What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since some people were spooked enough that I can't repeat the experience, I thought I'd share this old video of a past April's Fool (for those who weren't around two years ago) ;)

(I should however have made a "April Fool Self-Kit" that people could have manually installed and activated)

I saw that on my RT-AC66U. I thought it was great!

378.52 was developed and tested around 4708. I have no plan on delaying this release by an extra three weeks just because a new GPL was "just released", with its own share of new problems. Plus, I don't even know if that code works with the OTHER models I also have to support.

Guys, jumping at me every time a new firmware is released by Asus is pointless, and quite frankly is starting to get a bit annoying. After all these years, you should know by now that new code gets merged in due time. This isn't a 5 minutes operation. So, please stop.

Completely agree. I know a good share of developers for Android/iPhone who gave up completely after people nagging and nagging for no good reason. They don't understand how difficult and time demanding this can be. I just can't believe they don't understand that if there is anyone in this world, who is aware of ASUS firmwares before anyone else, that's Mr. Eric Sauvageau. Bugging and impatiently asking "when is new firmware going to be released" does nothing good, but actually delaying it. Let this decent human being and one of the best developers out there, do his job without giving him additional obstacles he does not need.

Completely agree. I know a good share of developers for Android/iPhone who gave up completely after people nagging and nagging for no good reason. They don't understand how difficult and time demanding this can be. I just can't believe they don't understand that if there is anyone in this world, who is aware of ASUS firmwares before anyone else, that's Mr. Eric Sauvageau. Bugging and impatiently asking "when is new firmware going to be released" does nothing good, but actually delaying it. Let this decent human being and one of the best developers out there, do his job without giving him additional obstacles he does not need.
I would add to this: RMerlin's work/contribution is already incredible so this need to be respected. I suppose he also has a life with family, friends ... Let him breathing a little bit and deciding what needs to be done.

RMerlin "chapeau bas" (my respect to you and your work). Take your time and thx again for the tremendous work you have done so far!

Please merge source code from asus RT-AC87U because released 378.4950 code.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=11&s=2&m=RT-AC87U&os=&hashedid=eS2N4HnylxXIJYBB

Really guy? It's not bad enough that you hijacked this thread on 378.51, you have to pester Eric besides. He is a one man operation. Oh and news flash, he works a full-time job also. So give it a break and please stop hijacking.

378.52 was developed and tested around 4708. I have no plan on delaying this release by an extra three weeks just because a new GPL was "just released", with its own share of new problems. Plus, I don't even know if that code works with the OTHER models I also have to support.

Guys, jumping at me every time a new firmware is released by Asus is pointless, and quite frankly is starting to get a bit annoying. After all these years, you should know by now that new code gets merged in due time. This isn't a 5 minutes operation. So, please stop.

Merlin,

Please take your sweet butt time with the next release. Ignore these ludicrous requests. To expect you to be able to merge source code the day it comes out, for each model you support, is just plain nuts.

On an easter holiday weekend, yet I can see Eric updating his github documentation. Kiddos to this hero. We might probably see a new FW release by him soon.
PS @Eric. Please ignore this forum temporarily. Spend your time with your love ones or go out and have a break this holiday period.

Well he tagged the 378.52 final release which I am compiling on my own for my RT-AC56U at this moment. And by the way, it is not Easter holiday for the entire globe, although it should be in Canada and most of the "western world".

On an easter holiday weekend, yet I can see Eric updating his github documentation. Kiddos to this hero. We might probably see a new FW release by him soon.
PS @Eric. Please ignore this forum temporarily. Spend your time with your love ones or go out and have a break this holiday period.

Agreed. For the record, I'm at 26 days uptime--which might have been when I flashed .51 . . stable as *&%!. I got this thing about stability and I'm happy to wait as long as I need to for .52 . .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!