What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm also receiving the "Invalid Firmware Upload" message when attempting to upgrade from 384.8 to 384.8_2 on a RT-AC88U.

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AC88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

It happens in IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Has anyone else who experienced this found a workaround?

Also, the previous firmware for this router had a .trx extension, but 384.8_2 is a .w file. Is this supported on the RT-AC88U.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I'm also receiving the "Invalid Firmware Upload" message when attempting to upgrade from 384.8 to 384.8_2 on a RT-AC88U.

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This might result from incorrect image or error transmission, please check the model name RT-AC88U and version of firmware from support site and try again.

It happens in IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Has anyone else who experienced this found a workaround?

Also, the previous firmware for this router had a .trx extension, but 384.8_2 is a .w file. Is this supported on the RT-AC88U.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sounds like you downloaded the AX88U instead of AC88U.

Is it necessary to remove a USB drive prior to flashing new FW?
I sometimes forget to remove the USB drive and had no issues with one caveat. One time Murhpy's Law took affect and my USB got corrupted during the upgrade. Oops! I really try hard not to forget after that experience. I think the AC88U is more forgiving because of the 512MB RAM compared to the 256MB RAM in other Asus routers.

I make sure to use the https://x3mtek.com/asuswrt-merlin-firmware-upgrade/ guide I wrote to make sure I don't miss a step.

I greatly miss John's migration tool as it negated the need to manually re-enter configs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!