job.

Found a small bug. I have not confirmed if it was present in erlier FW aswell but here it is.

The Clock, i have set the timezone for Stockholm as i live in sweden. The router complains about timezone differs from system settings and the router Clock is 1h off so. it is set correct but the Clock goes wrong... Please have a look at it.

Forgot, running a AC66u.

I have the same issue in Norway (same time zone as Sweden). Seems the ASUS automatic DST setting only works properly during DST/summer time in this time zone. The rest of the year it's wrong.

In the summer we are in he CEST zone (UTC+2) and the ASUS DST auto settings are working fine. In the winter we are in the CET zone (UTC+1) and the time is an hour off with DST on auto.

Don't know if related , but I was a little surprised to see the busybox date command use the MET terminology rather than CET for our time zone. On my other busybox devices date returns CET. According to Wikipedia MET is the same thing as CET though.

A work-around for those of us in the CET zone affected by this is to keep the time zone at GMT+1 and check "Manually set the daylight saving time" under Administration/System. I've set mine to:
DST start time: M3 - 5 - 0 - 2
DST end time: M10 - 5 - 0 - 2

Hopefully this will be interpreted as "the last Sunday in March at 2 AM" and "the last Sunday in October at 2 AM" respectively. Don't know yet if it switches at the right time but at least the time is shown correctly right now.

Hi there

I Think it is solved, the issue is time i Think. When i today logoed on to the router there was no complaint anymore and the time was right. Perhaps the router has a sync intervall which hadn't occured yesterday when I upgraded.

EDIT:

Working on auto here as well now. I think it switches a week too late on auto. And maybe a few weeks too early in March (I had the same issue back then). So the manual settings above may still be useful in the two transition periods (if correct).

The US switched tonight so it seems it switches to/from DST when the US does and not when Europe does when set to auto.

Last edited:
Hi there

Issue seems indeed to be solved right now. I am certain it had nothing to do with ntp settings, since i even rebooted router ehen i experienced this issue.
Perhaps there are different time zones when it comes to switching from daylight to normal winter time, and that now somekind of critical switch in some time zone did the trick. Anyway, i guess having the same issue in about 6 months. (For IT related stuff daylight saving is somehow very often a nightmare)

Issue seems indeed to be solved right now. I am certain it had nothing to do with ntp settings, since i even rebooted router ehen i experienced this issue.
Perhaps there are different time zones when it comes to switching from daylight to normal winter time, and that now somekind of critical switch in some time zone did the trick. Anyway, i guess having the same issue in about 6 months. (For IT related stuff daylight saving is somehow very often a nightmare)
Yes, I edited my post right above yours. It seemingly uses US DST switch dates for a European time zone, so there will be one week wrong in October/November and a few weeks wrong in March. So ASUS needs to fix their DST logic.

Has anyone else seen a problem on the Advanced WAN Content page with setting the UPNP ports to allow mapped ports below 1024? I can do so via a console session, which does work after rebooting the router, but if I attempt to do so via the GUI, I get an error saying that "First port must be lower than last port value," even though that is already the case.

This also prevents any further changes to that screen, including changes to the WAN DNS settings. I attached a copy of the error message.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 522
Has anyone else seen a problem on the Advanced WAN Content page with setting the UPNP ports to allow mapped ports below 1024? I can do so via a console session, which does work after rebooting the router, but if I attempt to do so via the GUI, I get an error saying that "First port must be lower than last port value," even though that is already the case.

This also prevents any further changes to that screen, including changes to the WAN DNS settings. I attached a copy of the error message.

Confirmed. Must be a bug in the Javascript logic checking the ranges.

As a workaround, set the starting port to "1" in both internal and internal fields.

I haven't found any way yet to determine if Turbo mode is enabled or not, so for now the Sysinfo page will always display the clkfreq value.

To manually determine if Turbo mode is enabled, check the content of /proc/cpuinfo. Bogomips should be around 1500 for 800 MHz and 1900 for 1 GHz.

yes, it shows BogoMIPS :1998.84 :)

I must ask this RMerlin:

Why is still used the ancient version of vsftpd 2.0.4 server on all releases (asus/rmerlin) with some notorious bugs present on it, can you please update to the latest (3.0.2) ?!?

Thanks in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!