What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see all the channels on mine. While not related, you may want to disable 160 MHz if you don't use it.
Hi Rhialto,
If possible, can you share your screenshots showing the list of channels available? Did you disabled 160Mhz option in the WebUI?
On a side note, I just confirmed by SSH into my router and nvram shows the Router is in US region.
ccode=US
wl0_country_code=US

And also I confirm in the nvram wl1_chlist is listing all the channels as below: (I set the Control Channel to 36)
wl1_chanspec=36/80
wl1_chlist=36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 100 104 108 112 116 120 124 128 132 136 140 144 149 153 157 161 165
wl1_closed=0
wl1_concaplist=1:0:0;6:20:1;6:22:0;6:80:1;6:443:1;6:1723:0;6:5060:0;17:500:1;17:5060:0;17:4500:1;50:0:1
wl1_corerev=129
wl1_country_code=US

wl1_country_rev=823

Last edited:
If possible, can you share your screenshots showing the list of channels available?
1693358179901.png

153, 157, 161 and 165 not shown but available.

Attachments

• 1693358033619.png
    1693358033619.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 60
I have an Asus AX-88UPro. I think there is a regression regarding miniupnpd. When I use a static wan, all is good. When I use an auto detect, error sounds a lot like https://github.com/miniupnp/miniupnp/issues/333 which prevents usage in double NAT situation, which I have.

I rolled back to 388.2_2 and all is good. Back to 388.4, log floods with miniupnpd[25576]: private/reserved address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not suitable for external IP.

View attachment 52740

153, 157, 161 and 165 not shown but available.
Thank you so much for sharing the screenshot.

@RMerlin & other Technical members, can you please advise, why I cannot see all the available channels in RT-AX88U WebUI? As I confirm in my previous post all the channels are showing in nvram details.

why I cannot see all the available channels in RT-AX88U WebUI?

Perhaps because you are in a different region with different Wi-Fi regulations.

Perhaps because you are in a different region with different Wi-Fi regulations.
I am in US region, in California.
As per the Wiki 5Ghz list all the channels should be available in my region right? Am I missing something? Please advise.

I am in US region, in California.
As per the Wiki 5Ghz list all the channels should be available in my region right? Am I missing something? Please advise.
There is a scroll bar to the right of the dropdown list that looks like it has a fair bit of scroll there, are you sure you don't just need to drag it down?

tHERE I

There is a scroll bar to the right of the dropdown list that looks like it has a fair bit of scroll there, are you sure you don't just need to drag it down?
No, I don't see any scrollbars in the dropdown list. I just used Edge Browser also and I don't see any Scrollbar in the dropdown.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2023_08_29_01.png
    Screenshots_2023_08_29_01.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 53
No, I don't see any scrollbars in the dropdown list. I just used Edge Browser also and I don't see any Scrollbar in the dropdown.
Ah, sorry. I got you and @Rhialto's images mixed up. My MIL has the AX-88U Pro; I'll give it a look tomorrow and check the channel list. Sadly, I don't have a good comparison here at my house (AXE16000) and in Canada but here are my lists for 5Ghz.

msedge_7vAoJ3v9w1.png

msedge_0upvChFDI1.png

@RMerlin & other Technical members, can you please advise, why I cannot see all the available channels in RT-AX88U WebUI? As I confirm in my previous post all the channels are showing in nvram details.
Have you tried rebooting the router and CTRL-F5 or SHIFT-F5 depending on browser to clear its cache?

Hi, sorry to ask but is there any chance on getting firmware for the tuf ax4200 model in the future?

Ah, sorry. I got you and @Rhialto's images mixed up. My MIL has the AX-88U Pro; I'll give it a look tomorrow and check the channel list. Sadly, I don't have a good comparison here at my house (AXE16000) and in Canada but here are my lists for 5Ghz.

View attachment 52742

View attachment 52743
Hi Everyone,
FINALLY, Figured out the problem. The issue was on my Ai-Mesh Network.
First of all, my sorry/apology to everyone for bombarding this thread with multiple posts related to this issue.

Short story: I had an RT-AC68U Router in my Mesh network, which doesn't support the DFS channel. Because the old router (AC68U) doesn't support the DFS Channel, these channels are not available in RT-AX88U, which is my central node. When I remove the RT-AC68U from my Ai-Mesh node, I can see all the 5Ghz channels in the WebUI. :)

Kudos to @RMerlin and all other contributors in this forum for keeping our Home Routers safe and secure. Thank you all.

Last edited:
388.4_onlinetime.JPG

^^^^some good news^^^^
NO entry in logs at loglevel warning/warning.

Many thanks to RMerlin!!!

After updating my RT-AX58U router to firmware version 3004.388.4, I noticed that many of the 5GHz Wi-Fi channels are missing. I have a ZenWiFi AX Mini connected to the router via ethernet, but that does not seem to affect the channel availability. I also tried clearing the cache by force reloading the webpage, but it did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or restore the missing channels?

1693379630844.png

1693379695831.png

Last edited:
After updating my RT-AX58U router to firmware version 3004.388.4, I noticed that many of the 5GHz Wi-Fi channels are missing. I have a ZenWiFi AX Mini connected to the router via ethernet, but that does not seem to affect the channel availability. I also tried clearing the cache by force reloading the webpage, but it did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue or restore the missing channels?

View attachment 52750

View attachment 52752
I had a very similar issue. Can you please post your AiMesh configuration. Check if all the nodes connected in your AiMesh network is capable of DFS channels.

Not sure why my Time elapsed counter is getting reset, but... it is what it is.
(In Alpha/B did not happen, but I drop it aside, RMerlin said no

Anyway, it is not falling back for 80Mhz.
Im the winner...
Screenshot_20230830_103805_Chrome.jpg

I had a very similar issue. Can you please post your AiMesh configuration. Check if all the nodes connected in your AiMesh network is capable of DFS channels.
What would an AiMesh configuration look like?

I have a ZenWiFi AX Mini connected to the router via ethernet, that's it.

Seeing the additional channels was not an issue prior to the update.

Hi Everyone,
FINALLY, Figured out the problem. The issue was on my Ai-Mesh Network.
And this is Why it is So important to write your config (or better have it in your signature)! You not once mentioned having AiMesh or even another router... 😅
After updating my RT-AX58U router to firmware version 3004.388.4, I noticed that many of the 5GHz Wi-Fi channels are missing.
Cannot see from the drop-down in your pic, but have you selected DFS channels..?
Not sure why my Time elapsed counter is getting reset, but... it is what it is.
(In Alpha/B did not happen, but I drop it aside, RMerlin said no

Anyway, it is not falling back for 80Mhz.
Im the winner...
Just going to Wireless-WDS (5 GHz) page, or Network Tools-Site Survey, some SSH command etc. Does that! ;)

Last edited: