What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I test the WAN side the same way I test it locally,I just type in in the browser.
locally I see my share folder and files, over the WAN it times out.
I have try this with 2 different boardband connection.
no script is in use.

I recently flashed this version over the newest tomato shibby version. Then I reset to factory defaults. Everything seems to be working okay, except one thing. When I enable ipv6, the router applies the settings and then says complete, but the complete dialog box never goes away. After that I am unable to access the router or the internet. I turned the router off and on again, and once it booted ipv6 was enabled (and it worked, too).

I test the WAN side the same way I test it locally,I just type in in the browser.
locally I see my share folder and files, over the WAN it times out.
I have try this with 2 different boardband connection.
no script is in use.
Okey, then I don't know just now. There must be any config problem, try to erase nvram and only test ftp after that and se if it's working then. Download a real FTP program to test with and not a browser.
I'm using ftp with SSL/TLS and without and can connect from LAN and WAN side with metode describe above.

Dropbox sync on AC66U is also no longer working for me. Downgrading did not help at all. I get an error "page not found", and when i want to check the app-autorization in my Dropbox control Center, and click on 3ProSync (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f92b201e13hagxs/RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374_0-g3a0f4d4.trx) i get an error that the file is missing (Error 404).

I tried another dropbox account, tried flashing the router to DD-WRT and back to Asuswrt-Merlin, to no avail. I cannot understand why using a Firmware where dropbox sync worked does not cure the Problem? Perhaps it is on the Dropbox-side, and i should contact their support?

Are there any alternatives (custom scripts?) which could be used instead of AiCloud to do the same Job (i know there is a bash script for Tomato, but i would like to stay on Asuswrt-Merlin)? Running a PC to do this is out of the question, i am talking of GBs per day on a VDSL-line with 3 MBps upstream, so uploads take a while and usually run overnight (lots of photos and personal Videos)...

Dropbox sync on AC66U is also no longer working for me. Downgrading did not help at all. I get an error "page not found", and when i want to check the app-autorization in my Dropbox control Center, and click on 3ProSync (https://www.dropbox.com/s/f92b201e13hagxs/RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374_0-g3a0f4d4.trx) i get an error that the file is missing (Error 404).

I tried another dropbox account, tried flashing the router to DD-WRT and back to Asuswrt-Merlin, to no avail. I cannot understand why using a Firmware where dropbox sync worked does not cure the Problem? Perhaps it is on the Dropbox-side, and i should contact their support?

It's possible that Dropbox made changes to the protocol, which breaks unofficial Dropbox clients such as the one Asus wrote. If that's the case there's little that can be done until Asus catches up with any Dropbox changes (assuming they can, of course - I don't think Dropbox offers an official SDK for third party developers).

I turned to the Dropbox developer support, and they suggest something in the sync app might be wrong:

"Thanks for following up with the additional information. It's very helpful. It looks like there may be a misconfiguration of the app or a incompatibility with how the app and the Dropbox API are interacting, but in either case we'll need to investigate it with the app's developers. Please contact the support organization for the app letting them know about the issue and ask them to reach out to us (via https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact ) if they haven't already so we can work with them on this".

Can you perhaps point Asus there to get in touch with them, it seems their client needs some work to be done. Also, can perhaps someone with stock firmware which supports Dropbox in Aicloud (AC-87U i think) check if Dropbox is working on it?

I have tested the following three T-Mobile Wifi hotspots as fall over USB modems on my N66U and they all worked with this version of Merlin's firmware. The default settings with no need to make any selection from the pull down list. Router recognized device and connected with no configuration needed other than setting up dual WAN.

ZTE Model MF96 (Available very cheaply but replacement batteries don't seem to be available anywhere.)
Samsung V100T SM
ZTE Model Z915

I have tested the following three T-Mobile Wifi hotspots as fall over USB modems on my N66U and they all worked with this version of Merlin's firmware. The default settings with no need to make any selection from the pull down list. Router recognized device and connected with no configuration needed other than setting up dual WAN.

ZTE Model MF96 (Available very cheaply but replacement batteries don't seem to be available anywhere.)
Samsung V100T SM
ZTE Model Z915

Do you know if the ZTE Model Z915 works with the official ASUS firmwares?

Samsung V100T SM
ZTE Model Z915

I'm at my wit's end trying to make my N68 Asus router work with the ZTE Model MF96 Sonic 2.0. I've tried pretty much everything with Merlin and latest Asus firmwares. Here is what I noticed: Trying to run the MF96 with stock 192.168.0.1 router IP does not work. It constantly showed disconnected. The trick was to change my router's IP address to 192.168.2.1 and then I was able to get the USB device to show connected and return a WAN side IP address to the Asus. I'm now able to connect to the management UI for the MF96 through the Asus. The problem! I cannot get any internet traffic to route through the MF96. All internet pings/tracerts timeout. Though I can bypass the Asus at any time, connect directly to the MF96 and get internet traffic.

Also when I pinged Asus Tech support, they told me that the ZTE MF96 is not supported.

Any ideas? Would appreciate it.

I'm at my wit's end trying to make my N68 Asus router work with the ZTE Model MF96 Sonic 2.0. I've tried pretty much everything with Merlin and latest Asus firmwares. Here is what I noticed: Trying to run the MF96 with stock 192.168.0.1 router IP does not work. It constantly showed disconnected. The trick was to change my router's IP address to 192.168.2.1 and then I was able to get the USB device to show connected and return a WAN side IP address to the Asus. I'm now able to connect to the management UI for the MF96 through the Asus. The problem! I cannot get any internet traffic to route through the MF96. All internet pings/tracerts timeout. Though I can bypass the Asus at any time, connect directly to the MF96 and get internet traffic.

Also when I pinged Asus Tech support, they told me that the ZTE MF96 is not supported.

Any ideas? Would appreciate it.

You might want to try the latest firmware available (Sept 30, 2015).

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/