What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to upgrade on my ac86u and ac1900. Nothing happens meaning I click upload and nothing uploads. Running 384.19 now
Are you sure you have the correct firmware for the AC86U and not AX86U? If so, unplug all USB devices, reboot the router, and try again.

Upgraded from 384.18 to 386.1 on RT-AC86U (full reset and manual config).

Did pull in /jffs/addons from my backups. Also pulled in scripts and configs from backups.

Everything came back OK. Logs are clean.

Only thing I noted was scMerlin kept reporting tailtop dead and restarting over and over again. Solved by uninstalling scMerlin and re-installing. Log says that scMerlin downloaded new tailtop. Guess that was the issue.

Thanks all for the hard work.

AC68U - Clean upgrade from B5 successful.

CPU temp, with no fan, stable at 75C.

Need assistance - New feature of IKEv2 IPSEC VPN Server on the VPN Server page.

Anyone can guide as to how to connect a iOS device (iPhone or iPad) to this newly created server using IKEv2 settings.

1) How do I use the generated certificate?
2) Do I still need Pre-Shared Key?
3) Do I still need to create usernames/ password?

All the help and guides point towards the older version - connect using Cisco IPsec settings; but I wish to use the new IKEv2 server features.

Q: Can someone point me to a more updated instruction set for iOS/ Mac client settings for IKEv2 VPN?

View attachment 30054

Eventually, I would like to create a .mobileconfig file that holds everything and I can just distribute the .mobileconfig file to my family members.
Se if you can get any hint here:
https://www.snbforums.com/search/114951/?q=Asus+IPSEC+Vpn+Server&o=date

I didn't see anyone reply to your question so here is my 2 cents. The time schedule block is per device so when you setup the device to only access internet between 6am-8pm, that device can't access anything, webpages, spotify, netflix, etc...from 8:01pm to 5:59am.
I know that the time scheduler should block all access, but on my RT-AX86U only web access is blocked. Devices that should be blocked with time scheduler, cannot access web pages from the browser, but Netflix, Spotify, etc. still have access to the internet.

@RMerlin IPv6 with 6in4 throws out an error for LAN IPv6 Prefix. It used to be fine with xxxx:xxx:xxxx:: but 386.1 says it's an invalid ip. Add a 1 at the end works for now.
Thanks for the 386.1 update.

Started from scratch with 386.1 on my AC2900 and noticed the Guest network 1 thing (on both 2,4 and 5 GHz) is still there. Clients get IP adresses from resp. the 192.168.101.xxx and 192.168.102.xxx range and can't connect to the internet. Guest networks 2 are fine.

@RMerlin I still have that issue with the offline clients list (DHCP Server Page) showing devices that are online. The image below is what I'm referring too. The second and third image is where the devices are shown online and working on the same router. As you can see the AX88U has record of them in some areas but not the client list. This router has been fully reset and hand programmed for Beta 5 and then flashed to stable. The issue has been bothering my router since the first 386.1 alpha. My AC68U access point shows all devices connected in the client list on the network map page.
View attachment 30048View attachment 30049View attachment 30050
Is it happening specifically with only those devices (or type of devices)?

@RMerlin I saw that at the bottom of the WAN section -> "Special Requirement from ISP" two items disappeared:

- Manual clientid (Option 61)
- Manual Vendor class (Option 60)

Why? Until the latest version 384 they were there. With the 386.1 they disappeared.

RT-AC86U

2021-01-31 18.06.43.jpg

Schermata 2021-01-31 alle 18.06.36.png

Updated and been having a pegged core on my 86U. Core 2 has been pegged on 100% for a few hours now. Top shows that it has something to do with the smb.conf file. I turn off samba and everything is fine. Turn it on, and core 2 gets pegged. Only thing I have connected is a SSD flash drive used only for scripts; its a 115 gig drive but all I'm using it for is diversion, skynet and a 2 gig swap file. Weird.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.29.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 1.29.31 AM.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 132
386.1 on ax88 working great.

only 1 glitch found:
when doing the new speed test on the router on a 1Gbps line, if speed gets to around 900mbps, the wifi (5GHz) reboots (after test completes!)
this happens about 50% of the time

Hi. This is to report another succesful dirty upgrade from 386.1b5 to 386.1 final on my ax88 and mesh node ax56. I will report in a couple of days about new bugs found or remaining from b5.

So far, everything running fine after 5 hours

Thanks again Merlin and project team for another piece of fine work!

Does this mean that the wan going down when changing wifi related settings still exists when using guest 1 on ax86?
I don't know, I only test for the syslog spam related to it, I didn't bother testing anything else beyond that since it's already broken there.

After Upgrading the Hostkey of my AC-88U had changed. Is this expected bahaviour? I wasn't expecting it.
Possible, depend from what version you are upgraded. At one point the hostkey got relocated to jffs instead of nvram.

Where is this option for Speedtest ? I don't see it in the openvpn client nor vpn status statistics for openvpn
It's on the Speedtest page itself.

How can I solve this?
There is nothing to solve, this is perfectly normal.

Are you sure you have the correct firmware for the AC86U and not AX86U? If so, unplug all USB devices, reboot the router, and try again.
Yes I have the correct version. No USB devices on either of my routers. Rebooted both and nothing.

Dirty upgrade 20 hours ago from 386.1_beta5 to 386.1 final on my RT-AC68U (AiMesh node), followed 15 minutes later by the RT-AC86U (Main router). Working flawlessly so far, no issues found yet whatsoever.

A huge hanks to @RMerlin , @themiron and everyone else who made this release possible. I'm glad to be back, and seeing this project is still so much alive and having evolved in such an awesome with a far more advanced amtm, all the add-on script available (thanks to these developers as well!), I take my hat of to you all. And thanks for your patience with me.

Best regards,
Marco

If any of the experts out there know how to fix

You can't. This is a very old bug within Trend Micro's dcd code. Only Trend Micro themselves can fix that. The current theory is that Trend Micro is running into a buffer overrun related to long interface names where they don't properly validate the buffer size.

@RMerlin thank you! One question - to you plan to support RT-AX68U eventually? Clarification - not like NOW, but in general - sometime in future?
See FAQ.

i just updated our RT-AC86U from Asuswrt-Merlin v384.19 to 386.1. i didn't do a factory reset yet, maybe later, the 86U is only running in AP mode atm, not using it as a router. the update from 384 to 386 was uneventful and only took a couple minutes before the UI came back; and there was no delay logging in. so far so good. i'll do a full reset on the 86U later when nobody is using the network and report back if there are problems.

ps - well this is encouraging, some initial testing of wireless performance shows a noticeable speed increase of about 50 Mbps (386.1 vs 384.19), from around 450 to 500 Mbps download, and around 550Mbps upload on an iPhone 11. so the wireless driver has been tweaked somewhat it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RMerlin I still have that issue with the offline clients list (DHCP Server Page) showing devices that are online.
Just remove those offline entries by clicking on the X at the end.

Anything related to networkmap is closed source and outside of my control.

BTW, having a valid lease does not mean that a client is online. If you turn a client on, let it get an IP, them turn it off, the lease will still be valid for up to 24 hours. What you see on the lease page does not indicate that a client is online, only that there is an existing lease for it.

I have tried to upgrade on my ac86u and ac1900. Nothing happens meaning I click upload and nothing uploads. Running 384.19 now
If both routers failed to upgrade then you have a browser issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!