What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dear Merlin

Excellent image. I've just got the ac66u (coming from wrt610n v2). I was initially disappointed in the dd-wrt builds but after finding your builds I'm very happy with router.

now running your latest build, ran the xxx.???.04 before, and in the 2 days I could test the 04 I've seen a better signal on the latest build.

Love your work, chuffed with SSH running as standard. Will report any issues I find, for now, things look stable.

regards

My USB cardreaders on the hub doen't get recognised.
They are recognised as GM Modems?! On 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 they are recognised correctly as high speed usb devices.

With 3.0.0.4.374.38 on my N66U I can't get them to work.

This would be correct:
usb 1-1.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 1-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-1.1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1.1:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-1.2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usb 1-1.4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
usb 1-1.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
scsi1 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
usb 1-1.1.3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
usb 1-1.1.3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-1.1.3:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1.1.3:1.0: 4 ports detected
usb 1-1.1.4: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
usb 1-1.1.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-1.1.3.1: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
usb 1-1.1.3.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 1-1.1.3.4: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 9
usb 1-1.1.3.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

but in 3.0.0.4.374.38 I do get a complete other output, not showing my cardreader devices for OScam.

I am getting a similar thing with my canon printer.

Jan 11 20:48:21 kernel: usb 1-1.2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
Jan 11 20:48:21 kernel: usb 1-1.2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Jan 11 20:48:21 kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 4 if 1 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04A9 pid 0x1751
Jan 11 20:48:21 kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0 Device ID string [194]='MFG:Canon;CMD:BJL,BJRaster3,BSCCe,IVEC,IVECPLI;MDL:MG2100 series;CLS:pRINTER;DES:Canon MG2100 series;VER:1.090;STA:30;FSI:00;HRI:2;MSI:B015,DAT,E3,HFSF,JOFF,K21000700,LOFF;PDR:3;PSE:LFWC77576;'
Jan 11 20:50:05 kernel: usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 4

It never shows up on the UI.

Thank you

rt-n66u

Coming from 374_33 flashed with all connected and went well ..... almost all settings survived.

Had to reformat the jffs to get the config and scripts folders back then copy over back ups and now entware and all my iptables at service-starts are working fine and start as expected.

All seems to be working and GUI appears faster.

Can confirm the tools => Run CMD interface is not working and you will need to pageant in.

I am hard wired with the real machines here and Wi-Fi is just for the toy devices so sorry can not comment on if the Wi-Fi is any faster. 5 and 2.4 devices connect no problem non em version

Edit: My client1 openvpn is turned off on reboot with this version also

Regards

Last edited:
Two AC68U's

Here are quick numbers of a file transfer between two AC68U's for comparisons.

fw 501 - 8MB/s
fw 37_2 - 6.5MB/s
fw 38_1 - 5.5MB/s

Next test will be done with fw 573.

rt-n66u. Only tested 2.4 band with inSSIder

36 beta 1: -64 to -66
38, after factory reset, -66 to -72
38em, -62 to -66

Two AC68U's

Here are quick numbers of a file transfer between two AC68U's for comparisons.

fw 501 - 8MB/s
fw 37_2 - 6.5MB/s
fw 38_1 - 5.5MB/s

Next test will be done with fw 573.

those are some interesting results, made me want to test myself. i plugged in an old USB2.0 flash drive that came with some RAM i bought a few years ago, to my RT-N66R. doing a 250mb copy over SMB from a computer with my 1.5tb usb3 attached (over usb2 ports) over a wired connection gave me 6.5mb/s+ copy (per MS Win7)

copying the file back to the same external hdd gave me 8.5mb/s and it was still rising when the file finished. the file tested with was .mp4

As promised, test with FW 573.

Two AC68U's, file transfer between the two is; 6.5MB/s

So looks like Asus took a big step backwards. Im done testing and tweaking for few days. Im not going to touch anything else for now.

KGB7, maybe I missed your test setup, but I don't understand what you're testing?

Wifi? USB drive? Bridge? A little more info would be great. Ty!

Quick notes on 38_1.

AC68U, FW 38_1 (upgraded from 37_0, no factory reset), 1T WD USB 3.0 ext4, Windows 8.1 + SAMSUNG SSD 256 GB PRO.

Copying the large files (~2 GB) over SMB (wired connection, Laptop -> WD) gives an average speed ~35 MB/s.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) taken behind a thin wall and another, load-bearing one shows stable ~45/19 Mb/s via speedtest.net on 5 GHz. I cannot expect more -> fully satisfied with 38_1.

using an i7 laptop with a meh centrino card, 20mhz/2.4ghz, same usb3 1.5tb hdd, attached to a usb3 port, same flash drive attached to router;

laptop to n66r: ~4mb/s
n66r to laptop: ~9.5mb/s

disabled radio on the n66r and tested with my regular linksys e2000 AP;

laptop to n66r: ~4mb/s
n66r to laptop: ~8mb/s

i think my laptop's network card was definitely the limiting factor in my tests

Hi all!

Found this forum today, and might finally get input on my question on a rather strange behavour.

I have 2 disks (1TB and 2TB) connected to my N66U running lastest SDK5 build. (but this bug/error/something have been on stock, and previous versions of Merlin.)

Under tab "Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" I have of course sharing enabled, BUT I also have "Sharing with account" enabled. Thing is now, I'd like to add a second account to have access to my disks, besides the default admin account.

When I add a new account (i.e user: Share, pass: test), pressing OK, will throw the pop-up "Processing...". But that pop-up never goes away (waited about 10mins) and when refreshing the page, I'm back with only default admin account.

Any ideas? This is perhaps a known bug?
Are you using Chrome browser for the UI? Try with something other than Chrome, such as Firefox or IE. I've found that Chrome has some sort of bug that will not allow me to add accounts either, it does the exact same behavior you described, using Firefox solved the problem.

Just flashed to the 38 build from 32 on the RT-66U, and noticed about a 5-10dB drop in RSSI on my 2.4Ghz signal. Forgot to write down the 5Ghz RSSI. Went from 63-69 to 73-39. No noticeable difference on either network though.

Last edited:
KGB7, maybe I missed your test setup, but I don't understand what you're testing?

Wifi? USB drive? Bridge? A little more info would be great. Ty!

A single 10gb file transfer over a WiFi; between a PC that is wired in to ac68 Media Bridge, and laptop that is wired in to AC68 Router.

Hi all!

Found this forum today, and might finally get input on my question on a rather strange behavour.

I have 2 disks (1TB and 2TB) connected to my N66U running lastest SDK5 build. (but this bug/error/something have been on stock, and previous versions of Merlin.)

Under tab "Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" I have of course sharing enabled, BUT I also have "Sharing with account" enabled. Thing is now, I'd like to add a second account to have access to my disks, besides the default admin account.

When I add a new account (i.e user: Share, pass: test), pressing OK, will throw the pop-up "Processing...". But that pop-up never goes away (waited about 10mins) and when refreshing the page, I'm back with only default admin account.

Any ideas? This is perhaps a known bug?

That was an issue with Chrome, which was recently fixed by Asus. 374.38 should include that fix.

My USB cardreaders on the hub doen't get recognised.

Hub support is something Asus is in the process of (fully) implementing. It might have been only partially working before, but once Asus is done implementing this, it will work even better than before.

Full hub support will have to wait until the next release, Asus hasn't released the source code yet of their latest firmware where they have mostly (?) finalized this.

Hi Merlin,

I got this error message:

/tmp/mnt/sda1/asusware/etc/privoxy# dmesg
jffs2_flush_wbuf(): Write failed with -5
Write of 615 bytes at 0x0091edd4 failed. returned -5, retlen 0
Not marking the space at 0x0091edd4 as dirty because the flash driver returned retlen zero

/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/sda1 type ext3 (rw,nodev,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mtdblock5 on /jffs type jffs2 (rw,noatime)

AC-66U under 3.0.0.4.374.38

Sounds like your jffs partition might be corrupted, or contain a bad block (the AC66U flash isn't impressive at that level). Make a backup of its content, and reformat it (under Administration -> System).

A single 10gb file transfer over a WiFi; between a PC that is wired in to ac68 Media Bridge, and laptop that is wired in to AC68 Router.

You might want to try to retest the new version after you've experimented with new antenna positions or channels - how far apart are your routers from each other? Is this a 2.4 or 5GHz bridge?

Thanks for the added info.

Bonjour,
Actuellement avec mon routeur RT-AC66U avec le firmware 3.0.0.354.29-Beta1 connexion WAN en PPPOE, j'ai sur le port 1 mon iMac, sur le port 2 un switch 8 port, sur le port 3 mon NAS, sur le port 4 la Freebox routeur (DHCP désactivé, IP fixe 192.168.1.254, même plage d'adresse pour différentes raison).
ça fonctionne bien. :)

Avec le firmware 3.0.0.4.374.38 (et aussi 3.0.0.4.374_1631 et 3.0.0.4.374.37) le port 3 et 4 ne fontionnent plus, je pense que le mode double WAN s'enclenche automatiquement.
Est-ce qu'il a une commande pour désactiver cette fonction définitivement?

PS: aucun problème si la Freebox routeur est débranchée.
PS2: Les port USB remarche ^^.

merci pour tout le travail fournie depuis le debut RMerlin. ;)

Hi,
currently on my RT-AC66U router (192.168.1.253) with the firmware 3.0.0.354.29-Beta1 on Wan PPPOE i have on port 1 My iMac, on port 2 a 8 port Switch, on port 3 a Nas, and on port 4 a Freebox router (DHCP deactived, static IP 192.168.1.254, same adress range for many raisons).
It works well. :)

With the firmware 3.0.0.4.374.38 (3.0.0.4.374_1631 and 3.0.0.4.374.37 too) port 3 and 4 not working, i think dual wan activates automatically.
Is there a command to disable this option definitely?

PS: no problems with Freebox router unplugged.
PS2: the USB port working again ^^.

thank you for all the work provided since the beginning RMerlin. ;)

Port 3 and 4 no longer working sound as if you have VLANs configured. Go to LAN -> IPTV and make that ISP Profile is set to disabled.

Has the run command issue been fixed yet for the N66U ?

I didn't push new builds for it yet. It was already quite late, so I just compiled and pushed out builds for the AC68/AC56 as they were severely broken. I will build the N66 and AC66 firmwares later today.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!