What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave the router on for an hour or more and try again. It is doing some internal work (search for nt-engine).

No chance after the update to access via WebUI and SSH on my AX88U. Have disconnected the device from power several times, even the modem, unfortunately no success. Do I really need to reset the router? (However, all clients have connected normally via Wifi.)
Let it sit for a while. I had the same problem after updating from .18 to .19-beta1

Leave the router on for an hour or more and try again. It is doing some internal work (search for nt-engine).

Thank you for your feedback.
Well, I will try to wait an hour (even if It's hard for me), i don't have any active scripts currently and I haven't connected USB devices. Before the update, 384.18 was installed on the router.

Let it sit for a while. I had the same problem after updating from .18 to .19-beta1

In fact, about 30 minutes later I have access again.
However, I find such a behavior without appropriate documentation before the update strange, especially for beginners.

:)

@eclp sorry, I remembered incorrectly when I mentioned 'nt-engine'. :oops:

This is the post I was remembering.

Dirty upgrade from Beta 2, no problems. Everything running like a finely tuned F1 engine. Radio and CPU temperatures in the totally cool range.
Screenshot 2020-08-14 215654.jpg

Dirty upgrade from 348.18 to 348.19 on ac88u, everything seem okay.

Dirty upgrade from beta2...so far so good.

Is it just me, or is the option to select 2046 bit RSA keys in the OVPN server page gone? All config files generated seem to be 1024 bit now..

Flashed without issue (or losing the JFFS partition) from .18 on my AC86U. Had the backup ready to go but it was nice not to have to use it:)

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade 384.18 > 384.19 on access point (RT-AC68U) - no problems.
Dirty upgrade 384.18 > 384.19 on main router- no problems after restoring JFFS from backup and rebooting.

Thanks @RMerlin!

RT-AC5300: Dirty upgrade from 384.18 to 384.19 went smoothly. No problems to report. Thanks again!

Update from beta2 to final. Thanks Eric for another great and stable release!

Did a dirty update from 384.18 fo 384.19 on my RT-AC86U. I think this time I was lucky. VPN CLients and server are still working. Tested a couple of reboots and a cold start. WAN connection had no problems to start. This time there was no need to restore JFFS partition. Should it now be ok like this or is it still better to format and restore JFFS?

Is it just me, or is the option to select 2046 bit RSA keys in the OVPN server page gone? All config files generated seem to be 1024 bit now..
Its only shows first time settings up vpnserver. Check with second server.

AC68U upgraded to 384.19.
Wired PS4 cannot connect to the internet, can get IP though.
Tested using Wi-Fi, worked fine.
Currently restored 384.18, the boys are playing the PS4, so can't check other settings.
Any pointers..?

UPDATE:
Tried all of this...

1.Disable DoT
2.Set manual DNS in PS4 (Google/Cloudflare)
3.Flash 384.19, then restore JFFS

All failed to pass the internet connection test.
Restoring 384.18 makes it work instantly without changing any setting.

Last edited:
Native IPv6 RA is broken in 384.19.

A link-local gateway address, public IPv6 address, and temp public IPv6 address are initially assigned, but the client is not able to retain that address. It eventually just drops off after about thirty minutes or so.

Doing an ipconfig /renew6 restores the addresses, but only for a few minutes at most before the client once again loses the listed addresses.

Rolling back to 384.18 resolves the issue.

Edit: A clean install of 384.19 with a factory reset solved the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.