What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two (2) remote sites that I manage that have RT-AX88U as primary router. I just verified QOS was NOT enabled on its own for either with the upgrade to 3004.388.6 beta1 (from 3004.388.6 alpha1).
See if Bandwidth Monitor and/or data classification is working for you. I did find a few difeerences namely bwdpi_db_enable=1 vs 0 and qos_atm=1 vs 0 but mdifying nvram and doing a commit didn't change anything. gonna try another reboot after looking around some more.

Found it!!

Under Parental Controls both Web and App Filters and and Time Schedueling were set as well, once disabled working as before. Traffic Analyzer was on and collecting statistics, turned it off but onle the disabling of the Parental Confrols shu down the BWDPi engine.

Last edited:
I upgraded firmware to 388.6beta1 and now I have new update from Asus app to "3.0.0.6_102_21514".
What to do now, upgrade or wait?
Don't use the app. It has no idea what firmware your router is truly running, and will blindly offer you whatever the app can find on Asus' server.

The network reset did help.
I guess every time there is a new drivers/ new GPL, it should be done.

Will give it couple of days, then will see about my AX56U.
1000108247.jpg
1000108249.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any chance of reviving the interface selection in Speedtest by Ookla. Having five OpenVPN clients up and running almost all the time, I find it very convenient for me to be able to test all of them from the router. Measurements on the side of Wi-Fi clients connected to the router are not as good, because they vary depending on the client and its connection. For now, this is the reason I am staying on firmware version 386.8 (it seems to be the latest supporting this feature). And it kinda still works (but does not save results in history), although I have to start the test twice or thrice from time to time to succeed. The screenshot attached is from FW 386.8 running on my RT-AX88U. Sorry if this is somewhat off topic.
Screenshot 2024-01-08 151411.png

Almost 24h, not dropping.
It is not about 160Mhz droppong because of any RADAR.
It is probably demanding a reset. Here anyway.

If anyone encounters an issue, this is a great solution.
1000108289.jpg

Hello,
so i have recently update from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6beta1 ,today i have this strange log message
first is : LCP terminated by peer, i think this error will be fixed with last ASUS GPL but seems not,
secondly is those kernel error message ??

Can any one chekc this log and explaine why all this kernel error

Attachments

• syslog (4).txt
    113 KB · Views: 18
Hello,
so i have recently update from 3004.388.5 to 3004.388.6beta1 ,today i have this strange log message
first is : LCP terminated by peer, i think this error will be fixed with last ASUS GPL but seems not,
secondly is those kernel error message ??

Can any one chekc this log and explaine why all this kernel error
That has nothing to do with this beta. The LCP messages are normal because your ISP is giving you a lease of 24 hours. The kernel messages are because you restarted the router.

That has nothing to do with this beta. The LCP messages are normal because your ISP is giving you a lease of 24 hours. The kernel messages are because you restarted the router.
So nothing to worry about, Thanks

Last edited:
After flash on RT-AX88U all pc within parental control get blocked to internet access permanently. Shedule and filter isn't appuyer anymore all is blocked like outside of sheduled time. Reverted to 388.5 and all run fine and follow the schedule and filter of parental control.

So since the update to the beta, after disabling AiProtect, QoS, Parental Controls - Web & Apps Filters and Time Schedueling again that somehow got enabeled during the update, and the BWDPI (Trend Micro) shut down, as well as renewing the Lets Encrypt Cert. Everything is back to normal and has been running solid over night. These WiFi drivers are as solid, very stable with the wifes new laptop taking full advantage of the 160Mhz bandwidth. The AX86 nodes are running great are running great as well.

Not sure how all those features/Trend Micro add ons got enabled nor why they wouldn't disable until the Parental Controls got disabled, but thats solved now.
Thanks @RMerlin for another solid release.

I wonder if there is any chance of reviving the interface selection in Speedtest by Ookla.
It was removed because it no longer worked. I have no control over the ookla test tool, it's closed source.

I wonder if there is any chance of reviving the interface selection in Speedtest by Ookla. Having five OpenVPN clients up and running almost all the time, I find it very convenient for me to be able to test all of them from the router. Measurements on the side of Wi-Fi clients connected to the router are not as good, because they vary depending on the client and its connection. For now, this is the reason I am staying on firmware version 386.8 (it seems to be the latest supporting this feature). And it kinda still works (but does not save results in history), although I have to start the test twice or thrice from time to time to succeed. The screenshot attached is from FW 386.8 running on my RT-AX88U. Sorry if this is somewhat off topic.
View attachment 55368
Look into using spdmerlin AddOn (install via amtm in ssh)-- it allows you to select one or more interfaces.

Last edited:
somehow my external open-vpn client (AC86U) does not connect anymore.(server AX86U). definitely worked with alpha before upgrade to beta. downgrading didnt make a difference. havent been able yet to be check on client side, so might no be related to beta - but wanted to mention it.

Last edited:
somehow my external open-vpn client (AC86U) does not connect anymore.(server AX86U). definitely worked with alpha before upgrade to beta. downgrading didnt make a difference. havent been able yet to be check on client side, so might no be related to beta - but wanted to mention it.
What is the error message?

The issue is unlikely to be related to the firmware, nothing was changed for OpenVPN.

I have an ASUS ET8 and am currently running 3004.388.4-gnuton1

I want to bring it up to .6 but can't remember which package I need to download from the Merlin site. I believe its the RT-AX92 one but want to make sure before I brick my routers. :)

Thanks!

388.6_b1 running on my GT-AX6000 main/AP combo for 24 hours without issue. It took a few tries to get the Let's Encrypt certificate applied by doing the "auto" approach to trigger. It appears that the process was waiting for the DDNS assignment to complete which was delayed due to a busy DDNS server.

Status
Not open for further replies.