What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Merlin would do another Beta to resolve this tiny things.
The Dual WAN code is too complicated for me to figure out, so I don't touch anything related to it, sorry.

Updated from 388.5, all seems to be working, but I notice on the WAN-DDNS page the "Server Certificate" status is "Unknown or processing..." and the rest of the fields are blank.
Asus completely reworked the way SSL certificates work with 24353. Their migration code seems to sometimes have trouble. See the other posts in this thread for workaround to fix it. Basically you just need to reset the SSL status by forcing the router to re-generate it.

Click Auto, and let it create certificate. Then click Free Certificate from Let's Encrypt.

Yeah, that worked for me as well.

The Dual WAN code is too complicated for me to figure out, so I don't touch anything related to it, sorry.

Asus completely reworked the way SSL certificates work with 24353. Their migration code seems to sometimes have trouble. See the other posts in this thread for workaround to fix it. Basically you just need to reset the SSL status by forcing the router to re-generate it.
This works unless dual wan load balancing is enabled.

Easy to test even if someone doesn't utilize load balancing. Just turn it on and watch SSL fail, then turn it off and watch SSL recover.

Unexciting dirty update from alpha to beta 1 on the devices in my signature.

After a dirty upgrade from 388.5 12 hours ago I am sailing smoothly across the internetocean. All IOT devices up, OVPN is working perfect!

Last edited:
Lets Encrypt didn;t work after updating 2 of my 3 AX86U routers at different locations (the third used its own Global CA Authority Cert). I had to toggle AUTO and back to Let's Encrypt under DDNS settings to work around and make it get a Lets Encrypt cert.

Also, this may have been broken in past release, but the "SITE SURVEY" part of "WIFI RADAR" doesn't seem to work on any of my 3 AX86U routers. The SCAN button does nothing. The rest like 'Channel Statistics' and 'Advanced Troubleshooting' seem to work OK.

Dirty upgrade from 388.2_2 to the 3004.388.6_beta1.

Internet working as expected. Speedtest showing normal results. IPv6 working. Wifi working on all devices. IoT devices working. SMB, FTP, Wireguard (had some issues with 2 clients that werent connecting, but got them working) and I can connect to my OpenVPN/Wireguard server's.

Skynet, Diversion, DNSCrypt and Scribe also working.

Everything seems to be stable. Core utilization goes around 30-50%, but I think it will drop down after everything sets.

@visortgw fix for DDNS worked for me.

Thank you @RMerlin!

Lets Encrypt didn;t work after updating 2 of my 3 AX86U routers at different locations (the third used its own Global CA Authority Cert). I had to toggle AUTO and back to Let's Encrypt under DDNS settings to work around and make it get a Lets Encrypt cert.

Also, this may have been broken in past release, but the "SITE SURVEY" part of "WIFI RADAR" doesn't seem to work on any of my 3 AX86U routers. The SCAN button does nothing. The rest like 'Channel Statistics' and 'Advanced Troubleshooting' seem to work OK.
Certificate changes by Asus is a known issue that needs to be addressed once. If you installed prior alpha and took care of it then, it would have been smooth sailing now.

Site Survey has never worked for me.

Site Survey has never worked for me.
Site survey has alway worked fine for me. You have to go to the "Configure" tab and "Start Data Collection".

Attachments

• 24.png
    24.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 50.png
    50.png
    54 KB · Views: 49
Sadly 160Mhz started dropping on me.
Man, that was fast...
Anyone with 160Mhz that having same issues with this new fw?

Site survey has alway worked fine for me. You have to go to the "Configure" tab and "Start Data Collection".
@Ripshod, thanks for setting me straight. It wasn't obvious to me how the interface needed to be configured. It works as designed.

Sadly 160Mhz started dropping on me.
Man, that was fast...
Anyone with 160Mhz that having same issues with this new fw?
160 MHz will drop when hit by RADAR. As it always has been, do not force 160 MHz. Use 20/40/80/160 MHz and give the 5 GHz band the opportunity to drop to 80 MHz if it needs to. It will try to go back to 160 MHz when the router clears it for 160 MHz.

Performed a dirty upgrade from the last release on my ax88u Pro. All seems ro be stable after a day. I also noticed the site survey is less glitchy that the last two builds so it looks like either the wlan drivers or tools were updated by asus. Thank you for great firmware and all your support.

@RMerlin Will we ever get the guest network pro VLAN features in a future release? it seems ro be in Asus firmware, not sure if i’m missing it in the merlin release.

@RMerlin Will we ever get the guest network pro VLAN features in a future release? it seems ro be in Asus firmware, not sure if i’m missing it in the merlin release.
That is only in the 3006.x codebase for Asus, which is only been released for a few models. Merlin is still based on 3004, which does NOT have the VLAN support that you mention.

anyone using self signed certificate and managed to get it working after updating?
I've switched to auto and when trying to upload my certificate & key it always stays stuck on auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.