What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Welcome To Merlin. I see that those who wrote previous posts use the router just playing or watching sites on the Internet. I ask because I have a static IP assigned to 150 target and I know that as well after the upgrade to make full reset and set all over again that there was no problem about which many people unnecessarily writes. And I have no need to do now if right will be a new update.
If you want to know when updates are coming, follow the commits on GIThub. A new version takes a few weeks between the first time Merlin starts working on it and the final release. Since there are no commits since 5 April, I would not expect any new release before early/mid May. Again, just follow the commits page and when new stuff starts to appear, you can start counting. If you want to play it safe, you can also wait an extra week after the new release comes out to make sure there are no "bugs" or minor updates. This will push the next release even further before you need to reapply your settings... which, BTW, is not mandatory as you don't have to do a reset for every new FW; just the major ones (like 376 to 378).

merlin can you please explain me this errorcode
Apr 6 21:08:49 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 21:57:45 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 14: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 22:17:39 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?

It's technical and complicated. I recommend you ask Google, because I would have to do it myself - I don't remember the whole explanation. All I can remember is that it's related to the QoS architecture.

Hi,

I ask because I have a static IP assigned to 150 target and I know that as well after the upgrade to make full reset and set all over again that there was no problem about which many people unnecessarily writes.
Any reason why you not use the NVRAM Save/Restore Utility for the user defined setting (e.g. static IP address assignment)? :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

merlin can you please explain me this errorcode
Apr 6 21:08:49 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 21:57:45 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 14: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 22:17:39 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?

These links may help and maybe the author of the htb Qos may be open to explaining under what conditions he issues the warning messages...

http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/index.html

my router is ac87u.

ai protection off, parental control off, dns filtering off, adaptive qos off, qos off, traffic statistic off,
dlna off, samba off, nfsd off, ftp off, no usb connected, usb modem off, time machine off,
ai cloud 2.0 all off.

but port forwarding is on.

HW Acceleration -> enabled (CTF only)
Nevermind, I thought I had this issue until I discovered something I left on and after disabling, FA came on.

Last edited:
Welcome To Merlin. I see that those who wrote previous posts use the router just playing or watching sites on the Internet. I ask because I have a static IP assigned to 150 target and I know that as well after the upgrade to make full reset and set all over again that there was no problem about which many people unnecessarily writes. And I have no need to do now if right will be a new update.
The AC87x platform only supports 128 static IP's. Also, you need to start using John9527's nvram save & restore utility.

Up and running on 378.52_2. Did the factory reset after update and so far so good. Keeping the fancy features offline (QOS, Traffic Analyzer, etc.,) to let it smoke in with privoxy and squid running. I did notice a couple of things:

• the dhcp-lease-max in dnsmasq.conf is no longer there and that is a good thing for us that do static assigned addressing from DHCP outside of the "pool"
  • when adding mac and names to the parental controls after the first add the field for mac turns white with white text so you can't see the next mac you enter (cosmetic) I was using IE11 at the time.
So far 4 hours and keeping the fingers crossed to make it though 24 hours of burn in.

I'm trying to upgrade and met with error with dnsmasq for this version on ac87u. It seems my old dnsmasq.conf.add doesn't work.

I'm trying to upgrade and met with error with dnsmasq for this version on ac87u. It seems my old dnsmasq.conf.add doesn't work.

I am using dnsmasq.postconf script and they are working fine. Other than a substitute command that doesn't find a string in the current dnsmasq.conf it executes.

I am using dnsmasq.postconf script and they are working fine. Other than a substitute command that doesn't find a string in the current dnsmasq.conf it executes.

It's strange because I've searched and found no complains about it. If dnsmasq.conf.add doesn't work or changes after upgrade, there should be a lot of discussion on it. I'm upgrading from 376.49.5, with factory reset, failed with dnsmasq after trying couple of times.

I'm running astrill VPN applet on my ac87u. Any possibility for that? But it runs good before adding dnsmasq.conf.add.

I think I will give another try for dnsmasq.postconf. For new version seems more stable compared with my existing 376.49.5.

It's strange because I've searched and found no complains about it. If dnsmasq.conf.add doesn't work or changes after upgrade, there should be a lot of discussion on it. I'm upgrading from 376.49.5, with factory reset, failed with dnsmasq after trying couple of times.

I'm running astrill VPN applet on my ac87u. Any possibility for that? But it runs good before adding dnsmasq.conf.add.

I think I will give another try for dnsmasq.postconf. For new version seems more stable compared with my existing 376.49.5.

Make sure you did check the box "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" on the Administration/System tabs. I have seen some folks here forget about that this setting after they do a reset after the update.

Make sure you did check the box "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" on the Administration/System tabs. I have seen some folks here forget about that this setting after they do a reset after the update.

Yes, I'm sure I've checked it. I even restored to the old version to make a comparison.

jffs not guaranteed to be preserved with firmware upgrade, if new firmware bigger than old then jffs is resized, you need to backup files on jffs before upgrade and be prepared to reformat and restore after. I have noticed an old jffs can be mounted and repaired during boot - but not actually be usable.

jffs not guaranteed to be preserved with firmware upgrade, if new firmware bigger than old then jffs is resized, you need to backup files on jffs before upgrade and be prepared to reformat and restore after. I have noticed an old jffs can be mounted and repaired during boot - but not actually be usable.
I reset to factory default after upgrade, all new settings with hands.

Up and running on 378.52_2. Did the factory reset after update and so far so good. Keeping the fancy features offline (QOS, Traffic Analyzer, etc.,) to let it smoke in with privoxy and squid running. I did notice a couple of things:

• the dhcp-lease-max in dnsmasq.conf is no longer there and that is a good thing for us that do static assigned addressing from DHCP outside of the "pool"

I had already fixed it in a past version by making the value either 253 or calculated from the network mask, using whichever was the lowest value. Asus recently fixed it on their end by simply removing the settings, so I went with their fix for the sake of consistency.

• when adding mac and names to the parental controls after the first add the field for mac turns white with white text so you can't see the next mac you enter (cosmetic) I was using IE11 at the time.

This is usually caused by Lastpass, which messes the CSS. Disable the Lastpass feature that inserts a symbol in the fields (I forgot the exact name of that setting, but it's configurable).

both is same good ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!