What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info. Running latest beta v1, ax88u. I have one guest network running. No mesh. I believe this message has been going on through the alpha builds as well.

Did you perform the factory default reset and reconfigure from scratch as recommended by merlin?

New guest wifi ip range. Much debated elsewhere.

More info. Running latest beta v1, ax88u. I have one guest network running. No mesh. I believe this message has been going on through the alpha builds as well.
Clean or dirty update?

Any ideas what is causing this "buggy" log entry? View attachment 28293

I believe RMerlin said somewhere in the alpha thread that this is a bug with the Flow Cache acceleration, in the closed source from Broadcom.
A solution is to disable Flow Cache, and the messages shouldn't appear anymore.

However, this error doesn't seem to hurt the router operation, so it's probably better to let Flow Cache enabled and live with it until Broadcom fixes it

I believe RMerlin said somewhere in the alpha thread that this is a bug with the Flow Cache acceleration, in the closed source from Broadcom.
A solution is to disable Flow Cache, and the messages shouldn't appear anymore.

However, this error doesn't seem to hurt the router operation, so it's probably better to let Flow Cache enabled and live with it until Broadcom fixes it
Another way is to turn off Guest Wifi Network for now.

I received my RT-AX86U today and flashed this beta1 firmware right away.
Thank you RMerlin for supporting this device!

I'm having (and had on a previous Beta code the same exact issue - FlexQoS. Never got it to work at all. Reverted to mainline Merlin code and it was fine.

Not only FlexQoS, with Beta1, Merlin (Asus) native Adaptavite QoS dont work for me, without full reset for now. FlexQoS .

What I have seen and it has been strange, and I imagine the story may come, is that despite having AiProtect and QoS enabled, the Router indicates that both, Runner and Flow Cache are enabled. Previously Runner was always disabled for QoS. If I force to disable Runner by nvram the interface appears disabled by QoS, but when I restart QoS to see if it works, Runner is enabled again

out of curiosity, would I be able to utilize AiMesh 2.0 with Public Beta 386 on GT-AC5300 as a node and Merlin Beta on 86u router (primary)? Would really love to utilize Guest wifi on the GT-AC5300 node. Right now I have 5300 in node with stock asus firmware and 86u running on 384.19.

out of curiosity, would I be able to utilize AiMesh 2.0 with Public Beta 386 on GT-AC5300 as a node and Merlin Beta on 86u router (primary)? Would really love to utilize Guest wifi on the GT-AC5300 node. Right now I have 5300 in node with stock asus firmware and 86u running on 384.19.
AX86U or AC86U?

AC68U from 384.19, everything seems to be working fine except the webgui, it is just loading endlessly and then fails.
UPD Restarted router several times and webgui worked.

Last edited:
Dirty update AC86U (384.19) and AC66_B1 (384.19) in MESH configuration was successful on 386.1_beta1.

Clean or dirty update?

That's a good question. I'm going to reinstall clean tonight, but I was reading this particular error could either have to do with IPV6 or the third party protection ASUS includes. I'm just wondering if it indicates an actual error or a buggy log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!