What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Updated with factory reset (no restore of backup!) after +21 days uptime on RT-AC87U@378.51_newqtn.
All is well!

Thank's Merlin! :)

I'm running 51,
1.) save settings
2.)reset
3.)update
4.)reset
5.)restore
Steps OK?
What does an update do with CFE power change?

Steps not OK, do not restore configuration.

Hi RMerlin

Thank you very much for this release. :)
Working good so far. Just some small bugs on my AC87U:

- The Client Status(on the right side) - Don't show correctly status. I have some server/media server and i have manually added static IP on the network card.
But in the client status is shown as DHCP not STATIC like it was before.

Upgraded both my router (AC68U) and my repeater (N66U) without any issues.

Great work!

I was also out digging this morning, the fiber is coming :) (my muscles will ache tomorrow :eek:)

Last edited:
Everything is OK in my RT-AC56U, except that I cannot have access to the AICloud from the app or by web browser, I tried on LAN and WAN with no luck, I did reset the router after the firmware update I did it twice to make sure.
Same here with RT-AC68U. My RT-N66R works OK with AiCloud

Successfully upgraded from 51 to 52. No issues so far. The WEB GUI seems to be a little bit more responsive.

Steps not OK, do not restore configuration.
Are you sure? I'm just asking since then I'm wondering why the restore functionality is there in the first place. How can the restored configuration cause problems?

Another thing I was wondering: I've seen a lot of people saying they performed a reset twice - how can a reset on top of a reset make a difference? Doesn't the router get it right the first time?

I always perfomed one reset, via the UI (now I'm assuming that's completely useless and it has to be done via pressing the reset button in the router, etc)

If we are really supposed to reset several times, before/after/in between/etc. and completely ignore the restore function but configure everything from the ground up again each time, then this is a real PITA.

Does anybody have hard cold facts on why all of the above is necessary? Because so far it rather sounds like a voodoo practice to me. Yeah, I'm lazy, but I want this thing to be stable and a good performer as well, so...

Thanks so much guys and keep up the good work Merlin!

Upgraded my RT-AC68P from 378.51 to .52 without a reset. Everything appears to be working well, and anecdotally performance seems to be better. Could be placebo or coincidental ISP performance, but speedtest results are better, and browsing seems snappier.

Everything is OK in my RT-AC56U, except that I cannot have access to the AICloud from the app or by web browser, I tried on LAN and WAN with no luck, I did reset the router after the firmware update I did it twice to make sure.
Same here, RT-AC68U, upgraded from .51 without reset

Yes. There's now a setting on the DHCP page that you can disable to tell the router not to automatically provide the router's IP to DHCP clients.
Was this option also added into the Base Asus Build ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4585?

Just curious to know as I did report this as a bug in support. I dont want to reflash to that to find out :)

Thanks again Merlin!

I upgraded my 87U from 51_newqtn to 52 with a factory default. I set up everything the same way after the reset. The only difference is HW acceleration now says Enabled(CTF only) whereas before it was both CTF and FA. The biggest improvement with this release (for me) is the WAN initializes properly now.

Hi Merlin,

I'm using AC87U on 378.52 Final.
Dual Wan Failover seems like it is still broken.
Frequent DC on WAN(0) within 10-15mins causing intermittent internet disruption.
There is even one DC while uploading this reply..
Below is a log, hoping if you can check on it when you are free.

Dual Wan Error Code

Code:
Apr  4 23:56:11 WAN(0) Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Apr  4 23:56:11 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Apr  4 23:57:39 rc_service: wanduck 559:notify_rc restart_wan_if 0
Apr  4 23:57:40 miniupnpd[9050]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address
Apr  4 23:57:40 miniupnpd[9050]: Failed to get IP for interface vlan2
Apr  4 23:57:40 miniupnpd[9050]: SendNATPMPPublicAddressChangeNotification: cannot get public IP address, stopping
Apr  4 23:57:40 miniupnpd[9050]: ioctl(s, SIOCGIFADDR, ...): Cannot assign requested address
Apr  4 23:57:42 dnsmasq[582]: read /etc/hosts - 5 addresses
Apr  4 23:57:42 dnsmasq[582]: read /etc/hosts.dnsmasq - 11 addresses
Apr  4 23:57:42 dnsmasq-dhcp[582]: read /etc/ethers - 11 addresses

-------------- truncated --------------

Apr  4 23:57:45 wan: finish adding multi routes
Apr  4 23:57:45 miniupnpd[9050]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Apr  4 23:57:46 miniupnpd[9175]: HTTP listening on port 34536
Apr  4 23:57:46 miniupnpd[9175]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351

Thanks

Was this option also added into the Base Asus Build ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4585?

Just curious to know as I did report this as a bug in support. I dont want to reflash to that to find out :)

No, it's something I've added.

The previous behaviour is not a bug, it's by design. I've simply made it more flexible.

Hi Merlin,

I'm using AC87U on 378.52 Final.
Dual Wan Failover seems like it is still broken.

I don't touch the Dual WAN code, it's entirely Asus's code. Any issue there will have to be fixed by them. That Dual WAN code is spread all over the firmware code, and with no documentation as to how it works.

Anyone know if we can install tor arm? The program, not the processor.

No idea what that is. You will have to check if it's available in either Optware or Entware.

Excellent soft, thanks.

But I don't understand upnp status in screenshot ???

If you use Dual WAN, make sure it's disabled for BOTH WAN interfaces.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!