What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, it has to be a 'clean' reapply without any changes to work. FYI...I've also seen this on the 43-2 release on occasion but was never able to track down a specific way to recreate.

Yes, it has to be a 'clean' reapply without any changes to work. FYI...I've also seen this on the 43-2 release on occasion but was never able to track down a specific way to recreate.

u know what i will give it a try now

didn't work too :( , I when i put the Channel bandwidth to 20/40/80 it goes to channel 161 but reduces the link speed to 270 or 300 . I used to get 585 or 650 at the same location using 43-2

Back to 43-2 again :D

If you ever feel like trying it again.....try with Wireless Mode set to Auto instead of N+AC.....

Sorry it didn't help you out.....

When 5 radio is off the wireless log still says 2.4 disabled.
Didn't in the official Asus firmware

In my log is see entry:

"Failed to update a directory index entry of inode 0x7ee0 because the filename was not found in its parent directory index"

I think this error is connected with new Tuxera NTFS driver, bacause in previous ver. all was OK.

AC66U upgraded from .43 to 44. CPU status is pegged at 100%. If I disconnect the attached FAT32 USB-drive, the CPU drops and fluctuates between 0 and 50% as expected. Reboot and/or reconnect drive and the CPU is pegged at 100% again.

UPDATE: Problem appears to be related to the MediaServer: if I turn off the MediaServer, CPU levels drop to normal.

UPDATE: Turned out to be due to the (re-)scanning of the entire MediaServer content. After 20 minutes the scan was complete and the CPU dropped to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
AC68U updated to .44. Noticed that on wireless 5G band if I manually specify N+AC only, the wireless devices only connect at N speed (130mps). When I set to Auto, devices connect back at AC speed.

AC68U updated to .44. Noticed that on wireless 5G band if I manually specify N+AC only, the wireless devices only connect at N speed (130mps). When I set to Auto, devices connect back at AC speed.

+1. Tested this and verified the same behaviour on my AC66U.

Thought I had a problem with the device for a minute... Yea my AC mode doesn't work when set to N+AC on AC66U

Last edited:
376.44 RT-N66U

Hello all,

I flashed 376.44 from 374.43 and then performed a factory default reset. However it doesnt seem to load my 3TB Seagate USB drive. It keeps saying its unmounted. I even disconnected the drive, rebooted the router and then connected it again, but still no luck. Anyone else got this issue?

Strange as ive never had this problem before when flashing updates.

EDIT: Somehow its come back. :confused:
EDIT2: It sees the drive but it keeps saying its unmounted

Regards

Avi

Last edited:
My router RT-AC87R is responding to ping requests even though "Respond to ping request from WAN" is set to no. Anyone else notice this ?

P.S. Thanks for all your work Merlin.

Not only does the N+AC does not allow AC connections, there is something that is seriously wrong on the wireless front.

Wireless connection speed are significantly lower with firmware 44. At locations where I routinely get 867Mbps connections (on dual antennae desktop, laptops, and my Samsung Galaxy S5) , I am getting 236/53X Mbps now with mode set to Auto.

And when channels are set to 161, I am getting max of 433Mbps connections on all 2x2 and 3x3 clients as well.......

Does not seem right at all!

Not only does the N+AC does not allow AC connections, there is something that is seriously wrong on the wireless front.

Wireless connection speed are significantly lower with firmware 44. At locations where I routinely get 867Mbps connections (on dual antennae desktop, laptops, and my Samsung Galaxy S5) , I am getting 236/53X Mbps now with mode set to Auto.

And when channels are set to 161, I am getting max of 433Mbps connections on all 2x2 and 3x3 clients as well.......

Does not seem right at all!

I just reflashed back to 374.43.2 and the same behaviour sticks even after I reverted to 43.2!!!!!:(:(:(:(

PS. On my other AC66u, the wireless performance is back after performing a factory reset post reverting back to 43.0

Last edited:
im getting the following when using my 4tb Samsung D3 station on 376.44 final

Code:
ntfsck 3014.5.21
Checking NTFS Superblock ...
Device name        : /dev/sda1
NTFS volume version: 3.1
Cluster size       : 4096 bytes
Current volume size: 4000776192000 bytes (4000777 MB)
Current device size: 4000776192000 bytes (4000777 MB)
Checking for bad sectors ...
Scanning $MFT ...
Current index position exceeds index bitmap size.
Checking directory structure ...
Corrupt directory found, inode=4481 (0x1181)
Repairing corrupt directories started.
  0.00 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Current index position exceeds index bitmap size.
Repairing corrupt directories completed.
Corrupt directory found, inode=4505 (0x1199)
Repairing corrupt directories started.
  0.00 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
this seems to be endless.
Repairing corrupt directories completed.
Checking for orphaned files ...
  0.00 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Scanning orphaned files completed.
Checking attributes ...
  0.00 percent completed
100.00 percent completed
Failed to calloc 122094000 bytes: Cannot allocate memory
Checking cluster allocation ...
ERROR(12): Failed to setup allocation bitmap: Cannot allocate memory
Syncing device ...

works fine on 374, rolling back for now. appreciate your hard work though.

This is the firmware attempting to run a filesystem check, and failing because your hard disk is too large for the amount of RAM available on the router.

The same thing would happen with the Paragon version as well, it just never had to run one most likely.

Hello all,

I flashed 376.44 from 374.43 and then performed a factory default reset. However it doesnt seem to load my 3TB Seagate USB drive. It keeps saying its unmounted. I even disconnected the drive, rebooted the router and then connected it again, but still no luck. Anyone else got this issue?

Strange as ive never had this problem before when flashing updates.

EDIT: Somehow its come back. :confused:
EDIT2: It sees the drive but it keeps saying its unmounted

Regards

Avi

Now I keep getting this error:

"Errors have been detected on your hard drive. Remove any damaged files or use a PC to correct system issues." Under the disk utility scan:confused:

My router RT-AC87R is responding to ping requests even though "Respond to ping request from WAN" is set to no. Anyone else notice this ?

P.S. Thanks for all your work Merlin.

Don't test it from within your LAN or when you have a VPN client connected. Both bypasses the firewall.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!