What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Having an issue with this release where it will allow me to login but never complete the display of the main page. I can't navigate to other router pages either. Any suggestions?

Using router name to access gui? Try with IP 192.168...[/QUOTE
I've never tried using the name, always try the IP, I can login, it just goes to the main page and spins or lets me go through a couple of windows and spins.

Is this only with this release?"It just goes to the main page and spins or lets me go through a couple of windows and spins."
I ran into similar problem few months ago and it was my Internet Security (ESET) .
Putting 192.168.1.1 in EXCEPTION RULES in ESET firewall , solved my problem. Web,Filtering Protocol section
Looks like a firewall issue, turned off windows firewall and seems to work well, now I need to add it back with rules somehow...not my favourite thing to do, but I am amazed at the feature set of this router with Merlin.

As mentioned before , the x57 version is giving me trouble on 1 AC68u but not my other .
The only difference i see is the bootloader version , which is 1.0.2.1 on the problematic one , and 1.0.2.0 on the one that works perfectly .

Working :
Code:
Model     RT-AC68U
Firmware Version     380.57
Firmware Build     Thu Dec 24 18:54:10 UTC 2015 merlin@795ca35
Bootloader (CFE)     1.0.2.0
Driver version     wl0: Dec 11 2015 09:33:00 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

Problems :
Code:
Model RT-AC68U
Firmware Version 380.57
Firmware Build Thu Dec 24 18:54:10 UTC 2015 merlin@795ca35
Bootloader (CFE) 1.0.2.1
Driver version wl0: Dec 11 2015 09:33:00 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

I don't know if this is interesting to know for anyone .

RT-AC66U here. My 5ghz wifi just died again. The first time this happened I just upgraded and it fixed itself, but I'm on the latest firmware now and it happened again. Any tips?

Did you do a proper reset to factory defaults?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

If you did and you still have issues, then reverting to 378.56_2 is the 'answer' right now.
Yep, I was upgrading from one of the older 3.0.0.X releases and I definitely reset it to factory defaults after flashing.

I guess if I was having issues on a 3.0.0.X release and still have issues on the latest firmware, I'm not sure reverting to 378.56_2 will solve it since it's in the middle of two that I know don't work.

Yep, I was upgrading from one of the older 3.0.0.X releases and I definitely reset it to factory defaults after flashing.

I guess if I was having issues on a 3.0.0.X release and still have issues on the latest firmware, I'm not sure reverting to 378.56_2 will solve it since it's in the middle of two that I know don't work.

Not sure is not the same as can't hurt. :)

You need to be specific. 'Prior builds' doesn't mean much when someone could be running software that is years old before they upgraded to another years old firmware or newer. :)

I don't use PPTP VPN, but did you do a reset to factory defaults and a manual and minimal configuration to connect to your ISP and secure your router?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573
Hi,

Thanks for your help though.

Everything worked fine after I did a full reset, and configure it all over manually.

After I flashed my AC87U to 380.57, it seems the Port Forwarding is not working properly. Or to be more specific, I have installed an security system at my house. I set the IP of the DVR to be 192.168.1.100. UPNP service is enabled. Everything was working with 378.56_2.( When I enter 192.168.1.1: xxxx, it will forward me to 192.168.1.100:xxxx). After upgrade to 380.57, only the first device that used the IP forward is allowed to use it. All other device which try to access DVR through port forwarding will be denied.

Flashing back to 378.56_2 didn't solve the problem.
Have to flash to official firmware then flash to 378.56_2.

Hi,

I suggest after flashing to the latest build, you do a factory reset of your router.
I had this issue once and it worked fine on an early build.

Hi, my first post - please be gentle with me.

I have flashed my RT-AC68U with 380.57 from the stock firmware and all seems to be working well. However, I did not do a factory reset which has been recommended in this thread due to new wireless drivers.

Do I NEED to do a factory reset? If so, when? Prior to flashing or post flashing (or both?).

Hi, my first post - please be gentle with me.

I have flashed my RT-AC68U with 380.57 from the stock firmware and all seems to be working well. However, I did not do a factory reset which has been recommended in this thread due to new wireless drivers.

Do I NEED to do a factory reset? If so, when? Prior to flashing or post flashing (or both?).

The anser depends on the version of the stock firmware you are upgrading from. Problems don't always present themselves right away. To be on the safe side I would do a factory reset to avoid any problems.

Does anyone know why one version of Firefox (41) remembers my login password and FF42 and Chrome don't? I get no prompt to remember the password on either of the latter but I think I had it on Firefox. My password is a bit complicated and it's annoying to put it in every time.

Does anyone know why one version of Firefox (41) remembers my login password and FF42 and Chrome don't? I get no prompt to remember the password on either of the latter but I think I had it on Firefox. My password is a bit complicated and it's annoying to put it in every time.

You might have told your browser to never memorize the password for that URL.

You might have told your browser to never memorize the password for that URL.

Well what did you know? I feel like such an idiot. I could've sworn in all my annoyances of having to fill out the password that I wouldn't have checked that setting but I guess I did at some point. Thanks for all your hard work, Merlin.

Just got myself an AC88U (HW Version A2) and installed this firmware. Been trying for a good hour to get the 5 Ghz WiFi working but was always stuck with my devices connecting with a maximum speed of 173 Mbps. As soon as I installed the stock firmware again, they would connect at much higher speeds, for example my Dell XPS 13 with 866 Mbps.

I'm wondering if any one has similar issues with his AC88U and found a solution? Or might this be related to the HW version A2 of my device?

Just got myself an AC88U (HW Version A2) and installed this firmware. Been trying for a good hour to get the 5 Ghz WiFi working but was always stuck with my devices connecting with a maximum speed of 173 Mbps. As soon as I installed the stock firmware again, they would connect at much higher speeds, for example my Dell XPS 13 with 866 Mbps.

I'm wondering if any one has similar issues with his AC88U and found a solution? Or might this be related to the HW version A2 of my device?

Works for me, with both an Intel 7265AC-equipped laptop and a Nexus 9, both are currently linking at 866 Mbps, being roughly 3 meters away from the router.

Try limiting Modulation Scheme to MCS9 instead of MCS11, disabling TurboQAM support. Some devices don't like it.

My observation is that some devices do not like if you limit the Channel Bandwidth option - so I always put it at highest option and then I get the full connection speeds (it's the case on both bands).

May not apply to your situation but that are my tow cents on this topic... :rolleyes: