What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did you wait for the web interface? Listed as a known issue and others in the thread have said it might take anywhere up to 90 minutes to come online.

I waited some minutes, probably not enough. I didn't read the known issue.

I could reload the old settings to see if the messages disappear, but a clean update should be better anyway.

I used to have these protocol messages when using IPv6 passthrough, but it is the first time I get them with IPv6 on PPP.

Have actually lost count of how many dirty upgrades I've completed on my RT-AC68U since moving to Merlin's firmware, but can add another to the list after moving from 384.19 to 386.1 without any issue whatsoever.

A dirty upgrade didn't work for me on RT-AC86U, it wouldn't load the web interface after boot. So I did a hard reset and set everything again.

Everything seems fine, except that I'm getting a bunch of these messages on the log all the time:

Code:
Jan 31 23:10:04 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth6
Jan 31 23:10:09 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5

Any guest network/s you have, shift from position 1 to position 2 on the guest networks page.
Position 1 has ‘gremlins’ currently.;)

Any guest network/s you have, shift from position 1 to position 2 on the guest networks page.
Position 1 has ‘gremlins’ currently.;)

Thank you. Changing the guest network to position 2 fixed the issue.

Position 2 doesn't have the "Sync to AiMesh Node" option, though. I guess I'll have to wait to use it. No big deal right now since no one is visiting due to the pandemic anyway.

Samba has gone insane. Has kept core 2 pegged all night as long as samba share is on. Have tried with usb sticks, HDD, SSD, ext 4, HFS+, NTFS etc. As long as samba is turned on, core 2 is pegged.

AC-86U, 386.1, with a full wipe/reset install done multiple times. Same issue. @RMerlin something to do with wsdd2 perhaps?

Last edited:
Edit: Aimesh no longer has an icon next to it, and I think it did before. But that's about the only thing I see that could be even the smallest bit out of place so far
Earlier, just after updating the fw, I noticed that with my router the AiMesh icon was missing as well. But now after a few hours when I logged in again the AiMesh icon is visible all right.

Earlier, just after updating the fw, I noticed that with my router the AiMesh icon was missing as well. But now after a few hours when I logged in again the AiMesh icon is visible all right.

Thanks, mine is back as well. I guess it was still re-scanning / setting up the DB

On a different note (WAN wise)
I also noticed that the Canadian Shield servers are now on the list of TLS servers :)

RT-AC68U. Upgraded from 384.19. Hard & Soft reset after the fact even though no custom scripts or jffs enabled.
Working superbly. WiFi seems to have improved slightly but maybe placebo.
No change in temps: 2.4 GHz: 49°C - 5 GHz: 52°C - CPU: 76°C

IMG_0156.jpg

Dirty update from 386.1 beta 4 to final, working fine at this moment thanks Merlin!

Went ahead and bit the bullet and upgraded from 384.19 on my RT-AC86U. WebGUI was unresponsive for about 90 minutes while the database maintenance did its thing. No real issue because everything was working fine anyway - you just have to show a little patience if you want to see that sweet, sweet GUI. The other issue, which I've seen noted elsewhere but have never experienced before, was having to delete the local known_hosts file to log in via SSH (because the remote host ID has changed).

As far as CPU temperatures go, I've gone from 74-75 degrees to 84-85 degrees. And yes, I know it's no big deal and shouldn't be an issue, but a 10-degree jump does *seem* like a big jump…

Installed 386.1 on a new X86U a couple of days ago and configured it from scratch. Yesterday around 11:30pm, it restarted on its own. Today around 2:37pm, it restarted on its own again.

Anything to look for in the System Log? Nothing seems to stick out to me, I guess it may have cleared anything just prior to the restart as part of the issue.

Do you see anything labelled "Crashlog" or "Internal Error" or "panic"? Those are indicators of a crash and reboot.

RT3100, dirty ran through all the betas to here. Everything is snappy, web interface seems more responsive than ever.

AX58U, just completed direct upgrade from 384.19 and it looks good so far.

:)

Edit: Aimesh no longer has an icon next to it, and I think it did before. But that's about the only thing I see that could be even the smallest bit out of place so far
My Aimesh didn’t have an icon at first but then appeared magically after a couple of reboots!

That's not the correct tab. They are under the WAN settings -> Internet Connection Tab -> then about halfway down the page here:

EDIT: I just noted these options are only available with "Automatic IP" selected. Any other option and these selections disappear.

THANK YOU

My Aimesh didn’t have an icon at first but then appeared magically after a couple of reboots!
Same with my RT-AC5300. It eventually reappeared after the router GUI had a few hours to stabilize. No reboots necessary in my case.

@Smokey613, there is a speed test for AP mode (hidden), just append 'AdaptiveQoS_InternetSpeed.asp' to the IP address after you log in. ;)

I don't use Google Photos, I don't use apps, I don't use Google anything, either.

Firefox it is. And only then, for this bonus functionality it provides. ;)

And that functionality is:
  • Saves the entire page, not just what is visible.
  • Shows the 'hidden' text when you click in the input box (just like the actual GUI allows).
  • Allows you to click/select and copy directly, not give your soul/firstborn to google willingly too.
:p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!