What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks Sir!
Loaded and running flawlessly on my TM-AC1900 that I've upgraded to full RT-AC68U.
Have a great weekend.

Hi RMerlin.

Installed on my AC87U, Did a reset before and after the install. The only thing that is not working here is the Wi-Fi 5Ghz settings page. 2.4Ghz settings pages are ok. Browser (chrome) message is ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.

Update: In the Microsoft Explorer it works ok. I think its a chrome problem.

Works fine for me with Chrome 41. Check your installed addons.

Well dang. Made be reboot after 27 days. (not since .51) HA :). Was on a mission to see how long. Anyway so far so good. Pretty painless upgrade. Wondering about the statement below. Seems the network map is definitely more responsive like a LOT. Rest of the UI seems a lot more snappy too. I suppose the webui server optimization would be the cause? Either way kudos for another successful build!
  • Various performance optimisations were applied to the firmware, more specifically to the webui server, dropbear (SSHD) and various rc services.

Last edited:
Thanks. Just put it on. Hope it fixes the wireless disconnects. My Ecobee 3 Thermostat kept loosing connection to the remote sensors with my 2.4ghz on previous version

Hi RMerlin,

I use my RT-AC87U as Access Point and installed the new FW. After a reboot the wireless general page for 5 GHZ and 2.4GHZ not working . I have to reset the authentication method with the
setup wizard. Then i can set the network keys again and the wireless general page is working till the next reboot! The "qtn_ready=1" is missing too.

Sorry for ma bad English.

Hi RMerlin! Thank you for the awesome compilation of the latest firmware!

However, may i clarify with you on a bizarre phenomenon using your customised firmware please?

Every time I loaded your customised firmware, I would perform a hard reset and then reload the settings manually. everything seems fine until I run a speed test at speedtest.net using both windows and mac laptops.

Here comes the bizarre part, speedtest.net will show a sinusoidal graph with ups and downs of speed. it only happens for the download part. both windows and mac using different browsers achieve such phenomenon. even the mobile devices using speedtest app have the same phenomenon.

When I run official firmware, this phenomenon disappears. my speedtest graph always peaks at maximum speed and then plateau all the way till it ends the test.

May I ask if you could find an explanation to address this phenomenon? I would love to use your firmware but this "sudden bursts of speed" in a sinusoidal form seems to be inferior to the speed official firmware could provide...

Everything is OK in my RT-AC56U, except that I cannot have access to the AICloud from the app or by web browser, I tried on LAN and WAN with no luck, I did reset the router after the firmware update I did it twice to make sure.

Last edited:
Awesome
I have a question regarding the DHCP/DNS Server options
Improvements to the DHCP server: you can now supply a second DNS server to your client, and you can also disable the advertisement of the router's own IP as a DNS server.

So essentially I had to build out a script in jffs to replace the dns ips to what I wanted as the initial DNS1 and 2 would not populate properly but place the routers default IP as the secondary DNS (SEE USING DNSMASQ)

My question is does this now replace that or fix it so one does not have to utilize the dnsmasq.conf.add option?

Howdy,
After a re-boot for both router (AC87) and ap (AC68) 378.52 was applied to both. Both version went on without issue. Both were factory reset. Both were re-configured from the ground up, and both are working good here. :D

Thank you Eric for your work and dedication to the Asus community.

Awesome
I have a question regarding the DHCP/DNS Server options
Improvements to the DHCP server: you can now supply a second DNS server to your client, and you can also disable the advertisement of the router's own IP as a DNS server.

So essentially I had to build out a script in jffs to replace the dns ips to what I wanted as the initial DNS1 and 2 would not populate properly but place the routers default IP as the secondary DNS (SEE USING DNSMASQ)

My question is does this now replace that or fix it so one does not have to utilize the dnsmasq.conf.add option?

Yes. There's now a setting on the DHCP page that you can disable to tell the router not to automatically provide the router's IP to DHCP clients.

Everything is OK in my RT-AC56U, except that I cannot have access to the AICloud from the app or by web browser, I tried on LAN and WAN with no luck, I did reset the router after the firmware update I did it twice to make sure.

For some reason the RT-AC56U fails to generate the SSL certificate at boot time (but it's properly created on my RT-AC87U).

EDIT: AiCloud tries to reuse the SSL certificates generated for the webui rather than generate its own. Since I no longer generate SSL certificates by default unless the webui is set to support HTTPS, AiCLoud is missing its certificate, preventing it from starting.

For now, either set the webui to "BOTH" on Administration -> System, or manually generate the certificate4s over SSH (that won't survive a reboot).

To do so, connect through SSH, then manually generate it:

Code:
gencert.sh

Give the router a minute or two, and it should automatically restart the AiCloud service.

Last edited:
I've upgraded my AC68U from .51 to .52 without reset the settings to factory default. I see the graph of CPU utilization is filled to 100% almost all the time for 1 core, and the other one is 0-20%... Is this a normal comportment?

Excellent soft, thanks.

But I don't understand upnp status in screenshot ???

upnp.JPG

my 16GB usb again works. it not worked about from 48 firmware. thanks

Anyone using charter (http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=2665)

Able to get IPv6 working? When I put in my settings and apply them my RT-AC87 freezes on complete as if the router is rebooting then I completely lose all internet connection.

Spent two hours on this plugging and unplugging modem and router.

Edit: router does freeze on complete and requires a
settings page I linked states to use this:

6rd Prefix = 2602:100::/32
But I always had to take the / out or it wouldn't let me apply the settings. Not sure if something has changed on Charter's end but it's worked for me without the slash for a year and now it doesn't and tech support was clueless.

And I did two hard resets by the way. And DHCP setting (think that's what it was called) is set for Normal and not aggressive as aggressive messes with Charter for some reason.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!