What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not realease it as a torrent file then.
faster and easier

Torrent is a poor way to distribute software. It requires a special client, is blocked by a lot of business networks, opens the door to fake/compromised releases as most people do not check the SHA256 hash and simply click on the first torrent they find on their favorite suspicious site, requires a tracker, requires seeders to still seed older releases, and is generally a PITA to deal with.

RT-AC68P. upgrade from 378.55. I keep getting logged out of the GUI. Trying to set anything in the gui, after clicking on apply, get logged out and the setting is not applied. I reset the router to factory, rebooted, got same result. Tried to load 378.55. The process to the couple of minutes to load and update, but when done/rebooted 378.56_b1 still loaded.

This is generally caused by a browser add-on that blocks the referrer or session cookies.

My hp printer is still waking up, maybe less often though. It's on the network, not plugged into the router. Log is empty other than dhcp requests.

Also earlier bug still here, on wireless log, if my devices have the same name, after the first the client name is blank, eg. Chromecasts. View client list has a much better scheme and information maybe that could be used.

Then it means the simple action of connecting to the printer's service port is enough to wake it up, you don't even need to actually submit a print job. That means the only way to resolve this would be to completely remove the printer scanning capability of networkmap. Not sure I like the idea...

Thanks Merlin, this may be your best firmware to date! Obviously there are still some serious bugs but there isn't much you can do since they are present in the official firmware as well...

Love the addition of more OpenVPN clients, I don't use more than 2 atm but may be useful in the future!
Regarding the OpenVPN clients, how can I reset/delete each or all of them?
I'm getting the error "Routing conflict!" in the OpenVPN client service state, and "Error connecting - IP/Routing conflict" in the VPN status page! Although it says "error connecting", the client seems to be working just fine...

In the syslog I can see this, don't know if related:
"openvpn[2762]: Ignore conflicted routing rule: 209.197.30.162 255.255.255.255"

Keep in mind that you cannot connect multiple clients to the same server - it will cause routing conflicts such as what you posted here. Clients should connect to completely different networks, and you should also ensure that the IPs they allocate you are not in the same subnet.

There's no simple way to fully reset an OpenVPN instance, short of deleting the 15-20 nvram entries associated to each client.

3.png

v.378.56 beta1 ....
bug??

Your router is getting flooded with connections.

http://serverfault.com/questions/449744/a-lot-of-tcp-time-wait-bucket-table-overflow-in-centos-6

As I told you previously, if the block doesn't work, it's because you aren't blocking the right thing. We're talking iptables here, it's not something related to the firmware in any way. If iptables were THAT broken, every Linux user out there would have noticed a long time ago. There are also a fair amount of users right here who are blocking whole subnets already using blacklists and country-based lists.

Your issue is most likely that you are trying to block a tcp port when you are trying to protect an udp port.
ok, thanks for reply but what is wrong with this iptables? everyone says that must block but i have no luck....stream address is like that, for example:

bayern1975.ddns.net:5525/udp/232.4.1.1:5002

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -s 188.198.0.0/16 -p tcp --dport 5225 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -s 188.198.0.0/16 -p tcp --dport 5225 -j DROP

This is generally caused by a browser add-on that blocks the referrer or session cookies.
This not a browser issue. I've tried various browsers and with addons disabled, safe-mode. I don't know what the problem is yet. When I have some time I will try to figure it out. I did verify the checksum on the firmware file.

This not a browser issue. I've tried various browsers and with addons disabled, safe-mode. I don't know what the problem is yet. When I have some time I will try to figure it out. I did verify the checksum on the firmware file.

Just a thought, but try turning off your antivirus and see if that helps. I had to add an exclusion to my antivirus settings for the router. If you've already tried that, never mind *smile*.

Just a thought, but try turning off your antivirus and see if that helps. I had to add an exclusion to my antivirus settings for the router. If you've already tried that, never mind *smile*.
I don't have anti virus software :), thanks, besides, .55 firmware works fine, upgrade to .56_b1 - troubles. My environment has not otherwise changed. I had to revert back to .55 as I do not have the time to determine the issue right now. Everything is back to normal with .55. I'll try this upgrade again somewhere down the road, maybe when .56 is out of beta.

ok, thanks for reply but what is wrong with this iptables? everyone says that must block but i have no luck....stream address is like that, for example:

bayern1975.ddns.net:5525/udp/232.4.1.1:5002

Code:
iptables -I FORWARD -s 188.198.0.0/16 -p tcp --dport 5225 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -s 188.198.0.0/16 -p tcp --dport 5225 -j DROP

It should be "-p udp", not "-p tcp".

This is the same on my RT-AC87U as v3.55 is - wireless dropouts all the time if ssh is enabled in the Admin/System page. It worked fine in v3.54-2 but ever since then wireless has been broken on my router.

If you disable ssh you still get the dropouts but not as frequently. Basically the last stable version of this software was v3.54.xxx

Last edited:
Reflash back 378.56 beta 1, and search syslog for any error message related to ufsd - that would indicate a failure to load the NTFS driver.

I'll have to retest it specifically with the RT-AC66U - that model still uses the Paragon NTFS driver, while all the newer ARM routers have been switched to Tuxera's faster driver.

OK - reflashed to *.56beta and just to cover all bases, unplugged the drive. Rebooted and plugged in the drive. The router "sees" the drive - it instantly shows up on the main router page - but it will not mount.

So I just searched through the system log & found no error messages, in fact no reference to ufsd at all.

Can someone tell me please if usb modem huawei e3131-h is recognised by this build with AC-87U ? I have !?@& internet right now, about 2kb/s and I can't test it. Thank you.

Not sure if related to this beta build, but there use to be an option where I could select NO-IP.COM for my VPN. I do not see this anymore. Did it get relocated or taken out?

One issue I have noticed is that my overclocking settings are reset to default if I use the new scheduled reboot feature on Administration|System. All is fine if I disable that feature, enable custom jffs scripts on that same page and then telnet into the router to set up a cron job with a services-start script (which has worked well for me so far).

Last edited:
Got my full gigabit speed back after i installed Merlins .56 same settings on LAN/WAN as .9117

strange..

Thanks for the beta!
/best regards Cel

Link speed between RT-AC3200 and my EA-AC87 media bridge is approx 1/3 less with this release vs. ASUS .7838

Deactivated smart connect and link speed is back again to what it was before. Re-activated it and it stayed where it was. Strange.

Also there's a bug in the wireless protocol view but I guess that's an ASUS bug and I'm not sure but it could be a EA-AC87 problem:

My media bridge has assigned a fixed ip address but is shown with a different ip no in the protocol. There's some really strange things happening:
  • My EA-AC87 has ip ending .51
  • According to EA-AC87 my xbox one connected to it has ip ending .38
  • According to wirless protocol the EA-AC87 is supposed to have ip ending .100
  • DHCP page shows the XBOX one mac as having ip with .100 ending
  • And finally my XBOX one is telling me it has ip ending .100
  • The DHCP page shows the wireless mac of the XBOX one as well with an ip ending .40.

So it looks like the wireless protocol page is messing up the mac address of the media bridge with the ip number of a device connected to the media bridge.

Then I had these error messages in the log. The ip is again the one of my xbox one.

22:20:34 miniupnpd[873]: Invalid Callback in SUBSCRIBE <http://xxx.xxx.xxx.100:2869/upnp/eventing/wkdsofezjh>
Oct 14 22:20:34 miniupnpd[873]: Invalid Callback in SUBSCRIBE <http://xxx.xxx.xxx.100:2869/upnp/eventing/pcaxlhiwmy>

Cheers
N.

Last edited:
OK - reflashed to *.56beta and just to cover all bases, unplugged the drive. Rebooted and plugged in the drive. The router "sees" the drive - it instantly shows up on the main router page - but it will not mount.

So I just searched through the system log & found no error messages, in fact no reference to ufsd at all.

Then it seems it's not loading the ufsd driver at all, as syslog should indicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!