What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AX86U: after updating I lost wifi and all my cloudflare tunnels, going back to 2.2

The next step is 386.12.

I have yet to review the 3006 code, so I don't even know yet what will be involved with it.

RMerlin, to be clear. I wasn't indicating what you would be working on.

I was vocalizing what I was looking forward to, with my current set of routers.

By the way, 386.12 Alpha 1 works great for a few of my customers still on those older routers.

@havrancek, you're on very old firmware.

There are no such issues with the latest firmware for others, including myself. A full reset of your router is indicated and required today.

I suggest you flash the latest firmware, perform a full reset, then minimally and manually configure your router to secure it and connect to your ISP. ASAP.

Be sure you take screenshots of your current setup. A PDF or text file version is even better (you can copy/paste from it).

installed release on axe160000. no issues.

Curious as to what is included in GPL 388_23588
I don't have any changelog.
By the way, 386.12 Alpha 1 works great for a few of my customers still on those older routers.
Flashing alpha firmware on someone else's router is a very bad idea. I did no testing of these test builds beyond ensure it booted on one or two devices and looking for broken webui issues, and there are a few users that indicated that their routers got stuck in a boot loop following a factory default reset.

@havrancek, you're on very old firmware.

There are no such issues with the latest firmware for others, including myself. A full reset of your router is indicated and required today.

I suggest you flash the latest firmware, perform a full reset, then minimally and manually configure your router to secure it and connect to your ISP. ASAP.

Be sure you take screenshots of your current setup. A PDF or text file version is even better (you can copy/paste from it).

388.2_2 is not very old firmware
anyway, I won't be able to write here, because my network will collapse again when I upgrade
I wonder what could have gone bad, as from updating my ISP connection is very slow (should be 800-800) even after downgrade

Flashing alpha firmware on someone else's router is a very bad idea. I did no testing of these test builds beyond ensure it booted on one or two devices and looking for broken webui issues, and there are a few users that indicated that their routers got stuck in a boot loop following a factory default reset.
People will do anything on their routers these days. I wait for atleast one beta release now before I attempt anything new.

Tried the new code. Ax88uPro keeps Auto rebooting. Not looking for help really. Just stating it's not all rainbows for those thinking of trying it. I'll stick with 388.2.2 until there's a major vulnerability.

anyway, I won't be able to write here, because my network will collapse again when I upgrade
I wonder what could have gone bad, as from updating my ISP connection is very slow (should be 800-800) even after downgrade
replying to my own post
I found the culprit - I don't know how, but TOR network was turned on, and it was doing all the s*** - I've upgraded and everything runs smoothly

Yes, I understand and have also explained that to them. I didn't flash the alpha firmware, they did.

And, a lot of those older routers are in Media Bridge mode too.

Sorry, your Signature states "Asus RT-AX86U merlin 386.5_2".

Follow the proper reset procedure and we'll see you back soon.

Tried the new code. Ax88uPro keeps Auto rebooting. Not looking for help really. Just stating it's not all rainbows for those thinking of trying it. I'll stick with 388.2.2 until there's a major vulnerability.
I have 3 x RT-AX88U Pro working well on the new firmware. It's a radical step for some, and not one I always do, but I found a full factory reset using the Power and WPS method made a huge difference to my stability after trying the most recent Asus release had caused all sorts of issues for me. Unfortunately you'll then need to manually reconfigure.

Successfully updated my XT12's from the last stable to this stable update, all is well :)

Upgraded from Beta3 my 2*AX88u.
Smooth as should.
Manual rebooted them each 40m after.

Will do a whole system reboot in a bit.
So far, so good.

Happy with my 160Mhz- hopeful it'd keep working same as it worked since Alpha release.

Flashed today and working fine :)

Code:
Errors:
kernel: bcm_i2c: bus 0: Failed to detect SFP: 100 retries exhausted
kernel: bcm963xx-pcie: Core [2] Enabled PCIE/UBUS Error Interrupts^M
kernel: bcm963xx-pcie: Core [2] UBUS Intr [UBUS_LINKUP]^M
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_setup_wiphy : Registering Vendor80211
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) dhd_config_dongle : Dongle is already up
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_hostapd_sec : No WPSIE in beacon
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

Warnings:
avahi-daemon[1155]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

About that Warning, anyone else got this ?
Read on Github that this should be working:
enable-dbus=0 in avahi-daemon.conf

I have 3 x RT-AX88U Pro working well on the new firmware. It's a radical step for some, and not one I always do, but I found a full factory reset using the Power and WPS method made a huge difference to my stability after trying the most recent Asus release had caused all sorts of issues for me. Unfortunately you'll then need to manually reconfigure.
In 2023, having to perform a factory reset and reprogram is pure and utter BS. I'm not going in and reprogramming a thing. I've been a CCIE for 20 years and the day I have to go in and do a factory reset to upgrade a Cisco device is the day I quit I.T.

You're not reprogramming anything. You hold the WPS button and switch the power to 'on'.

20 years ago, these devices didn't exist. And, they're not Cisco devices either (thankfully, with their painful price points).