What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.46 is out (RT-AC87 only)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe you should break this out into a separate thread to avoid confusing people?

I'm sure you noted that the Wireless driver version was blank.....

That could indicate the module fails to load. We'll see what happens when it gets inserted.

I doubt this will get much further unless you feel like trying to get it to work, in which case I will split the topic.

Try running this over SSH:

Code:
modprobe wl
dmesg | tail -n 20

I'm curious to see what happens there.

result.

router3.png

Just a little help

I realize this is a question of choice or relevance to most, but I have 2 macs running AC, the new iPhone running AC, and I have 500mbs download and upload speeds served to the house. I use the WRT1900ac and I am pleasantly happy with it obtaining about 440 download speeds wirelessly to my mac. But here is my issue, whenever something feels like it's "hanging", and I know it could be on the web address's server side, I wonder if the WRT1900 is glitching. I am pleased with the device but can anyone tell me if I am missing BIG THINGS with the 87R with merlin's firmware? One thing I really dislike about the WRT1900 is that it doesn't support time machine backups and I do keep a usb drive connected to the router for this purpose. It would be much easier with the 87R. Anyhow, just don't want to waste my time to go swap it out if for example, the "N" speeds are less than the Linksys because on any given day I can have 30 clients connected to this router, and of course mostly N or even 2.4ghz clients. THANKS in advance. FIRST POST ON SMALLNETBUILDER!

So do I. But I would like to use this Asus "Feature" and would appreciate if you, the reviewers here, or other users have tested it to determine if it works or is borked.

I don't use Download Master. I run my torrents from my desktop.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!