What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.52 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't know if anyone already posted, but the "Merlin" type of NAT Loopback in 378.52_2 does not work on AC66U. "Asus" one works fine.
Just a report

On my RT-AC66 using this firmware and stock, IPV6 (native, comcast) + NAT Acceleration cause my router to reset at least once a day. I don't see anything in the log. I'm wondering if its just me at this point because I don't see many complaints. If I turn IPV6 off everything runs fine.

Thanks for your work on the firmware.

Don't know if anyone already posted, but the "Merlin" type of NAT Loopback in 378.52_2 does not work on AC66U. "Asus" one works fine.
Just a report
On my RT-AC66 using this firmware and stock, IPV6 (native, comcast) + NAT Acceleration cause my router to reset at least once a day. I don't see anything in the log. I'm wondering if its just me at this point because I don't see many complaints. If I turn IPV6 off everything runs fine.

Thanks for your work on the firmware.

To both, have you reset the router to factory defaults after flashing to the latest firmware? Have you configured the router manually and minimally to secure it and connect to your ISP?

We need to be very specific here. 'This firmware' is not. The thread title is 378.52 but the latest release is 378.52_2.

When you say 'to reset at least once a day' do you mean reboot?

Again, full details and anything you have tried to verify the issue you present will go a long way towards getting you a more relevant answer.

Yes, router was reset using the 5 second button hold and Reset Firmware to Default.

Yes I'm referring to the the latest _2 because the changelog mentioned something about a CTF fix so I gave it a test.

Yes, a reboot or more likely a crash because I see nothing in the log, just the "Dec 31 19:00:12 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2" and the lines before showed no errors.

I've owned the router about 2 months now, only used the past 2 ASUS firmware and .50 onward Merlin, so I can't compare older firmware.

I didn't try IPV6 initially because my modem (Cisco DPC3000) wasn't certified for IPV6 last I had checked, but they changed that on their website.

Is there a way to increase the debugging, if so I'll turn it back on and try to catch some errors in the log.

To both, have you reset the router to factory defaults after flashing to the latest firmware? Have you configured the router manually and minimally to secure it and connect to your ISP?
No, as this isn't needed in my case.

has anyone experienced problems with the l2tp /pptp vpn client ? I am filling out all the fields but nothing happens. the windows just wont response back. I am running the latest merlin on rt-ac68u

Hi,

I just installed 378.52_2 (factory reset). Can anyone confirm that this Quantenna firmware is the latest? (I forgot to save the last version) If I remember correct this version is the same as last with 378.51.

upload_2015-4-9_18-37-34.png

Regards,
C

Hi,

I just installed 378.52_2 (factory reset). Can anyone confirm that this Quantenna firmware is the latest? (I forgot to save the last version) If I remember correct this version is the same as last with 378.51.

Regards,
C

Yes, it's the latest build, straight from 378_4950. The version only reflect the base code used by Quantenna's SDK, it does not reflect any changes Asus has done to the configuration of the Quantenna firmware (and there's been quite a few changes in that build versus the one from past releases). For instance, the fact that Asus disables some power management functionality to work around bugs in Apple's devices won't show up as a version number change.

I get the same thing on AC66 using as router mode not AP but wireless log shows AP

Again, this is perfectly normal. AP reflects the role the radio chip is accomplishing. It's an AP, meaning it's accepting incoming clients. The router portion is done by the rest of the firmware, completely unrelated to the wireless chip.

merlin can you please explain me this errorcode
Apr 6 21:08:49 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 10: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 21:57:45 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 14: is non-work-conserving?
Apr 6 22:17:39 kernel: htb: htb qdisc 11: is non-work-conserving?

Hello.
Merlin when will the next update ?

RT-AC68U
:rolleyes: ETTIQUETTE VIOLATION! :rolleyes:

We never pester Merlin with dumb questions. The one quoted above is as dumb as it gets so Merlin has stopped answering these posts (to do so would waste too much of his time which can be better spent working on new releases) which by the way is a perfect example of thread hijacking as well. Tsk, tsk, tsk. :p

I'd love if Merlin responded though... with something like: "Yesterday" :)

Excellent build. On this build I could not reproduce the LAN crashes I saw on .50 and .51 under heavy file transfer load. The excessive RAM usage I saw in .51 is gone. In fact it is using less RAM now than it did on 376.49_5 which I went back to due to the problems I had in .51. The sporadic DLNA discovery issues I saw in .51 have also gone away. This is the kind of build I can stay on for a while :)
I've been sitting on 376.49_5 until now. this feedback is encouraging me to move up to this new build.

Welcome To Merlin. I see that those who wrote previous posts use the router just playing or watching sites on the Internet. I ask because I have a static IP assigned to 150 target and I know that as well after the upgrade to make full reset and set all over again that there was no problem about which many people unnecessarily writes. And I have no need to do now if right will be a new update.

I have 378.52_2 on my RT-AC66U. Under "status", it shows only CPU1. Is there a way to display the status of both cores?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!