What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin just want to point out, that been using your firmware for the last year or so and its an amazing mod, i really like it.

In the 378.56 BETA 1, in AC66U any USB disk connected were UNMOUNTED. No matter what i would do, format, reset settings, disk would still be unmounted. Downgraded back to 378.55 and disk are mounted and fully functional.

I can't test Beta 2 because i'm running a backup server on my house and i can't reset the router, anyway. Just registered to point out the bug and if is already solved then thanks a lot!

Juan
That bug was solved in beta 2, you can go ahead and test it whenever you can afford to reboot your router.

Merlin, thanks for your fine work.
May I suggest that you number your standard answers and publish the list - so when people ask the same question for, say the fourth time, you can just answer with the relevant number.

If you live in NA ,DST time zone changes ends in Admin/system 11 month/1st sun weekday/2 hour and apply or you will be 1 hour behind till we change hour 1st sunday on november
No, I live in Europe (CEST timezone).

Merlin, thanks for your fine work.
May I suggest that you number your standard answers and publish the list - so when people ask the same question for, say the fourth time, you can just answer with the relevant number.

Check the upper right corner of a reply - posts are already numbered, and can also be linked through them.

This is post #107.

Merlin just want to point out, that been using your firmware for the last year or so and its an amazing mod, i really like it.

In the 378.56 BETA 1, in AC66U any USB disk connected were UNMOUNTED. No matter what i would do, format, reset settings, disk would still be unmounted. Downgraded back to 378.55 and disk are mounted and fully functional.

I can't test Beta 2 because i'm running a backup server on my house and i can't reset the router, anyway. Just registered to point out the bug and if is already solved then thanks a lot!

Juan

I originally reported this in Beta 1 and can confirm it is fixed in Beta 2.

Hm odd, it should only truncate the Description field. What specific range were you trying to enter?

Sorry I meant to say the Port Forwarding page rather than the DHCP page. The port range I'm trying to add and then edit again is "22,80,4242,10101".

I haven't been at home much since I upgraded to 378.56 (Beta 2), but my iPhone 6 seemed to lose the WiFi connection a lot more than before at the spare moments that I was at home.

I will monitor what happens in the coming days.

Sorry I meant to say the Port Forwarding page rather than the DHCP page. The port range I'm trying to add and then edit again is "22,80,4242,10101".

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Fixed, for both the description and the port range fields.

I tried once again to reproduce the NTP issues. Tested with dynamic IP, static IP, Dual WAN, manually entered DNS - no matter what type of configuration I try, I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can those affected send me their complete boot log, so I can see if maybe there's a service event getting skipped during boot time?

Fixed, for both the description and the port range fields.
Oh wow that was quick, this will make things much easier, thank you!

I used to have issues with previous firmwares and my WiFi being unstable after a few days, I'll report back my findings with this firmware later in the week however for now it seems as if things are good.

I tried once again to reproduce the NTP issues. Tested with dynamic IP, static IP, Dual WAN, manually entered DNS - no matter what type of configuration I try, I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can those affected send me their complete boot log, so I can see if maybe there's a service event getting skipped during boot time?
Merlin, I can provide a copy of my syslog if that is what you are looking for. I may have to edit out a few things such as ssh logins etc. It does show where ntp was not syncing until I had made the wan dns settings change that seemed to kick it off and then the time was corrected. Once fixed the problem does not come back. I only had it after flashing from 378.55 to 378.56beta1 and then when I flashed to 378.56beta2.

How can I get a copy to you?

Merlin, I can provide a copy of my syslog if that is what you are looking for. I may have to edit out a few things such as ssh logins etc. It does show where ntp was not syncing until I had made the wan dns settings change that seemed to kick it off and then the time was corrected. Once fixed the problem does not come back. I only had it after flashing from 378.55 to 378.56beta1 and then when I flashed to 378.56beta2.

Put it on pastebin.com or similar and give him the link?

Note 1: There is no RT-N66U release for this beta as I don't have the necessary closed source component yet for that model.

Sorry, if off-topic, any predictions on when Asus could release the needed closes source components?

Didn't know where else to ask?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Indeed. I did not notice before that it was set to "2nd" Sunday instead of "last".

Does "5th" mean "last"?
I too have been wondering this. Is there any way to set DST correctly once and for all where, as in UK and Europe, the change always happens on the last Sunday? By a strict interpretation of the GUI, mostly this should be set to 4th, but sometimes it should be the 5th. But maybe 5th would work?

I too have been wondering this. Is there any way to set DST correctly once and for all where, as in UK and Europe, the change always happens on the last Sunday? By a strict interpretation of the GUI, mostly this should be set to 4th, but sometimes it should be the 5th. But maybe 5th would work?
Have the same doubt...
At least theoretically this year, 4th Sunday would work since this month only have 4 Sundays, but would probably fail on a year where October have 5 Sundays!
If 5th is interpreted as "last", then 5th would be the correct option for Europe!

Sorry, if off-topic, any predictions on when Asus could release the needed closes source components?

No idea, didn't get a response when I asked them.

You can use a private link on pastebin, or Email me a zip of the log.

Make sure to save the log after a clean reboot where the issue actually happened. I need to look at a COMPLETE logfile where ntp fails to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!