What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm still hoping one of the monitors will be upgraded to support actual IP info.

Tomato currently shows
dLj4K9f.jpg

Latest Merlin beta shows
kJgXRBb.jpg

It's close :)

Hi, all, sorry if this was already reported, i saw that even that in client status, the name of a client was set correctly, in the wireless log section, the name is not showed at all. My router is ac87u running beta2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The client list only shows a description, while the wireless page actually shows the device's hostname. The two are not necessarily the same.

In a future release I will either remove that ability since it's confusing everyone, or enforce the use of a valid hostname instead of a description so it can be used as a valid hostname. In the meantime, consider anything entered on the networkmap client as being just a description that's only used by the client list itself. Since Asus were still working on this feature in the past few weeks, I don't want to waste my time making changes to it that might have to be re-designed two weeks later.

No, as it is forbidden by the FCC's new rules, so Asus removed all the firmware code that handled reconfiguring the output and antenna gain for anything over 80mW.

Hi Merin...

Do you know what's the last firmware capable of doing that on the RT-AC87R?

Thanks!

D.

Hi Merin...

Do you know what's the last firmware capable of doing that on the RT-AC87R?

None that I'm aware of. The new FCC rules were announced last spring, and Asus implemented them during the summer. The RT-AC87U launched this autumn.

Disk sharing is not officially supported in AP mode AFAIK, only in router mode.
OK, just curious as to why it works on AC66 and not AC87. Feels like there might be a simple solution if the startup of samba could be delayed a little bit. But I understand if you don't want to waste time on unsupported configurations. I can always learn how to make a custom boot script and restart samba later in the boot cycle I guess.

Firmware version

Hi,

I have a problem. After uprade to version 378.50 beta 2 and factory reset, router still says the version 376.49_0. How do I identify what is actually version in the router? Router AC66U.

Thank
Petr

Last edited:
FWIW I've always used the disk sharing feature without problems in AP mode on the N66, AC66 and now on the AC68.

Seems to be just a problem on the AC87.

Thanks for the new releases Mr Merlin.

I'll leave it to you to figure out what's special about this build (it should be fairly visible ;) )

Traffic Analyzer - but right after turn on webgui says that "Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh." but unfortunately it does not :/

Last edited:
Traffic Analyzer - but right after turn on webgui says that "Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh." but unfortunately it does not :/

Having the same issue. As soon as I enter the "Trafic Analyzer" page the router gets into some kind of endless loop. Nothing happens after the page "Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh."...

Everything else works, but just dont go to "Trafic Analayzer" .... =)
Using FireFox. (latest)

General question...

Hi,

When I read that the Quantenna driver was updated I saw that the driver number was lower than with 376.49_5 (Quantenna: 37.7.3.23)

Could anyone with more insight than me just comment if I have the "correct" driver/version.

and the second question is the USB3 interference function recommended to have activated or not? I think I have read there is some bugs with that function.

I have an Asus rt87U

Regards,
Christian

Attachments

• asus87.PNG
    asus87.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 681
A strange issue on beta 2 on my AC-Rt68U using Firefox latest. Logging out produces the log in screen - cancel doesn't work neither does trying to close the message window - the message just keeps coming back.

Re-entering the log in account and password does enable me to log out.

Not seen this before on any build.

for me it works, using the Safari on ipad... of course, first time it was a problem with VPN PPTP connection, but after cleaning the nvram (WPS method)and rebuild manually all configuration, it works!! Now, is still working... I'll keep you posted about the evolution. P.S. The traffic Analyzer feature is the best gift for me!!! Thank you , RMerlin!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]. AC87U beta 3 ta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's why it's not enabled in the regular builds - it's still a work-in-progress from Asus. Try enabling Apps Analysis under AiQoS -> Bandwidth Monitor and see if it helps.

If it still fails, try accessing the page an hour or two later, after it has started gathering some data.

Also note that this feature requires the JFFS2 partition to be enabled (one of the reasons why it's now enabled by default - you DID do a factory default reset when you first installed the beta, right?). Asus is starting to make use of that partition for various features now. Traffic Analyzer is one. The (still unfinished) custom icon selection on the networkmap will be another.

Hi,

When I read that the Quantenna driver was updated I saw that the driver number was lower than with 376.49_5 (Quantenna: 37.7.3.23)

Could anyone with more insight than me just comment if I have the "correct" driver/version.

and the second question is the USB3 interference function recommended to have activated or not? I think I have read there is some bugs with that function.

The driver is definitely newer. I suspect that the ".3" in the version number simply indicated a different code branch. The first and the last digits are probably what matters. Just like for a while Asus had a 3.1.x.xxx beta release for the RT-N66U on their website - that "1" merely indicated it was from a beta branch.

Leave the USB 3 interference setting disabled. Otherwise, some HDDs will fail to be recognized at all, and the others will be downgraded to USB 2.0 performance.

The driver is definitely newer. I suspect that the ".3" in the version number simply indicated a different code branch. The first and the last digits are probably what matters. Just like for a while Asus had a 3.1.x.xxx beta release for the RT-N66U on their website - that "1" merely indicated it was from a beta branch.

Leave the USB 3 interference setting disabled. Otherwise, some HDDs will fail to be recognized at all, and the others will be downgraded to USB 2.0 performance.

Sorry RMerlin, i am a little confused. If the first and last digits matter, then your 378.50 firmwares are running an older quantenna driver as 378.50 carries v36.7.0.31.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!