What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 Beta 1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Could be a browser cacheing issue, or a timing issue. I had it happen only once to me, every other times it's been fine.

I don't think you can. I haven't really played much with this notification code however, Asus is still refining it between firmware releases from what I saw.

Well, for me the missing reboot 'spinner' was 2 for 2....

With respect to the warning explanation point....I hope they change it. Warnings should be for something needing attention, not because someone disagrees with a valid configuration option. Force me to acknowledge the warning if you want, then drop it.

For now, I've dropped back to 40_Beta3. I'll look again when the next beta comes out.

Hi

Its just me? I see nothing under CONNECTION tab in System Log,no udp an tcp Actives adress until a press REFRESH,and if a im switching page and return to under Tab Connections.. if must REFRESH again to see Active Connections again
374.40 no need refresh

Thanx :D

374.41 beta1

That page always worked that way. You must press Refresh, then wait for it to complete.

Concerning this new beta. My AC68 does NOT show any mentions for 'master browser' and 'wins server' in the system log. I have checked with samba on and off, usb-stick in and out. All the boxes are checked.

It's just not dumped in syslog anymore.

Code:
more /tmp/var/log.nmbd

Might be something Asus changed in recent releases, I haven't noticed the code responsible for it.

Well, for me the missing reboot 'spinner' was 2 for 2....

With respect to the warning explanation point....I hope they change it. Warnings should be for something needing attention, not because someone disagrees with a valid configuration option. Force me to acknowledge the warning if you want, then drop it.

For now, I've dropped back to 40_Beta3. I'll look again when the next beta comes out.

Are you serious? Why bother about it?
Is the router webgui your startpage or the only page you visit? How often will you see this yellow examination mark?
And do you reboot your router once every minute?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Upgrade

Hi guys...

Single doubt...Do I need to do a hard-reset and reconfigure my RT-N66U from 374_35_4 to Beta 374_41.

Any special advice or new functionality I need to care about ?

Thanks.

Single doubt...Do I need to do a hard-reset and reconfigure my RT-N66U from 374_35_4 to Beta 374_41.
Any special advice or new functionality I need to care about ?
Read the Readme file in the downloaded firmware.

It's just not dumped in syslog anymore.

Code:
more /tmp/var/log.nmbd

Might be something Asus changed in recent releases, I haven't noticed the code responsible for it.
It's still working the same on my RT-N66U. Messages go to both /tmp/var/log/nmbd.log and syslog.

Does this firmware contains all the fixes/features release in ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5517?

Thanks

Does this firmware contains all the fixes/features release in ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5517?

Thanks

Considering the firmware was just released no. But by the looks of it a lot of the changelog of .5517 were from the two previous releases so when the GPL is released the merge will happen so it is more then likely a few days/weeks away depending on how busy Merlin is. Got to cut the guy some slack :p

I can wait :)

I just want to flash Merlin's firmware contains the latest code for my routers. I also notice in the past that he releases the fixes earlier than Asus.

Is the weird traffic monitoring issue (24h, monthly) fixed in this release (RT-N66U) ?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Merlin firmware on EA6700

Hi All!

I've managed to run Asus RT-AC68U firmware on Linksys EA6900 by flashing custom Asus bootloader (CFE v1.0.1.6).
Now I really happy with Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 Beta 1 firmware on EA6900. Everything works without any issues.

Thank You, Merlin, for best firmware!

I also managed to flash my EA6700 with Merlin's 374.41 beta 1. It already had dd-wrt, so I was able to flash straight from there via firmware upgrade. Everything worked except the 5ghz AC - it did not show the AC option, only regular N. An interesting thing is Merlin's build increased the USB 3.0 speed to 25mbps+ on a 2TB NTFS partitioned drive - something dd-wrt has not accomplished on Asus AC68U or Netgear's R7000 (I have both) - using NTFS.

I have error in Time Machine:
"The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

Also my ext HDD never stops spinning...

I can wait :)

I just want to flash Merlin's firmware contains the latest code for my routers.

That will no longer be the case. Too often, new releases from Asus introduce new bugs that only show up after a few days, so I am no longer immediately merging new releases from Asus. I'm giving 1-2 weeks for new releases from Asus to get tested by users before I commit to them.

374.41 final will remain based on 374_5047, which contains the vast majority (if not all) the security fixes of this new release. I assume Asus fixed WOL in this new release, which I had already fixed on my end anyway.

Is the weird traffic monitoring issue (24h, monthly) fixed in this release (RT-N66U) ?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Not on the changelog, therefore no, I haven't fixed it.

An interesting thing is Merlin's build increased the USB 3.0 speed to 25mbps+ on a 2TB NTFS partitioned drive - something dd-wrt has not accomplished on Asus AC68U or Netgear's R7000 (I have both) - using NTFS.

Asuswrt's Paragon NTFS driver is way faster than the open-sourced NTFS-3G driver used by DD-WRT and Tomato.

This driver has only be licensed by Asus for their own routers however, so technically, running these (and all the rest of Asus's proprietary code) on a Netgear router isn't exactly legally kosher.

I have error in Time Machine:
"The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

Proprietary Apple technology. 'Nuff said.

Also my ext HDD never stops spinning...

Support depends on the USB enclosure as well as the HDD firmware.

I'm aware this is a beta testing firmware. But my question is this will not affect my Wi-Fi range right? (If this has been posted before sorry I can't be bothered to look through again)

Just wanted to make sure because I'm starting to have a very very minor issue while page loading on 374.39 build (not often)

Sent from my iPhone

I'm aware this is a beta testing firmware. But my question is this will not affect my Wi-Fi range right? (If this has been posted before sorry I can't be bothered to look through again)

Just wanted to make sure because I'm starting to have a very very minor issue while page loading on 374.39 build (not often)

Not knowing which router model you are talking about, it's impossible to tell what kind of impact (if any) this build would have for your specific router over 374.39.

Not knowing which router model you are talking about, it's impossible to tell what kind of impact (if any) this build would have for your specific router over 374.39.

Oh sorry I forgot to mention my router I'm using AC66U. This doesn't happen often it's usually at night but then again it could be my crappy TalkTalk Fibre

Sent from my iPhone

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!