What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It was a translator error, sorry. Anyway, you're not very good at languages because is not Portuguese, is Spanish. However I edit the message and put it in English according to the rule. Thank you
LOL!!! Yes you are correct. Better brush up on my latin based languages.

ASUS official firmware v3.0.0.4.388_23556 for the RT-AX58U was released on 20 June 2023. Additionally, the RT-AX3000 and RT-AX58U are both listed under ASUSWRT 4.0. Predicting EOL candidates before announcement is purely speculation.
I think I'm getting confused about the version numbers. As I was looking around, I saw that the RT-AX5400 had firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23785 released this past Monday, but nothing new since 2023-06-20 for the RT-AX3000/RT-AX58U, so I was thinking "out of date", but it might just be build/release schedules.

My Amazon Dots kept losing connectivity on the 5 Ghz band. Tried changing removing all the suggested settings to fix the problem and at some point changes just seemed to make it worse. For peace in the household I reverted back to 382.2_2 and then reloaded the last configuration file before update. DOTs are all single string AC devices connecting at 80 Mhz on control channel 48. AX and agile multiband disabled. Security WPA. Problem seems to be solved for now. Connections are now stable and a happy wife happy life!
The fam is super annoyed with me -- they think it's my tinkering that has made things messed up (they are probably right). To be fair, this problem has been there for the last few builds but it's never been this pronounced. Not for me, anyway.

It's interesting that you mentioned the Echos. I have about a dozen of them and all (of the ones with screens) also lose connectivity at the same time (they get that wireless logo crossed out on the screen so you know).

Last edited:
The fam is super annoyed with me -- they think it's my tinkering that has made things messed up (they are probably right). To be fair, this problem has been there for the last few builds but it's never been this pronounced. Not for me, anyway.

Have you tried resetting the Echo Dot? Many devices store a lot of info about the network they connect too. You go and change that network device (in this case a driver upgrade on the router), then the Dot is using stale information that it had remembered. Often resetting the device will solve the issue.

Man, I have about a hundred devices, and resetting settings on about two dozen of them is a bit...extreme.
It seems like we are about to hit another fork (or already have). I'll wait for things to settle before resetting the router settings as a last resort. I have tons of crap on the USB too.

Man, I have about a hundred devices, and resetting settings on about two dozen of them is a bit...extreme.
It seems like we are about to hit another fork (or already have). I'll wait for things to settle before resetting the router settings as a last resort. I have tons of crap on the USB too.
Reset one that has issues and see what happens. If anything else, it will rule out the possibility. From my experience, it is usually the older devices (and often the cheap ones) that suffer this. Newer devices tend to be a bit smarter about it.

Have you tried resetting the Echo Dot? Many devices store a lot of info about the network they connect too.
To piggy back on this, the Echo's will (or used to) save past WiFi network logins. Found I had to remove/delete the saved WiFi info on Amazon then reset the Echo otherwise it would try to log into a no longer existing WiFi or to my main WiFi when I've move it to the Guest/YazFi WiFi. Very annoying and frustrating. Some more info here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201730860

Using several Echo's (including a Dot) and don't have a disconnect issue with them on this firmware. Have them on the Guest Network #2 (running YazFi). I also have the Smart Connect disabled and WiFi mode set to Auto. And use different SSID names/passwords for each WiFi network.

Just a comment on this... My Squeezebox Duet receivers (2.4Ghz 802.11g) have an issue with any router I've ever had if 2.4Ghz is set to Auto. If I manually set the channel these devices are rock solid. Do you have your old IoT devices on a 2.4Ghz Auto radio setting? If so, try manually picking the channel and see if they behave better.

Thanks, guys but the thing is that all this was working just fine until recently. I mean My Fold 5 is brand spanking new and it still gets "Connection Failed". My Echos are not new, but I never had an issue when the AX88U was my primary router and still serving up WiFi 6. It's really when I got the 16000 that the problems began (including not keeping up a VPN connection and freezing clients out upon dropping it). That was a whole different can of worms which I tried to handle through AMTM and VPNMON but couldn't really use them well in my scenario (stellar support there with the devs, by the way, amazing guys).

For people who experience the httpd crashes now and then and maybe weird refreshes on the static dhcp page with "new device" appearing for already configured devices. Maybe try to disable the auto logout feature on the administration->system page by setting it to 0. For me it doesn't matter anyway because I have the habit to click the log out button anyway when I'm done. But for me it seems things are more stable after doing that.

Dirty upgraded from 388.2_2. No issues so far. Thank you, @RMerlin !

Dirty upgrade yesterday - so far no screaming from the hard core family testers! Great JOB!!! THANK YOU!

So I "dirty" updated on Saturday 12:40pm, over here in England. Only 1 child in, done rebooting by 12:45pm. All running as expected so far. Thank you for your magic Merlin.

After 4 days, all continues well on AX86U Pro using 388.4 - WPS reset post flash - thank you Merlin

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

IMG_1078.jpeg

Just wondering if the option for Protected Management Frames not showing is normal?

Did a "dirty" upgrade from 388.2_2 yesterday and no problems.

Saturday today and gf is out shopping so i did a total reset and manually re-entered all settings, i don't think it was really needed but it feels good :D and did change some qos settings like bandwidth which is now set to automatic.

had a weird instance overnight, where my XT12 Node fell off the network and the logs on the main XT12 kept spamming dnsmasq-dhcp[3023]: failed to write /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases: No space left on device (retry in 60 s) & dropbear[2536]: Error forking: Cannot allocate memory.
I did a factory reset on both XT12's and am back to stable post reconfig, not sure what triggered this but hopefully it's gone and was just a bug/glitch.

Perfectly normal since you selected WPA3 encryption and protected management frames are mandatory on WPA3.
Oh I played around with the setting. I was on WPA2/WPA3 personal and PMF option wasnt showing up.

Oh I played around with the setting. I was on WPA2/WPA3 personal and PMF option wasnt showing up.
Similar to mine, PMF does not appear on this 3004.388.4 firmware with the WPA2/WPA3 personal setting. At first, I did a factory reset but PMF was not still there. Then I decide to leave it for a few hours because everything ran smoothly. After observing normal networking devices, I just put that aside 😁