What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

perfect

No code change at all. beta3b was compiled right after I merged 4129 in.

Code:
commit 0669660b5b037f9c34c5e644ce2d23aa7d67fc06
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Fri Feb 6 21:42:08 2015 -0500

Tagged version with _ta

commit 751831697c33f4e73297b512508935f209c6e74c
Merge: 8f9dc6e 91d4c78
Date:   Fri Feb 6 21:41:13 2015 -0500

Merge branch 'master' into analyzer

Conflicts:
        README-merlin.txt

commit 91d4c78d5fe3ed6d596d14dad4a90e6ab42314ae
Date:   Fri Feb 6 20:39:18 2015 -0500

Bumped revision to 378.50 final

commit 8f9dc6e8465b920126a0dc675a2f8d8cec5d1051
Date:   Fri Feb 6 02:07:54 2015 -0500

Updated documentation

commit 64690f95070d23c5bc765e76ed0d2943d1c66e7b
Merge: e49f601 5093494
Date:   Fri Feb 6 02:06:20 2015 -0500

Merge branch 'master' into analyzer

commit 50934942b9206eaa95b5fdd2e1075d517b48703c
Date:   Fri Feb 6 02:04:43 2015 -0500

Merged with GPL 378_4129

commit 48912a295b8e8543fad49904367d6b016e0c881d
Date:   Thu Feb 5 23:58:10 2015 -0500

Reverting in favor of upstream version.

Perfect, so if you want the Analyzer use the beta that is the only difference than, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR WORK.

CC

Only thing I can think of off my head is port forwarding, try going to canyouseeme.org in the port you use. If it fails you will need to go to the wan section in your router and open the port to the camera's IP.

I did check All the cameras Ports on and I get:

Success: I can see your service on xx.xxx.xx.xx on port (8153)
Your ISP is not blocking port 8153
(all checked out the same)

I'm sure missing something in the AC87U settings, any other ideas?

NO NO, NO

Just for the fun of it....

Factory reset after upgrading the firmware.

Start fresh, typing in your settings, just like the router came out of the box.

Seriously? I have tons of mac filters, qos settings, etc. that I'd have to re-enter. I may just hold off on this one.

Must have been a temporary or an ISP issue, because for most people it downloads at pretty high speed (it maxes out my 30 Mbits connection here).

Firmware downloads generate 500-700 GB of traffic per month. I can't put these files just anywhere, so I'm paying for the file locker that gave the best performance when I looked for one. Other file lockers are plagued with ads, even slower speeds (capping at 30/50 KB/s for downloaders without an account), Captcha and other unwanted critters.

Have you tried Google drive? It's free and you can use as much traffic as you like... You get 25 gigs storage for free and with 1.99 a month you get 125 gigs of storage if you need(and higher is available)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Have you tried Google drive? It's free and you can use as much traffic as you like... You get 25 gigs storage for free and with 1.99 a month you get 125 gigs of storage if you need(and higher is available)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apparently google drive does have a limit :(

I think a torrent option would be good personally. I'm sure a few people that use the firmware would not mind seeding it as an alternative download option, i just looked and the whole mediafire directory is about 3.7GB. Im sure that nothing to those that are running seedboxes.

httpd disappeared 378_50_ta on AC87R

I have had the 378_50_ta running since Merlin released it. It's been running great. The only issue I found is that this afternoon the httpd process was gone and I could not go into the UI. I have been reviewing the traffic analyzer. Walked away from the computer for about a hour came back and it was gone. I rebooted the router and everything was ok again.

In hindsight I should have gone into syslog to see if there was a message but I didn't and the active log didn't service the reboot using the "reboot" command when I connected via telnet.

Has anyone else seen the httpd die on their routers running the ta version?

Hi,

I updated my two routers (see footer) to the current version today. So far so good: Everything seems to work as needed. And yes, I did a reset of the settings to factory default! :eek:

But now I have the (regular) log entries on my AC68U device:
Strating with kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent, then come some messages from IDPfw: TrendMicro, dnsmasq exiting on receipt of SIGTERM and firewall restarts.

Any ideas what this means? Do I need to do something here? Or, how can I get rid of the issue? :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

PS.: Can't post the log as it's blocked by CloudFlare...

I did check All the cameras Ports on and I get:

Success: I can see your service on xx.xxx.xx.xx on port (8153)
Your ISP is not blocking port 8153
(all checked out the same)

I'm sure missing something in the AC87U settings, any other ideas?

I went to Administration>System> and the Time Was Not set to my local one. Fixed that and the cameras came ON. Does this make sense?

378.50, is not successfully upgrading for me. Currently running 376.49_5, on an RT-AC68U. SHA-256 hash checks okay. Here's the response I receive...

FWFail.JPG

Thanks,

- ExITpro -

small bug
Traffic Manager/Traffic montor/Real Time. When i try view eg. Wireless i see it only for 1s, and view is back to Ethernet WAN view. This issue is only on IE11, on ff work ok.

btw.
@RMerlin
is possible to add scheduler for "Stealth Mode" ? LED is disturb only night :)

small bug
Traffic Manager/Traffic montor/Real Time. When i try view eg. Wireless i see it only for 1s, and view is back to Ethernet WAN view. This issue is only on IE11, on ff work ok.

I see something similar in Chrome if I have two windows pointing to traffic monitor on my RT-AC87U. If I switch to "wired" in the first window, the second window switches from WAN to wired a couple of second later. I'm pretty sure it did not use to do that.

RT-AC87U with Merlin's 378.50 (and the previous betas):

In the traffic monitor, my daily WAN traffic stats are weird. It seems like my LAN-only traffic is actually being counted as WAN traffic.

With 376.49 my WAN traffic on my router matched very closely the traffic usage reported by my ISP.

Now my router is reporting way more traffic than my ISP, especially in the transmit direction.

Is anyone else seeing something similar.

Resetting and reconfiguring from scratch did not help. It's not a deal-breaker since I still see my actual WAN usage via my ISP, but it's kind of annoying nonetheless. I suppose it could be some combination of features I'm using, like per-IP monitoring. I don't know.

Apparently google drive does have a limit :(

I think a torrent option would be good personally. I'm sure a few people that use the firmware would not mind seeding it as an alternative download option, i just looked and the whole mediafire directory is about 3.7GB. Im sure that nothing to those that are running seedboxes.
Or maybe MEGA would be also great. Mediafire in Europe is usually unusable... MEGA has a bandwith limit, but it's actually always on 0GB. They don't care about it

Last edited:
I'm talking about the RT-N66U. Is there any change in wifi performance?

I am also interested in this.

I am running v7 of John's 374.43 fork on an RT-N66U

Anyone tried comparing WiFi performance on the RT-N66 with 378.50 and John's fork?

I am also interested in this.

I am running v7 of John's 374.43 fork on an RT-N66U

Anyone tried comparing WiFi performance on the RT-N66 with 378.50 and John's fork?

Stick with the Fork if you dont want your signal and range to drop.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!