What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

not for me. Before, I could always add mac-addresses to the ACL on the fly and not experience any disconnects. Now any changes done on 3.0.0.6 regarding seemingly any wifi parameters drops the signal.
Are you talking about the Wireless MAC Filter page? That page hasn't changed for two years. Any changes made there invokes a "restart_wireless" event.

Last edited:
Did a Dirty upgrade on ax86s and ax88u.

Working well.

AX86U and AX86S as mesh dirty upgrade
No issues 2 days
TX Merlin

Are you talking about the Wireless MAC Filter page? That page hasn't changed for two years. Any changes made there invokes a "restart_wireless" event.
I'm trying to follow along and got lost at why a discussion of base code 3006 is in the Release of 3004 base?
Did I make a mistake?

Factory reset my ax16000 and still seeing the errors on the latest build.

If I disable Asusnat tunnel, the error goes away.

If I downgrade to the latest beta, there are no errors whether Asusnat tunnel is enabled or disabled.

Code:
Aug 22 22:09:41 rc_service: watchdog 3038:notify_rc stop_aae
Aug 22 22:09:41 rc_service: watchdog 3038:notify_rc start_mastiff
Aug 22 22:09:41 rc_service: waitting "stop_aae" via watchdog ...
Aug 22 22:09:42 Mastiff: init

Any ideas?

I'm trying to follow along and got lost at why a discussion of base code 3006 is in the Release of 3004 base?
Did I make a mistake?
Good point. I must admit that in my last post I forgot he wasn't talking about this 3004 release. :oops: That said, the behaviour he's describing has always been the norm for the 3004 releases. Perhaps it is/was different for the new 3006 branch.

All working great, but I just got this; newer seen it before, someone knows what is it?
Code:
.top.location.href='/Main_Login.asp';</script>
</HEAD></HT
P.S.
I am probably the cause 😅, tested local network transfer with "OpenSpeedTest-Server_2.1.8", and I guess it caused it... Somehow 🙃
P.P.S.
No, it was just my latest Waterfox G6.0b3 that did that.... 😁

Last edited:
If that's the case, perhaps earlier versions were slicker and faster with their restart. Now when I add an entry, most devices fall off the network.
With my 3004 firmwares (see previous post ;) ) the 2.4GHz clients reconnected so quickly it wasn't noticeable, even while streaming. If you had clients that only connected to 5GHz then there was a potential 1 or 10 minute delay if you were using DFS channels. Anyway, as @John Fitzgerald pointed out none of this is relevant to this release thread so I'll end here.

@Morris - I had the same issue with the beta. The issue was that i had set fixed channel 36 for 5g band. I fixed the issue by switching to auto on 5g and it was resolved.

Maybe there is an issue with AX86U/S with the this GPL and fixed channel 36 on 5g
Interesting. I was on 36 80 wide. I switched to auto and then to 36 80 wide and all was good on the router. Later I noticed that clients were not connecting to the nodes (wired backbone). I restarted them and now all is good. Odd bug

Last edited:
Any ideas?
ASUS App problem if you have it (un-re bind the router).
But as RMerlin said disable and forget it, you probably dont really need it ;)

After upgrade of my RT-AX86U (with 2 AX56U Mesh), syslog gets flowded with these messages every seconds:

Aug 23 08:34:21 acsd: acs_init_run(1111): acs_start eth7 cannot select chanspec with the wrong info
Aug 23 08:34:24 acsd: eth7: Selecting 5g band ACS policy

Change the cannel to auto and then back to what you want.

Got it installed, 18 or so hours up. No complaints to this point.

Dirty upgrade from 388.2 on my 4 x XT12s, excellent so far, and I've had 160Mhz running on both 5GHz bands for 48h, whereas I used to get only about 5 at most before on all prior firmware versions. Very impressed so far.

AX88U dirty upgrade from 388.2_2. All fine here and NetworkMap is working (after update did a router reboot). :)

Man, go to Greece for 2 weeks and I miss a release! BAH!

Upgrading all the gear now... let's GO!

EDIT: Beta 2 --> Release filthy style. All good across all the gear so far. Doing the final set of reboots now. No issues to report.

Last edited:
Dirty Flash to 3004_388.4_0 on AX88U Pro & AX3000 V1. Up for over 24 hours with no issues.
TNX, RMerlin