What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no DHCP Option 60 or 61. I looked everywhere, on every page. They disappeared from the WAN section. @RMerlin

That's not the correct tab. They are under the WAN settings -> Internet Connection Tab -> then about halfway down the page here:

EDIT: I just noted these options are only available with "Automatic IP" selected. Any other option and these selections disappear.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    486.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
I'm seeing these as well on my router.

From what I have read, there is actually no issue with these logs. Being that the merged GPL for this release is still in beta, there is some additional logging enabled in the system log. It has no negative impact on performance and isn't actually indicating anything wrong. I'm just dealing with some additional entries in the system log (that I really don't look at unless there's a problem anyways).

On the betas I found that this is caused by Tend Micro. Turning off individual Trend Micro services didn't solve it, but withdrawing my permission on the Privacy page stopped it.
This solved the issue for me. Cheers.

EDIT: Oddly enough, after making this change, the speedtest gave me much better results - more closely aligned with my 1,000/30 service. Prior to this I could not get above 500Mbps down. Not sure if that's pure coincidence or if it's related... but I'm glad to see this.

0H4Jz43.png

Last edited:
Thanks @RMerlin, @themiron, et al. for the work you've put into the 386.1 release and Asuswrt-Merlin in general!
I performed a (dirty) upgrade of my RT-AC86U from 384.19 to 386.1. Everything seems to work fine.
I do have a ~ +3 degree Celsius CPU temperature (~73c -> 76c) after +3 hours uptime going from 384.19 to 386.1.
FYI, I had traditional QoS enabled and noticed the Traffic Classification Pie Chart doesn't render (this is after clearing my browser cache):

View attachment 30073
I have since disabled QoS as I wasn't really taking advantage of it and had only enabled it a few weeks ago.

Known issues:
  • Sometimes Adaptive QoS rules aren't created at boot time on the RT-AC88U (and possibly AC300/AC5300) (same issue with stock firmware, try just re-applying your QoS settings to force it to restart)

Same issue here with my RT-AC68U - the Classification charts didn't render (cleared cache or incognito mode), except I'm using Adaptive instead of Traditional QoS. Happened both after dirty upgrade and factory reset (w/ 'initialize' checked box). Had to click Apply for it to work every time after router reboot.

Also after factory reset, I could not click Apply when setting up Adaptive QoS, the button was there but not clickable, had to select Traditional to be able to click Apply, then switched back to Adaptive.

I found a bug, probably an ASUS one.

RT-AX88U, using smart connect and setup from a reset with WIFI 6 / AX. I turned off Targeted Wake Time in the WiFi settings page which applied, swapped to professional settings and saved a change there, returned to the general WiFi settings and Targeted Wake Time was enabled again. I’ve repeated this multiple times to be sure.

EDIT: Oddly enough, after making this change, the speedtest gave me much better results - more closely aligned with my 1,000/30 service. Prior to this I could not get above 500Mbps down. Not sure if that's pure coincidence or if it's related... but I'm glad to see this.

0H4Jz43.png
Solved it here too.

on a Fibre, 1Gbps up/down symmetrical, ISP connection).
Damn... now that is a sweet setup I'd love to have. Sigh...

0H4Jz43.png

I disabled trend but still not there for me.

1612142783948.png

The speedtest app is accurate so i'm good.

speedtest dec.PNG

Hear, hear! Us peasants can only eat cake!
Indeed. I have a 1,000/30 link... would trade that for a 500/500 any day. That 30 upload is such a bottleneck.

Indeed. I have a 1,000/30 link... would trade that for a 500/500 any day. That 30 upload is such a bottleneck.
Get in the gutter with me at 230/6, and you'll gain an existential understanding of bottleneck. On the other hand, I'm not a gamer, so I'm really not affected by it (I don't think)

I only have 100/100 but it is very responsive. I think the 100 on the upload helps a lot. I do not see me getting anything faster anytime soon. I am just glad to have what I have. When we were in Texas, we had a 1000/100 service. Too bad there is no Speedtest when running in AP mode. I can’t complain about the quality of my 100/100 connection.

Attachments

• 50547A80-97B1-456C-BB05-BE635F8BF002.jpeg
    50547A80-97B1-456C-BB05-BE635F8BF002.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Any idea how to fix it?

There is nothing to fix, this is informational logging.

Additional pppd options? I don't see anything else.
@RMerlin can you confirm that this is DHCP Option 60?
1612145087588.png

What's Archer?
It's the name of the hardware acceleration engine used by the bcm675x.

, there's two Addons menu. Any idea on how I can get rid of one?

Ask the addon devs. That tab is not part of the firmware.

AX58U, just completed direct upgrade from 384.19 and it looks good so far.

:)

Edit: Aimesh no longer has an icon next to it, and I think it did before. But that's about the only thing I see that could be even the smallest bit out of place so far

EDIT: I just noted these options are only available with "Automatic IP" selected. Any other option and these selections disappear.

Which makes sense. They are DHCP options, so if you don't use DHCP, then there are no options to insert in your DHCP query.

My router shows the correct time imho.

Is your router time (from System Log - General Log) correct? And there is the difference you mentioned between that and Adaptive QoS - Internet Speed time/timing?
Yup, system time = reality.
Just the time of day reported by the speed check is 30 minutes behind.
Dunno, very curious.

A dirty upgrade didn't work for me on RT-AC86U, it wouldn't load the web interface after boot. So I did a hard reset and set everything again.

Everything seems fine, except that I'm getting a bunch of these messages on the log all the time:

Code:
Jan 31 23:10:04 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6
Jan 31 23:10:09 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5

A dirty upgrade didn't work for me on RT-AC86U, it wouldn't load the web interface after boot. So I did a hard reset and set everything again.
How long did you wait for the web interface? Listed as a known issue and others in the thread have said it might take anywhere up to 90 minutes to come online.

AC1900 has a warning after upgrade. Router running low on NVRAM
I have occasionally (about every 18 months or so) run into this issue with my ancient and well-used RT-AC68U, which is essentially the same router as yours. When it happens, I SSH into the router and run "for line in `nvram show | grep =$ `; do var=${line%*=}; nvram unset $var; done; nvram commit" (minus the quotes), which has always freed up a significant amount of NVRAM space with no apparent ill effects, but as always, run at your own risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!