What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the update and all the effort you put into this firmware! You make our routers so much better!

I flashed the new firmware to my AC56U remotely, but now I can't reach the router. The webpage told me after the flash completed that I should restart the router manually - which I obviously can not do right now - and ever since I haven't been able to reach the router. Is there a way I can fix this? This is really frustrating, because if I recall correctly all the previous builds restarted the router automatically after flashing...

@Merlin.. I will be adding a name and icon for all my connected devices after i do this should the router be rebooted or not necessary ? I only ask because it seems a lot of people have issues with the network map after they start making custom changes.

No idea, I never looked at the custom icon support.

If I update to 380, can I go back later, and still flash John's or HGG's fork?
I thought I read a post a while back that once you go to 380 something gets locked, maybe I was dreaming. Anybody know?

You can flash back. The limit will only apply to the forecoming RT-AC68U rev C1, because that revision does not work at all with previous FW releases.

I flashed the new firmware to my AC56U remotely, but now I can't reach the router. The webpage told me after the flash completed that I should restart the router manually - which I obviously can not do right now - and ever since I haven't been able to reach the router. Is there a way I can fix this? This is really frustrating, because if I recall correctly all the previous builds restarted the router automatically after flashing...

Remote flashing is always a risk. There's often a chance that the router will crash during the reboot, as the original filesystem is overwritten by the new one. A manual power cycle is required then.

Remote flashing is always a risk. There's often a chance that the router will crash during the reboot, as the original filesystem is overwritten by the new one. A manual power cycle is required then.
Yes, I know that, but this time I think the router hasn't even tried to reboot itself as usual, so the problem hasn't occured during the reboot process, but immediately after the flashing process indicator turned to "Firmware upgrade is done. Please reboot RT-AC56U manually.". Well, looks like I'll have to live without my movies and live tv for the holidays... :(

Thank you Merlin! I would also like to say Merry Christmas to you and your family as well as to all the users and their families of Merlin's firmware! Cheers to all :)

Last edited:
Hello, everyone, Merry Christmas!

The QoS profile doesn't get highlighted after applying. Anyone else get this issue?
I'm using rt-ac68.
NVM, I resolved it by turning it off and on again.

Last edited:
Just flashed my RT-AC68P here, and it is looking good, everything working just fine. CTF and FA enabled as before, IPv6 and wireless (on both bands) working. Happy so far *smile*.

Last edited:
Hello, excuse me, there is no command to query the router CPU model, the difference between BCM4708 and BCM4709

Hello, excuse me, there is no command to query the router CPU model, the difference between BCM4708 and BCM4709

Not sure exactly what you're asking about, but if you want to know if you have the 800MHz. (BCM4708) or 1000MHz. (BCM4709) model, just look at the clock speed in the "Tools" section in the web admin GUI. Not sure if that's what you're asking though? You can use the "nvram get clkfreq" command as well, if you want to use it in a script or using telnet?

just newbie question here! should i set up daily reboot or not?? thanks in advance

PS: rt-ac87u

Last edited:
Flashed my AC68U, factory reset, it is very slow, just like the official firmware it's based on. I went from 920 Mbps to 812 Mbps on speedtest (wired connection). Guess I'll revert to the previous firmware.
Merlin, do you know what may cause this difference in speed between 378 and 380 firmwares?

Later edit: With AIProtection settings enables things are even worse, I can barely attain 800 Mbps, while on 378 firmwares it went above 900. Definitely something strange...

Last edited:
In case it's useful to anyone: my 68U was working fine with Alpha4, with no trouble on the 2.4 network. Upgraded to 380.57, and my Macbook started reporting a self-assigned IP on 2.4 with no internet traffic possible, while things worked fine on 5Ghz.

A flash of 378.56_2 has resolved things, though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!