What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm based in Hong Kong where I am subscribed to 1000mb fiber optic internet.
I'm using AC87U router and was on .48 firmware before upgrading to .50.

On my iMac, which is connected via a Cisco switch to the router, I used to be able to get approximately 800mb download speed on speedtest.net. After the upgrade, I am now getting around 350mb on average.
I have the same problems with DD-WRT as well as tomato firmware but never on Merlin firmware. This is the first time.

I suppose I can downgrade the firmware but would like to know if anybody else had this same problem?
No issues, I'm getting 930 Mbps on speedtest.net with 378.50.
Did you reset and reconfigure the settings after the upgrade as suggested?

dd-wrt and tomato don't have NAT Acceleration, you won't be getting much in the terms of speed because of this.

This build introduces a pretty long list of changes. [...] a factory default reset is required, followed by a manual reconfiguration of your settings.

Last edited:
I didn't experience any 5GHz wifi drop when surfing on devices, which i used to experience on 3885 official FW, as well as previous beta builds. Really good!

however, i did notice something weird, my devices which are in sleep mode, will constantly disconnect by themselves and reconnect back to the network. I notice this when i look at the system log with many of such lines appearing "dnsmasq-dhcp[1695]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.13"

In addition, under wireless log, i can see the 'connected time' for those devices keep reseting, hence, showing that the devices have disconnected and reconnected.

Anyone having the same issue?

Do you have the NAT acceleration enabled? What's the status of it?

You're a star! I enabled the IPTraffic feature without knowing that this will actually disable the hardware acceleration. Something new learnt today!

Thanks for the pointer to check this out.

Thank you for new 378_50 build.

- I have just updated two of RT-AC68U and now CFE updating working to 1.0.2.0.
- HW acceleration Enabled (CTF only) is only one displayed now.
- VSFTPD is working with downgrading version, have to reconfigured my vsftpd.conf file because it not starting.
- Overall everything working just fine ! :)

Octopus

By "factory reset," does that mean it's okay to click the "Restore" button in the firmware to return it to factory settings? Or do I need to do some kind of reset where I hold down the physical buttons on the router for some period of time? Thanks!

By "factory reset," does that mean it's okay to click the "Restore" button in the firmware to return it to factory settings? Or do I need to do some kind of reset where I hold down the physical buttons on the router for some period of time? Thanks!

Restore should be fine

Thanks Merlin for the 378.50 firmware..

installed 378.50_ta-dpi firmware on my AC56U.. all seems fine, Wireless, Traffic Analyzer works just fine, as well as AiProtection.

RT-AC56U (OC 1000,533)
Bootloader v1.0.2.3
378.50_ta-dpi

It's only me that i have problems with "No data in table." in traffic monitor?
These are my settings:
daily.png

monthly.png

tools.png

file.png

It's a way to resolve these problem?
With asus firmware, tomato and dd-wrt I don't have this problem.

I think you have to wait 24 hours here so something shows

RT-AC87U with Merlin's 378.50 (and the previous betas):

In the traffic monitor, my daily WAN traffic stats are weird. It seems like my LAN-only traffic is actually being counted as WAN traffic.

With 376.49 my WAN traffic on my router matched very closely the traffic usage reported by my ISP.

Now my router is reporting way more traffic than my ISP, especially in the transmit direction.

Is anyone else seeing something similar.

Last edited:
Quick question. I'm running the ta-dpi build for the AC56U, as I did with beta1 and beta2. I can't really remember what it was before, but my CPU temp seems alarmingly high. The router isn't doing much of anything right now, no external USB drives hooked up and it's at a flat 76 degrees. The 2.4 hovers ~46 and the 5ghz radio ~53. Do these numbers seem normal? I also don't have any features enabled, no SMB, no traffic monitoring, no QOS, VPN off, Firewall default.

I have upgraded from 376.45, did factory reset and installed Astrill via telnet (wget command). Since then there are no graphic icons next menu item under "general".

WjUaE2T.png

I tried to reinstall everything but it is the same.

Quick question. I'm running the ta-dpi build for the AC56U, as I did with beta1 and beta2. I can't really remember what it was before, but my CPU temp seems alarmingly high. The router isn't doing much of anything right now, no external USB drives hooked up and it's at a flat 76 degrees. The 2.4 hovers ~46 and the 5ghz radio ~53. Do these numbers seem normal? I also don't have any features enabled, no SMB, no traffic monitoring, no QOS, VPN off, Firewall default.

I have AiProtection and Traffic analyzer enabled, with the CPU overclocked to 1Ghz, and my current temps are..
2.4 GHz: 51°C - 5 GHz: 53°C - CPU: 71°C

This thing must probably be seen as a bug - there's still setting "Off(default)", which cannot be selected (Wireless -> Professional -> 5 GHz)?

It is obviously "by design", but then "Off" could not be the default as stated in UI. Might be shortcoming of Asus code?

Attachments

• 2015-02-08-00-10-04.png
    2015-02-08-00-10-04.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 774
I have upgraded from 376.45, did factory reset and installed Astrill via telnet (wget command). Since then there are no graphic icons next menu item under "general".

I tried to reinstall everything but it is the same.

You will have to contact Astrill. In 378, Asus modified the way the menu icons were handled at the CSS level - most likely Astril will have to update their installer to match the new method.

Traffic analyzer not working in rt-n66u.

User not reading the first post is the actual issue. Or any of the 3-4 posts in this thread about this very same question, sorry...

Attention:

The Traffic Analyser is ONLY available in the Experimental Builds

Please read Merlin's post to confirm.

Could i ask you delete any posts related to the TA being missing, as this will keep the thread smaller.

Thanks

Traffic Analyser, nuff said.