What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
Anybody tried the new update 386.1 beta 2 on RT AC5300 ?
Issue on AI MESH is solved?
Thanks and best regards

@distilled great idea, keep them coming, I see you're already getting into the holiday spirit.

If a wizard can't make it snow then he doesn't have any power.
On the other hand, a snowman doesn't make snow, so this is a foolish comparison.
Also, this would be something optional you need to turn on, it wouldn't affect a grinch.
sarcasm with sarcasm, @deathnite? can we just all play nice and easy please? It's been a helluva year
we're waiting in eager anticipation of v386 firmware to go release.
That was my request to let Merlin do his magic; g'head and make the snowing script happen on your router, though. if it warms your cockles, who am I to stop you?

Hello.
Anybody tried the new update 386.1 beta 2 on RT AC5300 ?
Issue on AI MESH is solved?
Thanks and best regards

After letting the router stabilize for a day, I can now see my Mesh Node, however, I cannot get it set up easily. It goes through the process for a while, zooms to 100% and says it is unable to add the AiMesh Node.
I have the routers 5 foot apart. I've connected output of AC5300 to WAN of AC88U via Ethernet as well. The Node is WPS reset and on Beta 2. It's frustrating.

After close to 15 attempts, I was finally able to get it to set up. Maybe you'll have better luck?

whens that going go happen the year 3045

asus broadcom trend have the most buggest SDK on this planet just as bad as microsoft and symantec it
Regardless though, in reality, how much does this "buggy protocol 0800" message affect the service of the router??? Does this mean your losing connection frequently and/or your router become not serviceable for a few seconds/minutes/hours? I barely look at the logs every minute/hourly/daily most of times unless I'm trying a new "test" script by these awesome developers!!! For the most part I ignore the log messages specially if its a known issue!

Last edited:
Hi,

If I update my RT-AX88U to 386.1 Beta do I have to do anything special before the update, or is it a matter of just updating as per normal?

Hi,

If I update my RT-AX88U to 386.1 Beta do I have to do anything special before the update, or is it a matter of just updating as per normal?
Merlin’s advice from the OP:
- Direct upgrade from 384.18 or 384.19 should be fine, but be prepared to do a factory default reset if something does not work as expected.

I may have missed it, but why is the "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list" is now limited to 64 from the previous 128?

Flashed both AC86U and AC3100 to 386.1 beta 2 and things have been running smooth so far. Thanks a lot @Merlin!

It doesn’t look like anything is configured in LAN / DHCP Server / DNS 1 & 2.

Following your comment and Merlin's advice in the OP, I decided to go back to basics. Early this morning whilst the family were still asleep a reset to 'factory default' was performed. Thankfully the DHCP problem has disappeared, and my phone is now ad-free again.

Regardless though, in reality, how much does this "buggy protocol 0800" message affect the service of the router??? Does this mean your losing connection frequently and/or your router become not serviceable for a few seconds/minutes/hours? I barely look at the logs every minute/hourly/daily most of times unless I'm trying a new "test" script by these awesome developers!!! For the most part I ignore the log messages specially if its a known issue!

well if it's a known issue then why do people keep on posting about it then

Joined 386_beta2 club with my AiMesh of two AX88U. I have done dirty upgrade from 386_alpha1.
I am prepared to do factory resets, which I have not done yet as the expierience was super smooth so far.

any ETA when the buggy protocol 0800 will be fixed then
Whenever Asus fix it I guess (closed software component if I recall an earlier comment correctly)

I posted in separate thread but received no responses. Sorry for the cross-post but I now believe it to be an issue in the RT-AC86U beta firmware.

In summary, I cannot access the Internet from iOS phone and iPad devices running 14.3 when running the router RT-AC86U VPN client. The iOS devices connect to the Wireless AP successfully but cannot access the Internet. The issue exists for 386.1 beta 2 and beta 1 for iOS devices. I was previously running 386.1 beta 1 with iOS 14.2 devices, until they were updated, with the router VPN client without any issue.

Windows 10/8.1 laptops and Android devices connect no problem to the Internet with the router VPN client running (Always have).

I reverted to release RT-AC86U_384.19_0 and all devices (including iOS 14.3 devices) connect as expected with the router VPN client running. As I updated all my iOS devices from 14.2 to 14.3, I unable to do further testing with iOS 14.2 (which worked on all
Asuswrt-Merlin versions).

Joined 386_beta2 club with my AiMesh of two AX88U. I have done dirty upgrade from 386_alpha1.
I am prepared to do factory resets, which I have not done yet as the expierience was super smooth so far.
There is one thing following the upgrade - connmon ping slowed down a bit.
ping1.png
ping2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!