What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

something is wrong with Traffic Monitor - I have daily transmission around 60GBs while I am using around 1-2GBs.

Anyone else getting a 'Firmware Upgrade Unsuccessful' error on an 87R? I'm on 378.56 currently and tried re-downloading 380.57 several times with no luck. Also tried wireless and wired as well.

Edit: Reboot fixed it. Everything works A-OK! Thanks!

Same here, reboot fixed it.

Is there a reason why /dev/root would be showing 100% full?

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 20736 20736 0 100% /
tmpfs 119836 408 119428 0% /tmp
devfs 119836 0 119836 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock4 10240 624 9616 6% /jffs

Is there a reason why /dev/root would be showing 100% full?

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root 20736 20736 0 100% /
tmpfs 119836 408 119428 0% /tmp
devfs 119836 0 119836 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock4 10240 624 9616 6% /jffs

That file system showing 100% full is normal for that file system. It's read only.

I wonder if your issues have anything to do with this posted change to the ASUS version that this latest Merlin FW incorporates?

- Fixed wireless channel issue when set 2.4G channel in 12 or 13 (only for EU region)

You see that this was only supposed to effect routers being used in the EU region, but I always suspected that this change may still have caused the 2.4 GHz problems on the 68U and other models for all regions. Seemed like too much of a coincidence that the very first time I see the 2.4 band listed in the patch notes for a new update, we start having all these issues with the same section of the hardware.
RT-AC66U, same issue here. I am in the EU.

Do you guys have any idea why after installed this firmware my sinology nas waking exactly every hour.

Do you guys have any idea why after installed this firmware my sinology nas waking exactly every hour.

I believe this has to do with the Client Refresh code, it appears to cause NAS to wake up and network printers to wake up also.

Meanwhile... My 68U B1 with 378.56_2 are running like a top with 27 devices connected from all three traffic sources. High amounts of HD streaming and video gaming going on for good portions of the day and so far, not a single report of buffering or other performance related symptoms! :D

I thank god and RMerlin for 378.56_2 every morning I check our overnight logs and see nothing but smooth sailing top to bottom!

I guess the only potential problem I have with running this version is the build up of those debug scripts/logs that ASUS engineers forgot to turn off in their version of 378.56_2.

Haven't seen any trouble brewing on the horizon in terms of running out of memory, and I don't expect I will as long as I run with my current reboot schedule. (Wednesday & Saturday 3:35 a.m.) Unless there are some hidden issues I don't know about caused by those runaway scripts, I now plan to just let everything ride until we get a truly solid update.

Hi Merlin, guys. I am still having problem with what i can only call latency on 380 release and had same problem with 378 release code.
What happens is that when i request new page by clicking on link it takes 5-10 seconds, yes seconds for page to come up in chrome.
With 374 release i have no such issue. I'm on rt-66u router. I have all extensions disabled in chrome. When i do wifi speed test i pull really good speeds 70Mbps on N card so speed is NOT the issue but rather latency of browsing. Not sure what is causing that but i really wanna move onto new code but with 5-10 seconds delay it's simply not doable. I have already disabled hardware acceleration in chrome as it was even slower. It almost seems like there is some major issue with new code. I don't know but this is major for me.

Any thoughts on this Merlin, John, guys?

Hi Merlin, guys. I am still having problem with what i can only call latency on 380 release and had same problem with 378 release code.
What happens is that when i request new page by clicking on link it takes 5-10 seconds, yes seconds for page to come up in chrome.
With 374 release i have no such issue. I'm on rt-66u router. I have all extensions disabled in chrome. When i do wifi speed test i pull really good speeds 70Mbps on N card so speed is NOT the issue but rather latency of browsing. Not sure what is causing that but i really wanna move onto new code but with 5-10 seconds delay it's simply not doable. I have already disabled hardware acceleration in chrome as it was even slower. It almost seems like there is some major issue with new code. I don't know but this is major for me.

Any thoughts on this Merlin, John, guys?

Just to prove beyond any doubt, is Firefox similarly hit? (I won't insult you by asking what it's like in Internet Explorer.)

With 374 release i have no such issue. I'm on rt-66u router.
Hi,

I run on my both router the .57 release without any issues, but I did a factory reset and reconfigured everything with John's NVRAM Save/Restore utility... :rolleyes:

Do you do the same when you switch from the old .48 to the actual version? :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Flashed from .56_2 to .57. Router still shows .56_2 however on the admin page. Did the flash fail or is that just an oversight?

Thanks! I have an RT-N66U

Just to prove beyond any doubt, is Firefox similarly hit? (I won't insult you by asking what it's like in Internet Explorer.)

Just tried. Yes same result in firefox. Although I have my chrome opened with 20+ tabs. I checked my resources and out of 4gb ram i have only 1gb left due to chrome windows using it. Should be enough tho

Hi,

I run on my both router the .57 release without any issues, but I did a factory reset and reconfigured everything with John's NVRAM Save/Restore utility... :rolleyes:

Do you do the same when you switch from the old .48 to the actual version? :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

You know i didn't do that but i did that on 378 release and i had same result as now so since that didn't change anything i didn't do it but i will give that a go anyway. Since behavior is same on 378 and 380 i don't think it will matter but i will go ahead and try this. Weird thing is on 374 it's not happening. On my LAN wired desktop it's not problem though but that's not wifi. It's hardwire switch so must be something do wifi.

I just did factory reset and from new window and never accessed page msn.com. From moment i clicked on enter after address it took 15 sec to bring up the page.

Flashed 380.57 from stock and after setting up Traditional QoS clients on the 2.4 GHz network cannot get DHCP leases. Turning off QoS and setting NAT Acceleration back to auto resolves the problem. Keeping QoS off for the moment.

Flashed 380.57 from stock and after setting up Traditional QoS clients on the 2.4 GHz network cannot get DHCP leases. Turning off QoS and setting NAT Acceleration back to auto resolves the problem. Keeping QoS off for the moment.

Try this. Delete your wifi connection network (ssid) on your windows laptop from under network connections. Refresh scan and reconnect. Re-input password and should work. I had to do that for myself to reconnect after resetting to factory default.

Try this. Delete your wifi connection network (ssid) on your windows laptop from under network connections. Refresh scan and reconnect. Re-input password and should work. I had to do that for myself to reconnect after resetting to factory default.

I'll give it a shot but that may not be the solution for me. The clients were a Roku, Harmony Hub, iPhones and a a MacBook Air.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!