What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
378.56beta2 firmware, why not fix 2WAN problem? Chinese users really need ah.

How many times will I have to repeat myself? I do not touch the Dual WAN code.

Now stop asking, because I won't be answering that same question a fourth time.

How many times will I have to repeat myself? I do not touch the Dual WAN code.

Now stop asking, because I won't be answering that same question a fourth time.
I'm sorry, but all good 378.55_0

I'm using WLAN planer for all three wlan modules of my RT-AC3200 to turn WLAN off during night. In combination with smart connect I found the issue that after re-activating wlan no devices would connect. Only after manually turning smart connect off and on again the devices would connect.

On RT-AC3200 in the smart connect rules page the target bands are always shown as 1: 'empty' and 2: none. Upon hitting default values the correct bands are shown but upon applying / refresh they are displayed wrong again.

I can't change the icons in the Client Status page. It appears that a user icon can be uploaded. That doesn't work either. When I click Apply, the settings don't take. Is this an ASUS issue?

EDIT: Works on my AC68U but not on AC3200.

Last edited:
Hi guys just wondering but have not seen this before, I got the N66U, I know that there is no GPL yet but the new firmware has the bandwith limiter, in the next merlin release? Im using a wifi guest and the TC commands to limit bandwith, it works great, but if I can use in the future a native one it would be great, and thanks merlin for the great job, and all the community members that have added and shared to make these routers great.

ver. bata1 bug

RT-AC87U-0B38 WINDOWS10 NETWORK SHOW
bug1.png
:rolleyes:

Compiled and testing 378.56_beta2-g51755bd for my RT-AC56U. First test I did was to check if Traditional QoS works as it is supposed to with IPv6. It doesn't, as the mangle_rules_ipv6 is never created in /tmp. This problem exists since 378.55 but I had a patch for it which apparently stills applies cleanly to qos.c and that was that. For the rest of it, they seem to have made enhancements to the network map and the Adaptive QoS. By the way I had to clean my browser's cache for the network map to display correctly. Not much else, since I do not use VPNs or media sharing, I have a dedicated linux box for these.

I can't change the icons in the Client Status page. It appears that a user icon can be uploaded. That doesn't work either. When I click Apply, the settings don't take. Is this an ASUS issue?

EDIT: Works on my AC68U but not on AC3200.

Reset to factory default and fixed the problem.

On RT-AC3200 in the smart connect rules page the target bands are always shown as 1: 'empty' and 2: none. Upon hitting default values the correct bands are shown but upon applying / refresh they are displayed wrong again.

Can you reproduce the same issue with Asus's 378_9135?

Hi guys just wondering but have not seen this before, I got the N66U, I know that there is no GPL yet but the new firmware has the bandwith limiter, in the next merlin release? Im using a wifi guest and the TC commands to limit bandwith, it works great, but if I can use in the future a native one it would be great, and thanks merlin for the great job, and all the community members that have added and shared to make these routers great.

Bandwidth limiter was added with the 9177 GPL merge.

Compiled and testing 378.56_beta2-g51755bd for my RT-AC56U. First test I did was to check if Traditional QoS works as it is supposed to with IPv6. It doesn't, as the mangle_rules_ipv6 is never created in /tmp. This problem exists since 378.55 but I had a patch for it which apparently stills applies cleanly to qos.c and that was that. For the rest of it, they seem to have made enhancements to the network map and the Adaptive QoS. By the way I had to clean my browser's cache for the network map to display correctly. Not much else, since I do not use VPNs or media sharing, I have a dedicated linux box for these.

Can you push a pull request so I can take a look?

Part of the problem is the code is slightly different for MIPS and ARM models, so any change to that code has to be tested on both platforms.

and i noticed also in Tool Menu : HW acceleration (CTF+FA) . Im not sure of that but AC68 cant do FA

I don't know what's going on anymore with FA. Asus has been constantly changing the code that handles testing and disabling/enabling it. People reporting FA randomly showing as enabled or disabled on various router models. And I don't know how to really test whether FA is active or not, all I can do is report the state of the nvram setting responsible for handling it. I'd probably need the Broadcom SDK documentation to know how to test at the hardware level whether it's really active or not.

ver. bata1 bug

RT-AC87U-0B38 WINDOWS10 NETWORK SHOW
bug1.png
:rolleyes:

If you enabled the option to force the router as a master browser, this will cause Samba to start (as it's the one handling the computer browser list).

If it's the same problem, I fixed it in my fork a couple of releases ago. IPv6 rules were being built with IPv4 addresses.

Which commit?

Can you push a pull request so I can take a look?

Part of the problem is the code is slightly different for MIPS and ARM models, so any change to that code has to be tested on both platforms.
If it's the same problem, I fixed it in my fork a couple of releases ago. IPv6 rules were being built with IPv4 addresses.

https://github.com/john9527/asuswrt-merlin/commit/2c4814a9bc26c780428352b82db2a88209edfa34
No, it's not the same issue. In this case it's just that the /tmp/mangle_rules_ipv6 file is never created and opened for input. I sent a pull request (#901), it's a 3 line patch that partially reverts a previous GPL merge. All it does is to create and open that file.

No, it's not the same issue. In this case it's just that the /tmp/mangle_rules_ipv6 file is never created and opened for input. I sent a pull request (#901), it's a 3 line patch that partially reverts a previous GPL merge. All it does is to create and open that file.

Thanks, that patch looks simple enough, should be fine regardless of the platform.

Bandwidth limiter was added with the 9177 GPL merge.

But I got an N66U dont see anything new on QoS page to limit bandwith or nothing new, Im on you latest stable the 55, no beta yet for the N66U, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!