What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.34 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is issue with new firmware, I think it could be due to new SDK. Previously on my RT-N66U was Merlin firmware 3.0.0.4.270.26 and there was no issues. Then I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.33. Erased all settings and reconfigured manually. Then my router started rebooting in a random times. Yesterday I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.34_2. I did 30/30/30 reset, then one more time everything reconfigured manually. Tried to unplug all USB devices, disabled HW accelerator. Still the same issue. Not sure if its related, but I saw that in most times router rebooting when transfering data LAN->WLAN, for example watching movie from my Synology in my Laptop. Today during movie time router rebooted 3 times!
Any suggestions? If no luck I will try to go back to 3.0.0.4.270.26.
Thanks!

I downgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.374.32 two days ago. And still stable with no reboots! So looks like there are some issues with new Merlin firmware...

I had to go back to 306 because the router wouldn't recognize my usb 3.0 hard drive. This happened also in 205 and 291.

Asus released new firmware with version number 3.0.0.4.374.339 for the AC68U:p

I am finally getting good results on 2.4GHz after a flash to this firmware.

EDIT: Take that back, started off OK initially but 2.4GHz back to dismal again! I give up!

Last edited:
Disable "Reducing USB 3.0 Interference" on the 2.4GHz Professional page.

I did. But just as it happened with 205, and 291 (and Merlin's)the router will only detect the hard drive in the usb 2.0 socket (with or without reducing USB 3.0 interference enabled).

In 306 it works with "reducing usb 3.0 interference" disabled as you suggested.

It's a Sabrent usb 3.0 enclosure. Having read that a cheap cable could be the culprit, I also changed the cable for a Belkin brand.

Thanks

Traffic monitoring function for per-IP stopped wokrking

Hi,

After upgrade from 3.0.0.347.32 to 3.0.0.347.34
In the traffic monitoring page - per IP - daily or monthly, I can get the list of dates, thus cant see any statistics. this page was working OK in the previous version that I used.

I think that when no data (or the access to the files with the data cant be done / files are corrupted) this is how things look like.

I remember that in version 3.0.0.374.32 there was a place in the GUI that allows the used to clear all the past statistics and create new statistics files, but can't find it now.

Any ideas about how I can recover this functionality back to working state?

I can delete the stats data files manually using SSH if you refer me to them...

Thanks,
Amit.

--- update - Solution found:
Hi,

I found the solution:
tools->other settings->Create or reset IPTraffic data files
and now it seems to work.

Hope that it will help someone.
--Amit.

Last edited:
There are clearly some issues with this newest FW! After few days of uptime I am unable to connect with the router admin page… It shows "settings were updated" info… Also I have never ever seen Xbox "moderate" firewall issue before on my RT-AC56U, looks like there are some UPNP problems too.

Edit: Xbox "moderate" issues fixed by changing internal UPNP from 1024 to 1.

Last edited:
Had to go back to 33 as well. Will wait till this new version fixes all of its issues. Prob cause it's so new.

Parental Control off by 3.0.0.4.374.34_2 (Merlin build)

I use the Parental Control with 3.0.0.4.374.34_2 (Merlin build). I noticed that although I have set the internet to work with a particular client that the internet shuts off one hour early for that client, so although the router time is correct, it is almost as if the parental control is using DST rather than ST.

See the attached screenshot...the internet was shut off for the client right at 10pm rather than 11pm as indicated by the Parental Control.

Attachments

• 20131110Parental.jpg
    20131110Parental.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 347
I use the Parental Control with 3.0.0.4.374.34_2 (Merlin build). I noticed that although I have set the internet to work with a particular client that the internet shuts off one hour early for that client, so although the router time is correct, it is almost as if the parental control is using DST rather than ST.

See the attached screenshot...the internet was shut off for the client right at 10pm rather than 11pm as indicated by the Parental Control.

Asuswrt's DST handling is a bit quirky for some timezones. If you haven't done so recently, reboot your router - it's possible that it switched to ST, but some running services didn't notice the change.

bugs

The latest build works great with 5Ghz, but the 2.4Ghz is awful. I reverted back to .32......not the greatest, but works better than the latest version.
I asked Asus what can be done to alleviate the poor signal strength on their latest update, they told me to increase the radio power to 200mw.....LOL

Probably not...

Had the same problem as you with IPTV when upgrading from 32 to 34_2 (clearing Nvram as suggested in this thread).
thanks to your list of changed parameters i fiddled around with some parameters and found out that if i ran the following command from ssh:

nvram set wan0_ifname=eth0

And voilá internet starts working again and i get an ip on eth0 on the router.

edit: i thought i should share with you how i made my permanent reboot-proof fix for the IPTV issues that i had with my ISP Telia in Sweden.

"permanent fix for ISP telia and probably all others having issues"

1. configure router as you like it (do a fresh install of 34_2, with factory reset and so on), please ignore that IPTV settings break your internet access for now.
  2. enable jffs if not already enabled. (administration -> system -> Enable JFFS partition, i guess format too if it was not already enabled)
  3. enable ssh or telnet login. (administration -> system -> enable ssh/telnet)
  4. ssh or telnet to your router.
  5. if you cant handle an editor as vi, just do these 4 commands on the command prompt.

Code:
    echo "#!/bin/sh" > /jffs/scripts/init-start
    echo "nvram set wan0_ifname=eth0" >> /jffs/scripts/init-start
    echo "touch /tmp/IPTV_works_by_demo007" >> /jffs/scripts/init-start
    chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/init-start
  6. reboot router, IPTV and Internet should work. (DONT TOUCH THE IPTV TAB!!!! ;) if you do by mistake just reboot the router and it should be fine again.)

Last edited:
After a day of using 5ghz this one does not seem to have internet or so it tells me and after a rebbot it works fine

Hello! I have a problem with this firmware, and it never happened before.

I have plugged an USB HD, ext3 formatted, with a lot of videos on it, and DLNA server is running for share them.

Yesterday I was watching a movie (a Samsung TV, wired connected to 5Ghz WLAN using a Netgear WNCE4004 wifi bridge) when, suddenly, media server went down.

"No problem, I restart it!" I thought. But my iPad was disconnected to 5Ghz WLAN (network not available was the error). So was my wife's iPhone 4S (2.4Ghz WLAN) and my 5S. The error was always "network unavailable" or "cannot access to the network".

Only via SSH\telnet I was able to reach the router and reboot it.

This happened twice....

EDIT: Movie was not the same...

Last edited:
Code:
nvram set wan0_ifname=eth0

And voilá internet starts working again and i get an ip on eth0 on the router

Actually I opted for another solution, as I was out of ETH ports anyway for my home devices.
So I replaced my Dummy 8-port Gbit Netgear GS608 Switch with "cheap" TP-LINK TL-SG2424 Managed switch.

Now I split vlans from Trunk interface there and I dont have anykind of IPTV specific config at router at all.
STB`s are directly connected to that Switch which has two ports assigned to IPTV vlan.

Internet vlan in that Switch is assigned to one port, connected to RT-N66U WAN port and one router LAN port is connected to same switch in different vlan different port and vlan is assigned to "client ports" where are all other devices connected.

Also I had a benefit to get LACP also for my NAS with such setup. :D

Only thing my RT-N66U is doing now, is providing NAT, DHCP, OpenVPN and Wireless...which are pretty standard things.

Also went back to .32., got tired of poor 2,4GHz wifi and the login issue.

Merlin, your doing a great job! - if you have the time, please look into the wifi strength issue in .33 and .34.

Br

Anders

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!