What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just flashed all my Alpha 2 nodes to Beta 2..... Immediately after all my nodes no longer show connection issues that were present before.... I am really starting to wonder if RMerlin is secretly a miracle worker or if he is really just that good.... The only issue I am having is with my ISP-DHCP. Router sometimes claims disconnect, but ScMerlin switches save the day...

I have used 386.1-Beta2 for 2 days 14 hour(s) 54 minute(s) 28 seconds on a RT-AX86U and almost everything working fine.

It's still problem with WAN "Internet Status" get offline when change any settings and hit apply on client3 and no Internet.
(Automatic start at boot time "yes")

I have client1 and 3 running. I dont think it's changed value itself but hit apply button and restart vpnclient3 is issue.
When I do same with client1 it's working and no wan get offline.
Turn "Internet connection" off and on again turn everything normalt again and GUI display right WAN-IP and DDNS.

Octopus

@RMerlin
I notice this WAN offline issue as well. My web pages load, but router claims no internet connection. Says -ISP DHCP FAILURE. :(

RT-AX88U is failing to flash Beta 2 for me. This is the continuous error message I get....

1608198035369.png

This is weird - I flashed two AX88U (UK version) with RT-AX88U_386.1_beta2_cferom_ubi.w via WebUI normally. Have you checked hash code? Where did you download it from?
Region / model specific issue?

Perhaps wrong model accidentally? It is first time AX86U download is around

bug not present on asus beta version, when rebooting the aimesh system the nodes turn the leds on, but on the gui still shows as off.

question: why are you running both connmon and spdmerlin? I lean towards thinking that's unnecessary redundancy and processor/connection load

I used to run both too, mainly because I love graphs. I feel like the more data you can look at, the better. Of course that is ridiculous, but I still hear the call of the chart from time to time.

I used to run both too, mainly because I love graphs. I feel like the more data you can look at, the better. Of course that is ridiculous, but I still hear the call of the chart from time to time.

Believe it or not, my ISP provider is a small time operator that just had enough knowledge and resources to set up a 14 mile microwave link from the nearest point where fibre access was to be had to give our town of 300 wide area 5g unlimited internet (50mbs down/up). The owner has oftened asked me for the my 7 day graphs of both spdmerlin and cronmon to help him tune and update the system.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not but openvpn client traffic is now inverted (download traffic appears as upload and upload traffic appears as download). I know there has been a long standing issue where the bandwidth monitor tab had the traffic inverted in this way but the classification tab was always correct, now it is inverted as well (and so is FlexQoS). QoS still appears to function correctly for me despite this but it would be nice if anything could be done to place it under the correct area in classification tab.
About the only minor issue is that the Adaptive QOS/Bandwidth Monitor/Download Bandwidth (and possibly Upload Bandwidth) do not register properly. System Status/System/Internet Traffic does register correctly.
Yes, I have done a Hard Factory Reset coming from the alpha version.
Not a show stopper for me.
AC86U beta 2 FlexQOS Diversion
Please confirm you have tested this with FlexQoS disabled or uninstalled, to ensure it is not interfering.

Updated to 386.1 Beta directly from 384.19. Pretty vanilla setup but all looks good so far. Thanks for all the hard work.

Flashed RT-AC86U Main and AIMesh both with Beta2 and getting following for quite a few mac addresses:

not mesh client, can't update it's ip

I am only using one (YazFI) 3rd party script.

Hi, flashed beta2 over beta1 in my ax88u and ax56u (mesh client). All fine until now (almost 24 hours running). Noticed that the boot delay of 10 minutes starting the wifi services in beta1 (both bands) has dissapeared and now boot is fast as expected. I will post back if any unexpected behavior is observed.

Flashed RT-AC86U Main and AIMesh both with Beta2 and getting following for quite a few mac addresses:

not mesh client, can't update it's ip

I am only using one (YazFI) 3rd party script.
Check those clients aren't set for Static IP or Manual within the DHCP Pool.

Please confirm you have tested this with FlexQoS disabled or uninstalled, to ensure it is not interfering.
Confirmed.
Removed FlexQOS 1.1.0, restarted AC86U, started a 2 GIG download and compared rate indicators. QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor showed almost no activity. Internet Traffic and Traffic Monitor did. As for the download showing as upload I used to get that when I use 6RD. Donot use IPV6 now. Oh, I also tested with Diversion on and off.

Check those clients aren't set for Static IP or Manual within the DHCP Pool.
Mix - Some mac addresses belong to guest wifi IPs (randomly assigned by DHCP) and some are DCHP assignments using "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list".

Believe it or not, my ISP provider is a small time operator that just had enough knowledge and resources to set up a 14 mile microwave link from the nearest point where fibre access was to be had to give our town of 300 wide area 5g unlimited internet (50mbs down/up). The owner has oftened asked me for the my 7 day graphs of both spdmerlin and cronmon to help him tune and update the system.
I regret that I have but one thumbs up/like to offer this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!