What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin Where can i find NAT Acceleration in AC86U? Want to disabled it.
It's not user-controllable on that model.
@RMerlin IPv6 with 6in4 throws out an error for LAN IPv6 Prefix. It used to be fine with xxxx:xxx:xxxx:: but 386.1 says it's an invalid ip. Add a 1 at the end works for now.
Add a "0" at the end.
@RMerlin I saw that at the bottom of the WAN section -> "Special Requirement from ISP" two items disappeared:
Look higher on your page. They have been moved to the new "DHCP Option" section as Asus added them upstream, and I wanted to use the same location as them.

I just finished upgrading my RT-AX88U from 384.19 to 386.1. First I did a dirty upgrade, but the router never came back up after the upgrade process claimed success and requested a manual restart. I did a hardware reset and the device came up. I went through my documented steps to manually set the router back up, but every time I got to the step of formatting JFFS at next boot, upon reboot the router never came back up. The browser just hangs at "100%" progress bar and the router LEDs are frozen. Each time I had to hardware reset the router again and start over. I've rebooted the router many times in testing and it always comes back up, unless I'm trying to format jffs.

Anyway, I'm successfully on 386.1 and have the router set back up (formatting jffs wasn't necessary, really). Just wanted to report my findings.

Just remove those offline entries by clicking on the X at the end.

Anything related to networkmap is closed source and outside of my control.

BTW, having a valid lease does not mean that a client is online. If you turn a client on, let it get an IP, them turn it off, the lease will still be valid for up to 24 hours. What you see on the lease page does not indicate that a client is online, only that there is an existing lease for it.

If both routers failed to upgrade then you have a browser issue.
Funny you say that because I have not been able to access TD bank for weeks. I use edge and chrome with the same issues. Even shut off the fire wall and virus protection still can’t upgrade the FW. Also browser always says not secure connection

Where is this option for Speedtest ? I don't see it in the openvpn client nor vpn status statistics for openvpn
It shows like this if VPN is connected

DSC_04965.jpg

Thanks @RMerlin, @themiron, et al. for the work you've put into the 386.1 release and Asuswrt-Merlin in general!
I performed a (dirty) upgrade of my RT-AC86U from 384.19 to 386.1. Everything seems to work fine.
I do have a ~ +3 degree Celsius CPU temperature (~73c -> 76c) after +3 hours uptime going from 384.19 to 386.1.
FYI, I had traditional QoS enabled and noticed the Traffic Classification Pie Chart doesn't render (this is after clearing my browser cache):

Asuswrt-Merlin-Traffic-Classification-386.1.png

I have since disabled QoS as I wasn't really taking advantage of it and had only enabled it a few weeks ago.

Just remove those offline entries by clicking on the X at the end.

Anything related to networkmap is closed source and outside of my control.

BTW, having a valid lease does not mean that a client is online. If you turn a client on, let it get an IP, them turn it off, the lease will still be valid for up to 24 hours. What you see on the lease page does not indicate that a client is online, only that there is an existing lease for it.
I could but that won't make them show up in the online client list will it? All the offline clients are online and working as needed. The picture of the router's wireless log shows they are connected.

Last edited:
no fan or custom cooling, mine is behind tv of all the worst places but restricted space and it warm behind there compared to rest of room. My temps will reach approx 80C in summer months when outside temp is 35c+, i'm in uk and sun hits my propery really bad in summer and can easily reach 40c in my property when we got these really hot summer days/weeks, but most of the year they are what i posted, they do flucuate like i say though by about 2/4C depending on room temp.
Hello again everybody.

First of all, thanks to @RMerlin for the great work done.

I dirty flashed 386.1 final on RT-AC86U.
By now I've exactly the same issues as in Beta 5:

CPU Temp jumped from 78°C to 89°C. CPU Wait is enabled. However, as it seems, high temp issue is still present.
I don't understand why for some people the problem is solved, for others not. Is it just a software, or hardware + software issue?

This kind of error message in the system log:
Code:
[0;33;41mBLOG ERROR blog_request :blog_key corruption when adding flow net_p=ffffffc0074472e8  dir=1 old_key=0xfffffffe new_key=0x20001584[0m

The following error in the system log with Guest WiFi 1 enabled (known issue)
Code:
kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6

Thanks again

Last edited:
Updated from Asus official to 386.1 on AX86U with AC86U node.
Everything seems to work well so far except the built-in speed test.

Does anyone know why I am getting the error in the screenshot? I can see the test running but it always fails before the end.
Same result from FireFox and Chrome on PC and iPad(Chrome).

Speedtest Failed-screenshot.png

Upgraded AC86U from 384.19 to 386.1 and UI is not responsive. Can login to admin, but after few clicks everything will freeze..

Dirty upgrade of RT-AC86U from 384.19 to 386.1 with: Cake, Skynet, Scribe & Unscribe

Uneventful upgrade and GUI started immediately with good response.

On Network Map when I click "View List", the guest networks list as numbers rather than there SSID. For example I now see "Guest Network - 1" and "Guest Network - 2" for the list title where I used to see the SSID. Is this expected?

Everything else seems normal. Thank your for all you do Merlin.

Ok I went to another computer and it’s uploading. Thanks Merlin. Now to figure out the browser issue ..... it never ends lol

Apologies for a really dense question (try not to judge me):

Currently running 384.18 - which is vanilla (no scripts or other stuff) EXCEPT OpenVPN Server with 2048 encryption and Internet only access for a clients (so that my daughter, in a different country, can watch UK catch-up TV).

With all the usual caveats about backing up before upgrading etc - and aware of the possibility that I might need to do a reset - is there anything different/extra I need to do in upgrading to 386.1?

(I ask, because generally, must of the focus on OpenVPN configs is for the router to be a client and on this occasion when it is a server, there is less info out there - and I'll be in trouble if I screw up Sunday Evening's TV feed...)

Thanks!

Hello again everybody.

First of all, thanks to @RMerlin for the great work done.

I dirty flashed 386.1 final on RT-AC86U.
By now I've exactly the same issues as in Beta 5:

CPU Temp jumped from 78°C to 89°C. CPU Wait is enabled. However, as it seems, high temp issue is still present.
I don't understand why for some people the problem is solved, for others not. Is it just a software, or hardware + software issue?

This kind of error message in the system log:
Code:
[0;33;41mBLOG ERROR blog_request :blog_key corruption when adding flow net_p=ffffffc0074472e8  dir=1 old_key=0xfffffffe new_key=0x20001584[0m

The following error in the system log with Guest WiFi 1 enabled (known issue)
Code:
kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6

Thanks again
I'm having the same issue, but mine went from 79° to 95°. Already reset all settings, nothing seems to fix it.

Edit:
After playing around with some configurations, hundreds of reboots, downgrading and upgrading. I went back to 384.19 and unplugged almost all of the LAN cables from the router (RT-AC86U), just left the WAN cable connected. I've noticed a small drop in temperature from 79°C to 75°C. And then I decided to try to upgrade to 386.1 again. For my surprise it got stable at 83°C, which is acceptable to me. I haven't plugged the other LAN cables again. I may try something different tomorrow, I'm done for today.

Last edited:
AC68U: Traffic Analyzer and Internet Traffic Status graphs on Network Map still counting and displaying Wireless to Wired (and vice versa) traffic as Internet traffic. Everything else fine so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!